Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kim Bo Kyung

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am

He's a lot stronger than when we first saw him. He's been great so far and has great skill. If we reach the premiership i think he will establish himself quite quickly. His style of play will suit him in the top flight and you can see why Dortmund were after him. Still learning and still settling. At the age of 23 he is still developing and learning. We have a real gem and he's South Korea's number 7 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Mynachdy_Bluebird on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Kim Bo Kyung

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:He's a lot stronger than when we first saw him. He's been great so far and has great skill. If we reach the premiership i think he will establish himself quite quickly. His style of play will suit him in the top flight and you can see why Dortmund were after him. Still learning and still settling. At the age of 23 he is still developing and learning. We have a real gem and he's South Korea's number 7 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 am

The job he did in the Blackpool soup was immense. Shows how much work he's put
in. Will not be shaken off the ball easily any more. Add that to his obvious technical
skills... We have a cracking player here. Will thrive in the Premiership

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 am

i think we should enjoy kim while we can as from what ive seen in a short space of time, this boys destined for big things. hopefully we'll get a nice price for him though. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:57 pm

If he learns to beat his man improve his dribbling and be stronger on the ball he will be a machine

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Kim is massively underrated in my opinion.

He needs a run in the team :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

He's going to be worth a lot more soon than the £2m steal we had him for

I can see him being a vital cog for us in the top flight. Oozes class

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:If he learns to beat his man improve his dribbling and be stronger on the ball he will be a machine

Your being a tad harsh there.TBH I think Messi would have struggled on that pitch.2 things he showed me last saturday that you don't often see in this div.1.Takes the ball with his back to goal whilst being tightly marked and then turns while in possession and makes space for himself.most just hold it up and then pass it to the next man in the triangle.2 A cross field diagonal ball like the one he played for our winner smacked of Glen Hoddle at his best.That particular piece of vision and execution is not something you see too often in the championship.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

I just hope he will remain loyal to this football club and bring more players in just like him that's if we get promotion, He is showing a lot of potential :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:I just hope he will remain loyal to this football club and bring more players in just like him that's if we get promotion, He is showing a lot of potential :ayatollah:

I'd forget about loyalty. Every player has their price - we know that. Lets just enjoy it while we can and if the club cut a massive profit off the back of his success here then we'll cross that bridge eventually

It's win win

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 pm

A good write up about Kim from a neutral

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/reportage/ ... n-to-watch

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 pm

CityGent wrote:
Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:I just hope he will remain loyal to this football club and bring more players in just like him that's if we get promotion, He is showing a lot of potential :ayatollah:

I'd forget about loyalty. Every player has their price - we know that. Lets just enjoy it while we can and if the club cut a massive profit off the back of his success here then we'll cross that bridge eventually

It's win win

If we go up and stay up and he has a good first season in the Prem, we could easily sell him for £10m plus and get another 2 quality players in :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 pm

CantonJack wrote:
CityGent wrote:

It's win win

If we go up and stay up and he has a good first season in the Prem, we could easily sell him for £10m plus and get another 2 quality players in :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly. Of all the hundreds of negative debt posts we've got to appreciate how much the squad is worth. Very encouraging

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm

For what it's worth, the Swans profile in Korea is ridiculous at the moment with Ki playing for us... No doubt there will be a similar knock on for Cardiff in the Premier League.

I heard that coming up to Christmas, we were selling over 200 shirts a day in Korea alone! Mind boggling! Plus we have picked up another sponsor from there.