Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stadium Ownership

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

All this stadium ownership BS.

Swans fans dont care that we do not own our stadium, infact we are quite happy the Council own it for both the Swans & the Ospreys we are glad that we dont have this financial burden of paying a mortgage on a stadium. maybe you guys wish that Cardiff City Council had financed yours.

You also use the 'but the jacks screwed over local business by going into administration' but it was also exactly 10 years ago we were bottom of the whole Football League which is a remarkable rise and our success now is providing a boost for local business and the local economy. We nearly went down the pan same as alot of clubs but lucky we had the right people to pull us out of it.

I dont know details of how much your club owes for the stadium or what your current debt is but from what i here its massive, I hope you manage to get out of it oneday but until then you can stop bragging about owning your own stadium.

Being a sustainable football club is much more important than success on the pitch in my opinion. I would rather Swansea City be debtfree in the Championship than £135m in debt in the bottom half of the premiership. I would still support them no matter what division they played in.

I would suggest the only realistic way you guys are going to get out of debt is by getting promoted this year and staying in the PremierLeague for atleast 7 years which would be near impossible to maintain as you would need to make significant investment and get incredibly lucky with transfers like we have.

The rebranding is a joke its completely pointless, Tan is the closest thing to Venkys when it comes to lack of football knowledge. Lets be honest - 90% of the far east can barely afford a bowl of rice, the other 10% who can afford to buy football jerseys are Man Utd supporters.

Cardiff have done extremely well so far this season, grinding out victories by the odd goal in what is no doubt a weaker Championship this year as teams you would expect to challenge such as Wolves, Blackburn etc have not turned up for the race. However, you could still get sucked back into the playoffs although very unlikely.

Same goes for the Premier League, we are safe this year for sure but could easily get relegated next year just as easily as you guys could.

Getting promoted this year will far from solve all of your financial problems, its just a neccessity and the beginning of a long journey.

Re: Stadium Ownership

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Like the name, catchy

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

"Nice to Michu" makes me cringe, what are you 12? I see it all over Twitter, possibly the cringiest thing ever.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Yawn

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm

You mean even more cringy than "Cardiff City - the real life Harchester United" ????

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm

On behalf of the whole message board may I thank you for your input.

We are all glad you made the effort to seek out another clubs website and have your say. May I wish you a good journey back to your own clubs site.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Well done Wayne, I like to read all football clubs message boards as do most fans. Any intelligent input ??

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 pm

debt free by going into administration twice! don't preach to us about you being money saving experts!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm

nicetomichu wrote:All this stadium ownership BS.

Swans fans dont care that we do not own our stadium, infact we are quite happy the Council own it for both the Swans & the Ospreys we are glad that we dont have this financial burden of paying a mortgage on a stadium. maybe you guys wish that Cardiff City Council had financed yours.

You also use the 'but the jacks screwed over local business by going into administration' but it was also exactly 10 years ago we were bottom of the whole Football League which is a remarkable rise and our success now is providing a boost for local business and the local economy. We nearly went down the pan same as alot of clubs but lucky we had the right people to pull us out of it.

I dont know details of how much your club owes for the stadium or what your current debt is but from what i here its massive, I hope you manage to get out of it oneday but until then you can stop bragging about owning your own stadium.

Being a sustainable football club is much more important than success on the pitch in my opinion. I would rather Swansea City be debtfree in the Championship than £135m in debt in the bottom half of the premiership. I would still support them no matter what division they played in.

I would suggest the only realistic way you guys are going to get out of debt is by getting promoted this year and staying in the PremierLeague for atleast 7 years which would be near impossible to maintain as you would need to make significant investment and get incredibly lucky with transfers like we have.

The rebranding is a joke its completely pointless, Tan is the closest thing to Venkys when it comes to lack of football knowledge. Lets be honest - 90% of the far east can barely afford a bowl of rice, the other 10% who can afford to buy football jerseys are Man Utd supporters.

Cardiff have done extremely well so far this season, grinding out victories by the odd goal in what is no doubt a weaker Championship this year as teams you would expect to challenge such as Wolves, Blackburn etc have not turned up for the race. However, you could still get sucked back into the playoffs although very unlikely.

Same goes for the Premier League, we are safe this year for sure but could easily get relegated next year just as easily as you guys could.

Getting promoted this year will far from solve all of your financial problems, its just a neccessity and the beginning of a long journey.

since when have you been debt free you lost 8million in your last set off accounts and before christmas had to go to the banks to lend more money cause you ran out of cash ,i wouldnt be so smug ,at least we got an asset of 60 million in the stadium to off set any debts with only around 5 million owed on the stadium to pmg ,you owe money for rent on your to the council without a cash injection you could be fucked and forced to sell your best players just to survive ,see you next season :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Oh so you want to remortgage your stadium??? Oh yes that will solve the debt problem. £8m loss yes but you dont have to be a genius to know we are well into the black right now

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Shouldn't you be out with Angel Rangel helping the homeless in your impoverished backwater location.

It made the national BBC headlines on the weekend so the whole of Britain now knows what your really like. Great on the pitch. Total embarrassment off it. Obsessed, inferior underclass. No shame.

Be a good lad, finish your homework and run along to help your friends out.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Does anyone have any views on the opening post? It's hard to argue with an article so pure and correct I am sure you all agree. It was made with no offence intended but all I have recieved so far is insult after insult. Maybe I should have tried CCMB for more intelligent debate.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Not too many bites here...try CCMB...please. ;)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Sad thing is the 12 year old spent his snow day off writing that.

Do you really think a self made multi millionaire with no emotional connection to the club has lent us £135 million when its total assets are worth about £15 ~ £25 million ?

The stadium and attendance is brought up as a reminder that although you have reached and maintained premier league status you are still small fry.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

nicetomichu wrote:Any intelligent input ??

No sorry, I think you have summed it up nicely, you can make your way back to your clubs board knowing you have sorted our club out. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

nicetomichu wrote:Does anyone have any views on the opening post? It's hard to argue with an article so pure and correct I am sure you all agree. It was made with no offence intended but all I have recieved so far is insult after insult. Maybe I should have tried CCMB for more intelligent debate.

mmmmm would have helped if you knew facts about our ownership of stadium! we owe some money on stadium that will be payed off in about 18 months common knowledge for most on here! so sorry you had better try ccmb may get better luck with responses byeeeeeeeeee :malky: :malky: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Unfortunately, this is how they bring their kids up. And they wonder why they've been called The Gypos for decades. And if this little backwater herbert is anything to go by, they'll be called it for many decades to come. Still cannot believe that they made the national BBC news when one of their team felt he had to feed their homeless. And afteron top of the recent BBC three part documentary on Swansea's homeless problem - yes, THREE episodes. Obsessed. Inferior underclass. And now the whole of Britain understands just what their like. Great on the pitch. Embarrassment off it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:59 pm

would rather pay a mortgage payment than pay rent

a right doesnt exactly correct a wrong you still screwed local business back in the day

most clubs have debts and we have owners who say it is under control and havent done anything financially to make me think otherwise

as a businessman you have a point as fan I want my club to do as well as possible, ill let the board worry about money ill just enjoy watching football

Every club is different and how the Malaysians deal with their finances are their business and might just surprise you

the re brand though not the best idea in the world, you cant compare them to the Venkys not many owner goes to clubs promising Champions League football and delivering Championship football

Winning 1-0 or 10-0 doesnt make a difference it will only deliver 3 points. As for a weak league im glad you Jacks are coming up with excuses as to how we got promoted only gives me confidence that we will be, you can only beat who is in front of you and instead of being weak I would say its has been very unpredictable this year. Yes could end up in the play-offs but in till we are mathematically there anything could happen

Newcastle qualified for Europe last year and are now in a relegation battle, lets try not to preach to the already converted we know how football works thank you very much.

Getting promoted wont solve everything but it will help. Swansea are not concrete premiership team yet your close but not there yet so just a few years into your long journey.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm

f**k off you pikey jack plank...we are not interested in your council owned shithole of a stadium....go upstairs and shag your sister again if your bored,don't come on here talking bollox...or better still go play with the trafic

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 pm

nicetomichu wrote:You mean even more cringy than "Cardiff City - the real life Harchester United" ????

Use the quote button you absolute moron. Bet you're the same person behind these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JNJWccyDwQ

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

since when have you been debt free you lost 8million in your last set off accounts and before christmas had to go to the banks to lend more money cause you ran out of cash ,i wouldnt be so smug ,at least we got an asset of 60 million in the stadium to off set any debts with only around 5 million owed on the stadium to pmg ,you owe money for rent on your to the council without a cash injection you could be fucked and forced to sell your best players just to survive ,see you next season :lol:

This 8 million lose we made I take it that was before the 14, 000, 000 profit we made after tax based on last season's income. Which doesn't include the 20m we got for joe and scotty. Just thought I would help you out. The 8 m loss was because of bonuses and increase wage bill pre pl income.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

I know lets upgrade the councils ground by given them the money to do so. :thumbup:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

jackf wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

This 8 million lose we made I take it that was before the 14, 000, 000 profit we made after tax based on last season's income. Which doesn't include the 20m we got for joe and scotty. Just thought I would help you out. The 8 m loss was because of bonuses and increase wage bill pre pl income.

you havnt recieved the money its in staged payment and thats why you ran out of cash before christmas was all over the papers/news have you paid your rent yet ???????????

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 pm

I didn't even bother reading it

He's another worried"blah blah blah"er

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

hmmmmm this jack is very worried that the biggest club in wales maybe in the same division next season hmmmmm :thumbup: :malky: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm

One benefit of the club owning the stadium is the vast amount of revenue you can get from it.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm

One benefit of not being from Swansea is not being backwards, poor & obsessed. Sorry, that's three benefits. There are however two main benefits of being a Swan:
1. Incapacity Benefit (falsely claimed of course).
2. Housing Benefit (falsely claimed of course).

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Agree with all of that

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

whats wrong with them? relentless interest in everything ccfc......bizarre. I cannot wait for VT t turn his debt to equity, it will be hilarious.....

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
jackf wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

you havnt recieved the money its in staged payment and thats why you ran out of cash before christmas was all over the papers/news have you paid your rent yet ???????????

We haven't received last years Pl money? Are you serious. Do you want to check our accounts upto the end of may 2012? Think about it before posting more rubbish. If we lost 8m last season how much will you lose in the pl with a bigger wage bill and bigger costs? As I said 14 n profit before the 20m for joe and scotty.