Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City wage bill

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

After reading Carl's assesmemt that 30k a week over 3 and a half years is "shrewd business" I realised how out of touch people have become regarding the well being of our club.

30k a week over 3 and a half years is a contract worth £5 million :shock: this is on a player that has had to drop down to the championship as he didnt make the cut in the Premier league. We have other high earners, Bellamy, Velikonja, Kim bo kyung, whittingham etc etc

The rumours regarding our debt being as high as £120 million are terrifying, with annis himself saying he believes they are over the £100m mark. It certainly looks good for us to be promoted now being 10 points clear but the premier league does not bring the riches most people assume as expenditure rises almost to the same rate as income rises. If we are paying the likes of Campbell and Bellamy 30k in the championship, I dread to think what our wage bill will be like in the prem.

It's certainly not a safe module to go about things, if we get relegated next year which we will be amongst the favourites to do that - we could be in the worst position this club has ever been in, yet people seem happy just to get the one season of prem football?

Re: Cardiff City wage bill

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 am

You spend far too much time looking into the financial minutiae of a rival club Adam.

:old:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:You spend far too much time looking into the financial minutiae of a rival club Adam.

You are comfortable with the club adding to the financial plight over such a long period of time then Dave?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 am

I have to say I agree. However Im also not gonna tell a man how to spend money...if he turns it all into equity, thats us sorted! If he doesn't, we get relegated and he fucks off? Well dream big or die trying, ill support us from the bottom tear up all over again. Sometimes you just gotta realise you have no control and what happens will happen, so just sit back and ride the wave. Before you know it we are finically sound, established in the premiership and you then you realise you didn't fully experience the great emotions of city getting promotion for the first time in 50 years because of the what ifs.....

suppose some successful men have a similar perspective on life, i just need the success part! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 am

PowerOfPigeons wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:You spend far too much time looking into the financial minutiae of a rival club Adam.

You are comfortable with the club adding to the financial plight over such a long period of time then Dave?

No not at all, iv'e said for months promotion is imperative to our finances, if we don't go up this year we REALLY are in the shit big time.

If we go up I have no doubt in my mind Tans red shirts and branding will go down a storm in Asia. We will get out of this mess if we go up, Campbells signing and ridiculous wages have the Premier league in mind. Come May we will know our destiny in terms of our finances.

And it's Dai.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:I have to say I agree. However Im also not gonna tell a man how to spend money...if he turns it all into equity, thats us sorted! If he doesn't, we get relegated and he fucks off? Well dream big or die trying, ill support us from the bottom tear up all over again. Sometimes you just gotta realise you have no control and what happens will happen, so just sit back and ride the wave. Before you know it we are finically sound, established in the premiership and you then you realise you didn't fully experience the great emotions of city getting promotion for the first time in 50 years because of the what ifs.....

suppose some successful men have a similar persecutive, i just need the success part! :lol: :lol:

It's not his money though, it's being charged to us at a rate of the whole sum plus 7%. The conversion of debt to equity is a pipe dream and makes no sense what so ever. He's squires 40% of the shares for £6m meaning he only needs to spend another £8m to gain the other 60%. Why would he over spend by £110m odd?

A lot say "there is nothing a fan can do" but that just isn't true. After the initial negative reaction to Tans plan of stripping the club of its identity - he backed down. It was only then the realisation that the club wouldn't be vying for promotion without his loans did the fans then ASK for this. And now are hiding behind the "nothing we can do about it" opinion, seemingly happy that we could be out of business in the near future but as long as we experience the Prem.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
PowerOfPigeons wrote:

No not at all, iv'e said for months promotion is imperative to our finances, if we don't go up this year we REALLY are in the shit big time.

If we go up I have no doubt in my mind Tans red shirts and branding will go down a storm in Asia. We will get out of this mess if we go up, Campbells signing and ridiculous wages have the Premier league in mind. Come May we will know our destiny in terms of our finances.

And it's Dai.

How do you think promotion will make things ok? Do you know how much clubs make from shirt sales? Liverpool have a crazy following all over the globe and I think they make around £9 million per year. We won't even get a quarter of tht share as I'm sure you will agree.

We re losing £24 million per year at the moment and although this may decrease in the prem we would still be losing in excess of £10 - £15 million which will be adding to the debt and worsening the clubs position.

By tying players into large contracts for a long period of time and financial fair play being in full effect in 2 years time means relegation could quite conceivably kill the club, yet everyone is happy as they will get to see Rooney.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 am

We pay our players a nice wedge :ayatollah: ...

as long as we get a few seasons in the premiership I'm happy for us to take a gamble on becoming a massive club if it doesn't happen we'd just go back to wherever unfortunately wel be stuck with the stadium though :(

lets say the average club wage is 15k per week we then x that by 4 to get 60k per month. we then x that by 25. 60k x 25
1.5 million x 12
18 million per year . x 3 years you can count on the doubling by year 3. Hopefully tans asia plan pays off, I cant seem them switching from man utd though

I may be out the average wage could work out at 10k

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:We pay our players a nice wedge :ayatollah: ...

as long as we get a few seasons in the premiership I'm happy for us to take a gamble on becoming a massive club if it doesn't happen we'd just go back to wherever unfortunately wel be stuck with the stadium though :(

lets say the average club wage is 15k per week we then x that by 4 to get 60k per month. we then x that by 25. 60k x 25
1.5 million x 12
18 million per year . x 3 years you can count on the doubling by year 3. Hopefully tans asia plan pays off, I cant seem them switching from man utd though

Another pipe dream.

Why would an Asian football fan switch to Cardiff when they have the likes of man united Liverpool and arsenal? And we have already established these clubs who shift massive amounts of shirts don't make that much money from it anyway.

I'm amazed that you are happy to gamble the future of the club away though. The mistake in your thinking however is that we will go back to where we were - we won't. We are not in a solvent position anymore, relegation will probably mean e death of the club which was gambled on for a jolly in the prem.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:We pay our players a nice wedge :ayatollah: ...

1.5 million x 12

Nonsense. Not one first team member will be on anything under 20k I can guarantee that. Everyone will have improved deals on promotion written into their contracts.

Look at the premier league yearly wage bills., and not many of the lower end clubs were paying anything like the amount we are on promotion, which will naturally increase once promoted...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... rofit-debt

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 am

Don't worry, be happy.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Old roath magic is back

Ain't he just,I can remember him spouting the same drivel even in his first incarnation as Canton Magic.Push the button Gav-this man is cretinous and will do more harm than good in pursuit of his sexual gratification.

Leave him on here. Nobody takes him seriously anyway. Great for the ego. He makes me feel superior.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 am

Don't worry, be happy.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:02 am

Next season tv money alone will turn over 60 million a season for the club that's with out other income ,getting to the prem and staying there will sort us out ,don't know why your worrying

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

PowerOfPigeons wrote:After reading Carl's assesmemt that 30k a week over 3 and a half years is "shrewd business" I realised how out of touch people have become regarding the well being of our club.

30k a week over 3 and a half years is a contract worth £5 million :shock: this is on a player that has had to drop down to the championship as he didnt make the cut in the Premier league. We have other high earners, Bellamy, Velikonja, Kim bo kyung, whittingham etc etc

The rumours regarding our debt being as high as £120 million are terrifying, with annis himself saying he believes they are over the £100m mark. It certainly looks good for us to be promoted now being 10 points clear but the premier league does not bring the riches most people assume as expenditure rises almost to the same rate as income rises. If we are paying the likes of Campbell and Bellamy 30k in the championship, I dread to think what our wage bill will be like in the prem.

It's certainly not a safe module to go about things, if we get relegated next year which we will be amongst the favourites to do that - we could be in the worst position this club has ever been in, yet people seem happy just to get the one season of prem football?

WE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roath Magic i presume?

Do f**k off and worry about your own Club

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 am

Pigeon banned

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 am

About time

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 am

It says in the (op) that the transfer fee was the shrewd part of the business. The wage was speculation based on the players previous wage.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

toshacks_1_tales wrote:It says in the (op) that the transfer fee was the shrewd part of the business. The wage was speculation based on the players previous wage.

They are linked. Even Signing someone for free isn't shrewd if you are paying them an amount that the club cannot sustain without loans. Let alone 600k and a £5m contract.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

Charmedimsure wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:It says in the (op) that the transfer fee was the shrewd part of the business. The wage was speculation based on the players previous wage.

They are linked. Even Signing someone for free isn't shrewd if you are paying them an amount that the club cannot sustain without loans. Let alone 600k and a £5m contract.

hmm i wonder who you could be? :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Charmedimsure wrote:

Someone talking sense

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:46 am

And if we stay up? :wave:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

"If" is exactly the word. Gambling the future of the club, it's madness. We will be one of the favourites to go down next year, meaning the most likely outcome is relegation. So people are happy to support the regime that kills e club more likely than not. It's crazy.

But to answer your question, if we stay up we lose around £10 million a year instead of £25million. Same outcome in the end,.
Last edited by Charmedimsure on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

Charmedimsure wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Charmedimsure wrote:

Someone talking sense

yes i am, thanks for noticing.

although you do make it really obvious by being a new member posting in a thread you created under another one of your thousand previous names. stupid troll.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

maybe just dont accept any new members for a while, this forum has plenty enough.....i guess the tw*t is easy enough to spot and it sounds like the net is closing in. :o

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

Charmedimsure wrote:If is exactly the word. Gambling the future of the club, it's madness.

But to answer your question, if we stay up we lose around £10 million a year instead of £25million. Same outcome in the end,.

Since when has football been a sensible business :lol: :wave:

goats wrote:maybe just dont accept any new members for a while, this forum has plenty enough.....i guess the tw*t is easy enough to spot and it sounds like the net is closing in. :o

So you don't want to accept new members because you don't like someone's opinion? That's shocking,

You are very sad.... Roath magic, or what ever your new name is, please take your negative, opinionated views and go and speak your lingo on Planet Swans....

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 am

rb1976 wrote:
Charmedimsure wrote:If is exactly the word. Gambling the future of the club, it's madness.

An awful attitude to take over a club you are supposed to love.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am

Charmedimsure wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

An awful attitude to take over a club you are supposed to love.

Its an opionion not my attitude. Here this is why I think football is not a sensible business :wave:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... 11-profits