Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

with the team we have now do you think we could..

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am

stay up next season (if we went up)

i believe we need some new players but if we played these ..

............................marshall.........

new right back.....connolly..hudson...new left back

conway......gunnarson.....whitts.......bellamy

.......campbell/maynard.....new target man

with new targets in those positions, strengthening and keeping these players playing i think we will stay up (if we go up)

opinions ? :ayatollah:

Re: with the team we have now do you think we could..

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 am

If we go up, I think the team will need about three or four players to survive, a target man upfront so that Campbell can use his pace to play off. A midfielder or two and stronger cover in the backs.

With Marshall we have a keeper who would probably get into a lot of premier teams at the moment but maybe a more experienced keeper as cover for him.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 am

personally i think we need strength in the middle, while im not conviced Hudson has what it takes to excel in the prem, might be that Nugent steps up next season.

------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------------------

New LB---------------------Connelly-----------------------Nugent----------------------New RB

Noone-------------Whitts---------------New Mid---------------Kimbo---------------New Winger

---------------------------Bellamy/Campbell/Maynard/New Striker------------------------------

obviously there will be times we play 442, with say campbell and maynard up top, but i think 451, with kim in the centre with whitts and someone like diame (though im sure we wouldnt get him lol) alongside them

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 am

wdb2721 wrote:If we go up, I think the team will need about three or four players to survive, a target man upfront so that Campbell can use his pace to play off. A midfielder or two and stronger cover in the backs.

With Marshall we have a keeper who would probably get into a lot of premier teams at the moment but maybe a more experienced keeper as cover for him.

I forgot we have Maynard!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am

4 signing will probably keep us up there for a season. A goalkeeper for cover, A centre back, A midfielder and a centre forward. Im hoping we do what Norwich and Swansea did. Look overseas for some real gems for a Bargain. Not need to splash the cash :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 pm

I think the current team would have a right old go at it, but we woul need some extra depth, things tht give us hope for survival ( providing we get there) are

Will to win
Fitness levels
Winning ugly
High pressing

These four things are massive when gaining points and the sheer work ethic and will to win we are showing in our current league will need to be carried forward to the prem, flair is all well and good but doing the basics and working hard will gain points in the prem alone add 2 that some extra quality and keeping possession better and we are in with a good chance

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

paulh_85 wrote:personally i think we need strength in the middle, while im not conviced Hudson has what it takes to excel in the prem, might be that Nugent steps up next season.

------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------------------

New LB---------------------Connelly-----------------------Nugent----------------------New RB

Noone-------------Whitts---------------New Mid---------------Kimbo---------------New Winger

---------------------------Bellamy/Campbell/Maynard/New Striker------------------------------

obviously there will be times we play 442, with say campbell and maynard up top, but i think 451, with kim in the centre with whitts and someone like diame (though im sure we wouldnt get him lol) alongside them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Its worth remembering that Southampton spent about 30m before the season kicked off and Malky thought they were the best side in the ch/ship last season before they spent that money.If we get there I've a feeling we'll see some commings and goings that may surprise us.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:personally i think we need strength in the middle, while im not conviced Hudson has what it takes to excel in the prem, might be that Nugent steps up next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is that funny? As much as I rate Hudson and he's been our player of the season you have to wonder whether he will do fie next season, he's very slow for a centre half at that level and if he gets turned by a good striker he's done. However, I think he will be more than enough after keeping Suarez quiet at the final last season. :malky:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Why is that funny? As much as I rate Hudson and he's been our player of the season you have to wonder whether he will do fie next season, he's very slow for a centre half at that level and if he gets turned by a good striker he's done. However, I think he will be more than enough after keeping Suarez quiet at the final last season. :malky:

i doubt very much that Connolly will be play week in week out in the prem, we need 2 new centre backs just to compete for the starting places and new left back and right back, the keepers would be fine tho!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:41 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

i doubt very much that Connolly will be play week in week out in the prem, we need 2 new centre backs just to compete for the starting places and new left back and right back, the keepers would be fine tho!

I would like to see a quality position in each areas to be honest if we went up. Mainly a quality tough tackling holding midfielder like Tiote. You need one in the Prem.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

We should not doubt the man anymore. He is god.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I would like to see a quality position in each areas to be honest if we went up. Mainly a quality tough tackling holding midfielder like Tiote. You need one in the Prem.

Kiss.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

We should not doubt the man anymore. He is god.

I used to slag him off all the time when he first came but last season and this season he has proven me completely wrong. First name on the sheet for me now :malky:

But if we went up we would have to question each player in our team to see if they are good enough.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm

samdm94 wrote:stay up next season (if we went up)

i believe we need some new players but if we played these ..

............................marshall.........

new right back.....connolly..hudson...new left back

conway......gunnarson.....whitts.......bellamy

.......campbell/maynard.....new target man

with new targets in those positions, strengthening and keeping these players playing i think we will stay up (if we go up)

opinions ? :ayatollah:

with the team we have....NO... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

please elaborate? :?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

Can't go and buy loads of players, as it never seems to work. Gt to keep the numbers low and the quality high.

Would rather buy 3 thoroughly scouted premiership proven players, than do what QPR are doing and buying anyone with some kind of reputation straight of the bat.

Think we need a bigger man up top, a ball winner and a full back, maybe 2 full backs.

I'd rather be like west brom than QPR. I don't mind relegation and bouncing back if we can stabilise ourselves in a couple of years.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

please elaborate? :?

OK, picture this. It's the club first ever season in the Premier League, and you wouldn't mind a largely untested albeit budding youngster take the place of a player who is likely the best central defender outside the Premier League, and a player who has arguably been the team's player of the season to date?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

________________________________________________Marshall______________________________________________

___________New RB____________________Turner________________New CB/Nugent_________________Taylor________

_________________________________Mutch__________________________Gunnarsson_____________________________

________________________________________________Whittingham_____________________________________________

_______Kim Bo____________________________Campbell/Maynard/Mason______________________Noone_______________

Formation: 4-2-1-3

The interesting thing about next season will be the battle upfront between Campbell, Maynard and Mason. Mason certainly has the potential, we've seen it all before. The jury will be out on Maynard and Mason in the Premiership but I think Campbell is someone who could get double figures for us in the Premiership. I also think Maynard is capable of it too but we will have to 'wait and see' on Maynard after his injury.

Another tricky winger would be a good addition as well as an experienced target man! :malky: