Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Simon Lappin last signing this month?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:05 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:He would be a pointless signing. He won't play and we'll let him go at the end of the season if we go up.

What do we do if we don't sign him and Taylor gets injured?

I'm sure we could get someone better on loan til the end of the season. If it's going to be a short term contract then fair enough.

We couldn't find anyone better in November.

I can't see us spending the money to improve on Taylor so Lappin is a good backup.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Aramore wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:He would be a pointless signing. He won't play and we'll let him go at the end of the season if we go up.

What do we do if we don't sign him and Taylor gets injured?

I'm sure we could get someone better on loan til the end of the season. If it's going to be a short term contract then fair enough.

We couldn't find anyone better in November.

I can't see us spending the money to improve on Taylor so Lappin is a good backup.

Exactlly we aren't going to be able sign a better play in January as it will be too high a price. Its halfway through a season what team will want to sell their best players at this point if they dont need the money. He's cover exactlly what we need

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Why would Malky want to sign a seasoned pro with previous promotion experience to strengthen our squad for the running for free?

Puzzling

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 pm

yeah . sign him up. as long as hes not on more than £150 a week.before tax and national insurance :ayatollah: