Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Greece ????

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Anybody recommend the best place to go in Greece, I be going with my gf and 3 year old daughter , so kavos is out of the question!!!

Re: Greece ????

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Just booked this place up in kos £430 for 10 nights all inclusive. First time in greece but some real cheap all inclusive hotels with good reviews http://www.mitsishotels.com/Hotels/nori ... rs_118.htm

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm

cubano wrote:Anybody recommend the best place to go in Greece, I be going with my gf and 3 year old daughter , so kavos is out of the question!!!

Kefolonia was nice for a quite holiday back in the late eighties not sure what its like now though. Cyprus is great but a bit overpriced

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Santorini is lovely, Zakynthos is nice too if you choose a quieter resort.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Pete,
Went to Rhodes and Kos last year, both nice for families.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Went to Kefolonia 2 years ago nice for a week stayed in 9 Muses apartment in Skala. Good resturants near by and very relaxing place

http://www.9museshotel.com/ - don't book with them direct - we used Travel Republic

Only a small island, worth hiring a car for a day or 2 you'll see most of the island in that time. :D :D

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Went to zante last year with the kids and was a bit apprehensive as it was a "party island" . We stayed in hotel luiz which is right on the beach and about a 15 min walk from the main strip. Needless to say i had nothing to worry about and had a great holiday would highly recommend.

If you do go there is a beach bar called Havana. Got to know the barman there likes his footy and will sort you out some free shots if you drink them

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Been to lots of Greek islands, try Skiathos, over 60 beautiful golden sandy beaches (and its still a small island), people are great as is the norm in Greece, food fantastic and just totally beautiful.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I have taken the family to Rhodes,Zante and Crete all great memories and superb for families

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 pm

I can highly recommend First Choice Holiday Village in Rhodes.
The staff and kids clubs are brilliant and we never saw the kids.
The food, drinks etc are all inclusive and are amazing.
One of the most relaxing and peaceful holidays we've had with the kids.
A bit pricey up front but you don't need any spending money (unless you want duty free) if you dont want anything else.
We went to another First Choice place near Falaraki which was great too. That was last June and they had a brand new water park as art of the hotel with lazy river etc and snack bar which was free and only for First Choice guests.
I'll try and remember name of it and post again ... I'm sure it was the Sun something but will be on First Chice site.
I've found with them if you play around with dates , length of holiday and departure airport you can get a bargain
For example we had a 10 day holiday at the Holiday Village for less than the price of a 7 day!!!
Have a great one wherever you go

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I've been to pretty much all of the islands with Thompson and Crete was definitely the best followed closely by Cyprus

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Been to Crete , Rhodes and Corfu but I'd recommend going to Cyprus ... Protaras is a nice family resort(Great beach , food and hotel/apartments) , just up the road from Aiya Napa

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Dicey wrote:Been to Crete , Rhodes and Corfu but I'd recommend going to Cyprus ... Protaras is a nice family resort(Great beach , food and hotel/apartments) , just up the road from Aiya Napa

Yep,love Cyprus a bit more expensive but cracking beaches in protaras fig tree bay :notworthy: great food and if you want really good nightlife Ayia napa 10 mins away :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Have a look at Costa Teguise in Lanzarote. I know its not Greece but could be worth you looking at.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for the input people will look into it