Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When is a loan a loan?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 am

With lots of talk of debt, loans, 7% interest rate and investment , equity conversions, its easy to get lost as to what COULD be going on. Giving Man City as an extreme example, the rule makers (FIFA, UEFA, FA) etc, with fairness in mind have decided to not allow Sugar Daddy owners to pump vast amounts of money into their clubs. Clubs need to able to service all outgoings, mainly wages I think. Not sure of the ins and outs, something like 120% of income is allowed. Whether it effects Championship or not I'm not sure????

Anyway back to my point.

Is it possible that Tan and I'm sure other owners are getting around the rules or forseeable rules by putting these 'vast amounts of investment' on the balance sheet as loans. With very low interest rates and no date for repayment attached as a way of cheating the system.

Sorry for leymans terms used, bad grammar or spelling. If this has been mentioned before or put in a more articulate way, again apologies.

Re: When is a loan a loan?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am

Been mentioned before then? :idea:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

toshacks_1_tales wrote:Been mentioned before then? :idea:

PM yourself in one of your many other usernames. :roll:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Yawn. If you need banking term explanations, goto http://www.ft.com/home/uk and fill your boots you boring effeminate waster.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 pm

I would say my creditability as a future poster is in a perilous position. Two posts in and Bluebird 1977 calls me a troll and banned, a few later, I'm the recipient of another snipe as a multiple account holder. Is it possible to come back from this? After my previous ban I was told by Owain to keep things sensible. I thought my post was within those parameters. Am I the victim of some paranoia caused by previous (posters) or trolls multiple account holders.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Yawn. I'd be more concerned about your future credibility as a person that people would want to have anything to do with. Believe me, you really are a bore. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

So how does one command any legitimate credence? Do I need to come on beating my chest professing to one and all of how I have followed Cardiff for 40 years when only five of us trailed around the country beating everybody to a pulp. With loads of psychophantic lines to throw around. I am not that person. Early 90's for me. Living in England for last ten years so only get down for half a dozen games.. Does this help????

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:21 pm

:sleepy2: