Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone been on a cruise?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 pm

me and few lads arent interested in the typical half dead in malaga holiday, and are looking at saving up and going on a cruise for next year.....anyone got any advice ? which company to go with? how long to go, and destinations please

Re: anyone been on a cruise?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 am

I have been on 3 to the caribbean great for couples but not for lads trip.they ar great if want relaxation with bit adventure but will be boreing for you! I went with p& o
They were great. Oh forgot try stellois and hiseasy jet cruise bit like club 18/30 that will suite you. Ok?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

cheers mate we're not really looking for the typical teenage drunken party holiday, we just want something different. was thinking of a cruise to and around the greek isles. whats it like over in the carribean ? i seen they where quite expensive see and was unsure if its worth looking at

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 am

bluebird04 wrote:cheers mate we're not really looking for the typical teenage drunken party holiday, we just want something different. was thinking of a cruise to and around the greek isles. whats it like over in the carribean ? i seen they where quite expensive see and was unsure if its worth looking at

Years ago went on a Gulett cruise with mastheads had a great time the boat can take up to 12 and 3 Crew We stopped off most nights along the Turkish coast. And ranks as one of my favorite holidays I think you can do something similar in Greece as well

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 am

The misses and I have been on a few. We go with P&O and there first class, however there are not that many youngsters on them giving it large (as you say)

Your best bet is to go to Thomas Cook and see if they do a designed cruise for say 18 to 30?

Hope this helps?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 am

cheers lads, tbh im not into the whole, 22 years olds getting drunk stupid....im more into the whole, relaxed enviroment holiday...soo any cruise really, whats the ladies like in barbados mate.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm

I went on a Norwegien cruise with the wife,very relaxing,not for a group of blokes though, im knocking on and i was the youngest by about 20 years.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Carabean ones ar best about 1200£ for 14 nights water fantatic along with weather. Start around nov to end march. med ones never appeal to me. Use p& o as trade in £s beer at pub prices food fantastic. Cannot fault it. If want chill out tme with some activities they are great. Did panama canal last time usually stop every day from 8 til 5. Occasional 2 days at sea. Pm me if want more info as lots of points to discuss.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Try Royal Carabbean, Independence of the Seas or the like, they have things like a flow-rider, climbing wall, ice rink. They do do the Greek Isles, which is a great trip. Suggest a trip to the travel agents and enquire.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Yes I've been on 5 cruises all with Royal Caribbean around the Caribbean and the med(if you just want to relax go to the Caribbean , f you like your city sightseeing then go for the Mediterranean ,highly recommend if you can go on the larger ships as they have the flow rider where you can surf. They have a 2 floor nightclub 10+ bars ,ice rink, theatre ,sports deck with mini golf , football, basketball etc

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm

For groups of people Carnival Cruise Line is best and is known as the party cruise line. For old fuddy duddies like me Holland and America, Princess and PO are fine but not suited for groups of lads or lasses as they are quite boring. Royal Caribean is more family orientated. So if you want to go on the lash Carnival is your bets option.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:48 pm

cheers lads treally appriciate it