Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sordell rumour still seems to be around

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 am

There still seems to be a lot of gossip across media regarding Sordell joining us, can anyone try to shed some light on this. Surely now Malky has got Campbell for next to nothing do we really need Sordell?

Re: Sordell rumour still seems to be around

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 am

wdb2721 wrote:There still seems to be a lot of gossip across media regarding Sordell joining us, can anyone try to shed some light on this. Surely now Malky has got Campbell for next to nothing do we really need Sordell?

Malky is thinking next season, we know that much, and we know he rates Sordell!!

He has publicly stated we are not looking for another striker.

Which means... f**k all :lol: :lol:

Who knows? If we can get him cheaply enough, Id go for it!!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 pm

wdb2721 wrote:There still seems to be a lot of gossip across media regarding Sordell joining us, can anyone try to shed some light on this. Surely now Malky has got Campbell for next to nothing do we really need Sordell?

Campbell, Sordell and Maynard are too similar IMO, i believe that if another striker is due to come in then it would be a target man.

But I dont know nowt :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Cant see why we would want to sign Sordell tbh we already have enough small strikers - Maynard, Campbell, Mason, plus Bellamy and Smith can play up top.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Cant see why we would want to sign Sordell tbh we already have enough small strikers - Maynard, Campbell, Mason, plus Bellamy and Smith can play up top.

He's the same height as Helgusson and from what I've seen (very little) he can play a target an role, gotta be better than Rudy.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

RFMH wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Cant see why we would want to sign Sordell tbh we already have enough small strikers - Maynard, Campbell, Mason, plus Bellamy and Smith can play up top.

He's the same height as Helgusson and from what I've seen (very little) he can play a target an role, gotta be better than Rudy.

Helgusson is out of the norm he leaps like a salmon and is as strong as an ox. Sordell is small in comparison even if they are the same height.

Also same height is Tommy Smith, who proved Saturday he can also play up there an link the play with his great touch / movement and top class football brain.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

RFMH wrote:

Gotta be better than Rudy? Not worth looking at if he isn't.
Sorry to say I cannot see Rudy here next season. Probably more chance of Helguson staying than Rudy.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 pm

5 million, no thanks.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:5 million, no thanks.

Most I would consider would be £1.5 million, and not sure he is worth that.
If MM thinks he can do a job I would go no more that £1 million with add ons for goals/appearances.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Dougie and the chairman spoke about transfers a few weeks back and because the Sordell rumour was going about they want budge for anything unless its 5 million.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Dougie and the chairman spoke about transfers a few weeks back and because the Sordell rumour was going about they want budge for anything unless its 5 million.

Bolton will be in admin in 3 years unless they mount a promotion push.