Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£1million pound striker

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 pm

If City took Darren Bent on loan until the end of the season and paid his wages in full until the end of the season, it would cost us about £1 million pound in wages.

Worth a serious enquiry surely.

Re: £1million pound striker

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 pm

If Earnshaw leaves and Etien went on loan.. I would consider a another striker.. Sordell is going to be the man.. Malky has serious intrest.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 am

bit of a waste of money considering we are going to go up anyway

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 am

I'm more than happy with our strikers now Campbell has arrived, despite the crazy wages we are paying for Campbell. I don't want us to add an extra million to our ever increasing debt either! I just pray we go up this season as only the 60 million TV revenue from the Premiership, plus the security of 3 seasons of parachute payments if we get relegated from the Premiership will keep our club afloat, with Premiership survival being a huge bonus financially as well.

We just need to look at the effect relegation from the Premiership has had on Birmingham. Their first season in the Premiership they came 9th, then the next season they win the Carling Cup but get relegated. European football last season must have helped them a great deal financially, but this season they have now put everyone up for sale! I pray to god that if we get to the Premiership, we don't pay ridiculous wages for players, as it's the wages that kill clubs. Zigic on 60k a week hasn't helped Birmingham in the slightest!