Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

serious question re: Sam and Tan

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 pm

I hated Sam for lying to us. I wont deny it, i felt betrayed by the "when i leave the debt
leaves with me" stuff.. fell for it hook line and sinker. And the Hight Court, he could have
seen Cardiff City go to the wall!! But have I forgiven him? Kind of, yes!...

why? because History will show that it was that daft old bugger that galvanised
the Club and the fans and got us rolling :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So Why is it some can forgive Sam for all his sins, but cannot forgive Tan for the kit change
given that he has actually put £100m into this Club?

I really find it infantile when supporters will say "well done Malky" but make a point of saying
"I will never thank Tan"

...Then go patting Sam on the back

Nothing wrong with patting Sam on the back, having a drink with him, appreciating him. He
did a LOT of good here

But PLEASE dont then go all high and mighty about how Tan has shit on Cardiff City and you'll never
forgive him!!

Double standards fellers!!!

Re: serious question re: Sam and Tan

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm

I don't "thank" Hammam. I don't know the ins and outs of his reign of the club as I was a lot younger and focused on the playing side of it all, but I know he fucked us up..

Don't like Tan for what he's done either.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Good post Taffy

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Double standards indeed but methinks SOME people have a need to have a 'focal point' of dislike in order to vent their (usually unrelated to football in reality) frustrations :lol:

Personally, I enjoyed the Sam years (in fact, I loved them) until it became clear he had lied to everyone concerned (including IMO those who still support/defend him today) but I cannot forgive or forget where he ALMOST led us :(

Vincent Tan, on the other hand, has done exactly what he said he would do. He sorted out the club out and has taken forward beyond the dreams of most sane people in the last two years, so AT THIS STAGE doesn't deserve even half the crap SOME have dished out to him :roll: