Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

andy campbell

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm

just watched his play off goal for us against qpr great day.the next season i remember he was going through a bad spell he hadnt scored for ages came off the bench and took a pen you got it he missed who was that against and did he ever play for us after that ????

Re: andy campbell

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Wasn't it at home to Coventry? Shirt ripped in the goal mouth

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Leicester or Leeds at the Canton End , Ninian Park.

Passed it straight to the goalie. Looked as if the goalie could have dived the wrong way, got up and still saved it. :lol:

Confidence was shot before then, but that finished his career. Sorry end to a person who will always be rememberd at the club.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

wasnt it leeds and it ended 0-0?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure it was against Leeds that he missed the penalty. Don't think he played too many more games for us after that.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:wasnt it leeds and it ended 0-0?

Thought so but cannot remember many games we haven't beaten Weeds, so thought it may have been Leicester.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm

i think it was leeds yes but wouldnt bet on it

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

abergblue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:wasnt it leeds and it ended 0-0?

Thought so but cannot remember many games we haven't beaten Weeds, so thought it may have been Leicester.

im 99% it was leeds because i can remember my mate jumping up and down thinking it went it but he was the only 1 lol

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Leeds. We were down to 9 men. Chops had put us in front.

He missed it & I was happy as I had 1-0 with Chops to score first at a tenner. Won me a fair bit!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

crackajack wrote:just watched his play off goal for us against qpr great day.the next season i remember he was going through a bad spell he hadnt scored for ages came off the bench and took a pen you got it he missed who was that against and did he ever play for us after that ????

Played a few games but really wasn't good enough at Championship level, he ended up in our Welsh league, Port talbot i seem to remember him at Friendly against my local team Llanrumney. Player manager.

Got here though so best wishes to him where ever he may be :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:30 pm

It was Leeds game finished 0-0 Campbell got ripped to shreds by the city fans
A young Cameron Jerome replaced him for his debut that day

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Leeds. We were down to 9 men. Chops had put us in front.

He missed it & I was happy as I had 1-0 with Chops to score first at a tenner. Won me a fair bit!

completely wrong game your on about, chops wasnt even here when andy campbell was lol

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:38 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

completely wrong game your on about, chops wasnt even here when andy campbell was lol

chops was later for sure

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Are you sure? The game Simon Walton got sent off ? :lol: this what happens when you get old, memory becomes blurred.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Chuckles admits hes wrong :shock:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Chuckles admits hes wrong :shock:

:lol: we've beaten Leeds so many times it's hard to keep games separate ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

October 2nd. 2004 Against Leeds 0-0 .Our first season back in the championship