Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Colour Change of Seats etc at CCS?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Debate surrouding the re-brand has been upped a notch since Saturday following the teams/clubs decision to wear black and not blue.

Whilst the kits etc has had a lot of attention, the potential 'issue' of a seat colour change from blue to red in CCS hasn't been discussed as often - what does everyone think about this as a possibility? What reaction would it be met with? Is the appetite for this growing within the club?

The longer we play in red and the more comfortable some supporters are becoming with the whole situation, the more I can see this happening. For me this would be much more drastic a change than anything Tan has done with the badge or shirt colour, mainly because I'm holding onto the fact that our next set of owners (however far down the line) would listen to the fans and return to the blue and old badge if of course that is what the majority want, however changing the colour of a stadiums' seats + whatever else is a different story.

I dont think I'm the only one who feels like all this red etc business is taking the gloss off our league position - don't get me wrong I'll be renewing my season ticket and I'm luving the football and togetherness we got as fans with the team/manager but it's all slightly tainted.

Sorry to be negative, just a bit concerned on the extent of Tan's objectives. Will always support Cardiff City though, and proud to be a Bluebird :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah:

Re: Colour Change of Seats etc at CCS?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm

If we expanded, I think they'd be red seats, but leave the blue seats. Hopefully not making it look a half hearted job.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

it only makes sense for the team to play in a red stadium if they're wearing red tops, no brainer!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm

It's been done to death just like all the other aspects of the rebrand.

It's bums on seats that matter, not the colour of the plastic.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 pm

They should of done it at the start of the season all or nothing I say

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:it only makes sense for the team to play in a red stadium if they're wearing red tops, no brainer!

Yep its going to happen at some stage obviously.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Will be changed at some point in the future.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I'd prefer if they came with a cushion and arms . :thumbright:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm

I have my wooden seat from Ninian Park, I didn't think the opportunity to buy another seat would come around so soon.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Wayne S wrote:I have my wooden seat from Ninian Park, I didn't think the opportunity to buy another seat would come around so soon.

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Probably why the club are so for the safe standing arguement .
That would give them the perfect oportunity to change huge sections to red , thats when i think it will happen probably not next year the year after . :cry:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:Probably why the club are so for the safe standing arguement .
That would give them the perfect oportunity to change huge sections to red , thats when i think it will happen probably not next year the year after . :cry:

if they change the seats to red but introduce the safe standing style seats then that would be the best option for them so they limit the amount of backlash from fans!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

if they change the seats to red but introduce the safe standing style seats then that would be the best option for them so they limit the amount of backlash from fans!

Exactly what will happen i think wont do it before there allowed safe standing would be stupid

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Personally, I think we will be back in the blue one day. I'm sure those involved with the club think it would be a waste of time and money changing all the seats to red.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:57 pm

thomasblue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Exactly what will happen i think wont do it before there allowed safe standing would be stupid

it would be pointless to rip the seats out, put red ones in and then rip them out again once the safe standing sections have been approved! they'll wait til then imo

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm

What cost would you put to a full seat change?

Even putting a guesstimate as low as £20 per new seat, £5 labour for removal and refit.....thats over the £500,000 mark!

Is it now just a case of add it onto the already massive tab? Seems like crazy money to me.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm

BlueMac wrote:What cost would you put to a full seat change?

Even putting a guesstimate as low as £20 per new seat, £5 labour for removal and refit.....thats over the £500,000 mark!

Is it now just a case of add it onto the already massive tab? Seems like crazy money to me.

What is 500,000 to our Billionaire? Pocket money!!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 am

BlueMac wrote:What cost would you put to a full seat change?

Thats a drop in the ocean, when you compare it other costs, like player wages! That sought of cash '£500k' will get you a decent premiership player for 10 weeks wages! Kind of puts things in perspective.
I don't thunk any seats will be changed next season, but should we stay up and expand, then the whole stadium will change to red- unfortunately!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:57 pm

They actually dont need to rip seats out if there adding safe standing , they can just put barriers behind seats that they want to use as standing areas . Technically all the safe standing designs are exactly that , just a seat incorporated under a barrier which would be easier and cheaper to just add the barrier rather than change it all .

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Will be a sad day if and when it happens. Lots of fans dont care "premiership" vive le revolution and good luck to them. But personally I will hate it.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I was thinking the same. That's exactly why the club are so for the safe standing.

But if seating colour was to change, I would prefer if we took a leaf out of Allianz arenas' book and have grey seats. It would be non partial to either colour, with lettering either in blue or red depending on what colour we play in in the future.

The cost would obviously be lower that going to red and back to blue.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Personally,I don't like the seats being overwhelmingly one colour,I think they make the stadium look like a flat-pack
mass produced article that has no soul or personality.
I wouldn't mind if the stadium had different coloured seats for the different price zones.
Just saying like.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

The only blue seats you'll see are the empty ones!

Fill the stadium = no empty seats = more wonga!

If we get promoted, I can't see there being an empty seat tbh, even if the extra 8k went in this season (this is not the liberty!) ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

clambake wrote:Personally,I don't like the seats being overwhelmingly one colour,I think they make the stadium look like a flat-pack
mass produced article that has no soul or personality.
I wouldn't mind if the stadium had different coloured seats for the different price zones.
Just saying like.

I agree with this. Would add a bit more character to our stadium

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Wouldn't mind black seats with CCFC in red. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm

If it came to it I would rather we had a mix of red and blue. As Merlin said if the stadium is full your not going to see the red. It would be nice if everyone wore Blue to the games so all you would see is a Sea of Blue

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Wouldn't mind black seats with CCFC in red. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That would look horrible.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Wouldn't mind black seats with CCFC in red. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That would look horrible.

:D