Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Missing a cup run this year

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 am

Perhaps being greedy but missing the excitement of the FA and Capital one cup and a bit jealous of the Jacks
Some of our best moments have been with the cup dramas recently

Realise the priorities are promotion but looking at last Saturdays game--Mutch , Gestede and Noone didnt feature so didnt realy need to be rested for the Macclesfield game--Nugent, Cowie and Helgusson only played less than half a game so could have played a part.

Please Malky dont dis- respect the cups again --play a few resreves but you went too far this year

Could have been a nice game on Saturday

Re: Missing a cup run this year

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

But if we were still in the cups, would we be 10 points clear?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 am

On the plus side, it has allowed the squad to get away for a week of warm-weather training while the rest of us freeze. I think that will be more beneficial towards reaching our main goal than giving some of the fringe players a game on saturday.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

I'm enjoying the free weekends we are getting. Gives my fingernails time to grow back ready for the next game lol. Its nice to have a weekend where you can just relax and follow the football results without having to worry. :ayatollah:
Last edited by mr'mogreenz on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

A cup run would not harm the squad. We have a much bigger squad this year

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:A cup run would not harm the squad. We have a much bigger squad this year

You say that but if a few of our key players played in the cups and got injured, we probably wouldn't be 10 points clear now would we?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Love the cups. But completely agree that this seasons entire effort is purely for a singular outcome. Speaking to a QPR fan yesterday and he was saying what an amazing summer we will have looking forward to the new season. Let's get there first though with no distractions.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Mafor wrote:Perhaps being greedy but missing the excitement of the FA and Capital one cup and a bit jealous of the Jacks
Some of our best moments have been with the cup dramas recently

Realise the priorities are promotion but looking at last Saturdays game--Mutch , Gestede and Noone didnt feature so didnt realy need to be rested for the Macclesfield game--Nugent, Cowie and Helgusson only played less than half a game so could have played a part.

Please Malky dont dis- respect the cups again --play a few resreves but you went too far this year

Could have been a nice game on Saturday

Mate, we have had our Cup runs and our trips to Wembley and we have suffered the pain and heartbreak of our failed promotion bids. This season is all about one thing and one thing only, Promotion to the Premiership. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 pm

I believe if a few more 1st team regulars played against Ipswich we would have beaten them both any a cup game this weekend or 5 days in Dubai you decide

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Talking of the Jacks and their cup run, let me put this dilemma to you.

My mate in work asked if I would happily allow the Jacks to go one step further than us, win the League and get into Europe IF it guaranteed we got promoted.

I said yes, but the closer they get I'm sort of waivering.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:A cup run would not harm the squad. We have a much bigger squad this year

No we don't, our squad size is very similar to last season. It's our squad quality that's improved.

Pretty much the same numbers in our group as last season.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 pm

The players must be loving getting knocked out of the cups, because its got them an holiday in Dubai

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Providing we go up via the autos I'm quite glad there is no cup run.

Not because of when people say it's a distraction....I just can't afford to go to Wembley again this year!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 am

I'm not missing it at all :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

Mafor ya greedy b*stard. ;)

We've been pretty
Icky over the last few years with cups, time to concentrate elsewhere. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I'm enjoying the free weekends we are getting. Gives my fingernails time to grow back ready for the next game lol. Its nice to have a weekend where you can just relax and follow the football results without having to worry. :ayatollah:

I'm not, I'm having to spend some more time with the wife :(