Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City wage bill

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

AskJeeves wrote:So nobody really knows what this mythical vision is but are happy to go along with it knowing that if it doesn't work it will probably be the end to a club that's stood for more than a century?

I can't grasp that.

can you grasp this :wave:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Any sensible debate welcome.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

AskJeeves wrote:Any sensible debate welcome.

you're a big poo poo head

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Shirt orders normally need a 6 months lead time, both our teams sales were similar in the championship, we doubled ours in our first year of PL football and found we didn't order enough, we have since doubled that again, hope your commercial guys are switched on.

We ordered in November with Adidas for May delivery

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm

AskJeeves wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Doesn't take RM long does it?

Tans vision is to broadcast the rebrand across China and the Far East. If he pulls it off then the income stream will be huge. Therefore keeping Cardiff City going will be a priority. RM has not taken that into account.

What are these revenue streams then?

As I've said Liverpool make £9 million from global shirt sales and they shift more shirts than 99% of top clubs in the top leagues around the world.

If you followed the club properly RM you would know. Its all part of Tans vision and if he pulls it off all your points above are pointless.

So what is Tans vision?

Even the dullest amongst us can work that out who follow the club.

For your sake I will brief for you and keep it simple. Tans background is Malaysian Chinese. His vision is to have a premier football club that will be an icon for that culture in the Far East. This will produce revenue streams such as broadcasting, betting and merchandise. The potential is huge. Unfortunately for us it needs to appeal to the upcoming peasants in China who will soon be able to afford satellite television. That means getting rid of such identities like the Bluebird and Pick and Shoval song. These will be replaced by something like a dragon and a picture of a bowl of rice on the shirt.

You see its not the finances that are going to be the problem but the fact that a different culture has taken over the club. Sadly a lot of fans are not seeing that.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm

AskJeeves wrote:So nobody really knows what this mythical vision is but are happy to go along with it knowing that if it doesn't work it will probably be the end to a club that's stood for more than a century?

I can't grasp that.

Not often I'd say this, but I agree with you. Tan hasn't presented this vision to anyone at the club, to fans or to supporter groups.

Tan changed the colour because he wants that colour & dressed it up as a vision.

These supporters don't seem to hate blue?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Cryogenic freezing wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:Pete isn't on anywhere near 30k, get your facts right.

Who's Pete and where did I say he was on 30k?

Whittingham, I know Pete well.

He's on nothing like that.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:

Tans vision is to broadcast the rebrand across China and the Far East. If he pulls it off then the income stream will be huge. Therefore keeping Cardiff City going will be a priority. RM has not taken that into account.

As I've said Liverpool make £9 million from global shirt sales and they shift more shirts than 99% of top clubs in the top leagues around the world.

If you followed the club properly RM you would know. Its all part of Tans vision and if he pulls it off all your points above are pointless.

So what is Tans vision?

For your sake I will brief for you and keep it simple. Tans background is Malaysian Chinese. His vision is to have a premier football club that will be an icon for that culture in the Far East. This will produce revenue streams such as broadcasting, betting and merchandise. The potential is huge. Unfortunately for us it needs to appeal to the upcoming peasants in China who will soon be able to afford satellite television. That means getting rid of such identities like the Bluebird and Pick and Shoval song. These will be replaced by something like a dragon and a picture of a bowl of rice on the shirt.

You see its not the finances that are going to be the problem but the fact that a different culture has taken over the club. Sadly a lot of fans are not seeing that.

So Tans vision is to turn Cardiff into a club bigger than the likes of Man United and Liverpool? And failure to do so will probably kill the club.

So, which do you think is the most likely outcome?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:Pete isn't on anywhere near 30k, get your facts right.

Who's Pete and where did I say he was on 30k?

Whittingham, I know Pete well.

He's on nothing like that.

Where did it ever say he was on 30k? He was labelled a high earner - which he is.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -32652879/?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 pm

AskJeeves wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:

So what is Tans vision?

So Tans vision is to turn Cardiff into a club bigger than the likes of Man United and Liverpool? And failure to do so will probably kill the club.

So, which do you think is the most likely outcome?

:lol: Do better than that.

Just making the club established in the premier is all that is needed. The club has a long term high profile future if Tan pulls it off. However its the stature of the club that concerns the minority of us.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm

But in order to pull it off the clubs stature must be bigger than the likes of man united etc.

My question stands, what's more likely and given the outcome if it fails there's the answer as to why some arent giddy that we have just given out a £5m deal.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 pm

AskJeeves wrote:But in order to pull it off the clubs stature must be bigger than the likes of man united etc.

Nope

My question stands, what's more likely and given the outcome if it fails there's the answer as to why some arent giddy that we have just given out a £5m deal.

Its Tans money why should we worry

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:But in order to pull it off the clubs stature must be bigger than the likes of man united etc.

Nope

well, yes. The aim is to become a super power in these countries which is the only way to get enough financial reward to wipe out the deficit and then go on to put us into the black. We are charged with £120 million of debt but on order to service that even slightly we must operate at a profit wiping out our £25m a year shortfall. QPR play in red, have a Malaysian owner of higher profile and regularly seek advertising at promotion in Asia, plus they have a red away kit - is it doing them much good? Not really, as they are competing wi the likes of man united.

Its Tans money why should we worry

like it was SAMs money? The debt is charged to us at a rate of the whole sum plus 7% interest,

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Glanced at the first sentence and was immediately bored. I would worry about your own wage bill, or the lack of it if I were you, you swivelling little tw*t. Yawn.

SnivellingLittleTwat should be his next username.

:old: :old:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
AskJeeves wrote:Any sensible debate welcome.

you're a big poo poo head

:laughing5: :laughing5:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

we cant afford the players we are buying, clearly its promotion or deep shit for us.

i knew QPR's plan in the summer would all end in tears, and it has, we are on course for a similar strategy i think. the money malky has been given has been well spent, and many of the current players will make the step up to the PL.

i hope tan is the one who loses out if it all goes tits up and not the club, this is our football club we're talking about, i dont want someone gambling the existance of us away. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:It says in the (op) that the transfer fee was the shrewd part of the business. The wage was speculation based on the players previous wage.

Just reading back my posts due to a lot of negativity and accusations of being a troll. This post above was meant to highlight what Carl has said about the Frazier deal. It was not in support of the original poster and his views on the deal. Quite the opposite in fact. Mis-quoted

Will ensure to attribute the right quote to the right person in future.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Gavlar wrote:
rhyswales wrote:i agree, i was thinking the same, if we go up we will be fav to come back down, and if we do come down we are in big trouble! like charlton, portsmouth, leeds a few seasons ago... we could be the next team in trouble with our wage bill and massive debt.

Absolutely, and our debt figure to income figure is far far worse than any of the clubs you mention above.

People are urging me to rejoice and stop worrying, when looking at the facts it's very hard to.

What's the solution then?

Well its looking like we are going up, so we will be getting money for going up, use some on repaying the debt and then some on transfers to stay up. Then if we manage to stay up the money we will get from that, use it to pay some debt and transfers, it will be a very slow process but the only hope we have of paying the debt is by going up and staying up, balancing our books and make some money from buying and selling players :)