Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

kit question ?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 pm

After reading simon lims response on why we wore black instead of blue ( because it looks dynamic) i was just wondering !

I know 90% of fans prefer the blue because it is our historical colour BUT

IF THEY CHANGED US TO SAY AN ALL BLACK STRIP AT HOME SHIRTS , SHORTS AND SOCKS WHICH I DONT BELIEVE ANY OTHER TEAM IN ENGLAND PLAYS IN ? MIGHT BE WRONG , OR ANOTHER RANDOM COLOUR NOT WIDELY USED IN BRITISH FOOTBALL AND TRIED TO MAKE A WHOLE NEW IDENTITY FOR THE CLUB WITHOUT COPYING OTHER KITS OR LOOKING LIKE OTHER CLUBS , WOULD IT HAVE BEEN MORE EXCEPTABLE TO FANS . (IE new zealand the all blacks in rugby ) ???

Just a question not an arguement !

Re: kit question ?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm

thomasblue wrote:After reading simon lims response on why we wore black instead of blue ( because it looks dynamic) i was just wondering !

I know 90% of fans prefer the blue because it is our historical colour BUT

IF THEY CHANGED US TO SAY AN ALL BLACK STRIP AT HOME SHIRTS , SHORTS AND SOCKS WHICH I DONT BELIEVE ANY OTHER TEAM IN ENGLAND PLAYS IN ? MIGHT BE WRONG , OR ANOTHER RANDOM COLOUR NOT WIDELY USED IN BRITISH FOOTBALL AND TRIED TO MAKE A WHOLE NEW IDENTITY FOR THE CLUB WITHOUT COPYING OTHER KITS OR LOOKING LIKE OTHER CLUBS , WOULD IT HAVE BEEN MORE EXCEPTABLE TO FANS . (IE new zealand the all blacks in rugby ) ???

Just a question not an arguement !

I think the answers you will get will be the clue is in your User name! We want BLUE. We reluctantly have accepted red but for most of us older fans we will always want to see our team in Blue. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm

I am not a fan of the red shirt or new badge, but I must admit I thought the team looked good at Blackpool with black shirts and red shorts. 8-)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 pm

I know i said most fans want blue the question was would it be more exceptable if we had a new identity not used by any other club like all black seing as they seem to think it looks dynamic .
Personally i would rather us use the kit we wore at blackpool as our home kit over the red at least its different and anybody watching a game on tv would automatically recognise it as cardiff .