Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will TAN sell whitts

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Fulham and a few others are reported to be sniffing around, so will he stay or will he go to pastures new :?:
Do we need him :?:
Who would take his place if he went :?:
Would you feel angry if he went for his last chance of a big payday and moved on if he didnt want to stay :?:
I know MM wants him no matter what the bid but it would be out of his hands.
Lots of questions hmmm

:ayatollah:

Re: Will TAN sell whitts

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Ultimately it comes down to the player. If he doesn't want to go nobody can force him to sign.

I'd be stunned if he left.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Whitts is going nowhere. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

He signed a new deal with us not long ago, Malky has stated he will not sell Whitts or key players. We are not far away which could be history. He is settled here and he will finish his career here :ayatollah: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Simple answer... NO

Anyway, Fulham are in a relegation scrap, why would he leave for a few months??? we will be backed financially for players I believe in the summer, who wouldn't wanna be part of the CCFC dream!!

If I was a player like Whitts, Campbell, id jump at the chance to join up!!

Tan/TG/Malky - have just sold the club to an England International, Ok he aint Wayne Rooney but come on the guy had other possible clubs to join, but he is here and he is a bluebird. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only seems a few years ago we signed Leo!! Lets just enjoy it shall we.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:He signed a new deal with us not long ago, Malky has stated he will not sell Whitts or key players. We are not far away which could be history. He is settled here and he will finish his career here :ayatollah: :malky:

Thats what i would like to think but hes the same as any player theres no loyalty in football when it comes down to the rite money for club or player then they leave :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:He signed a new deal with us not long ago, Malky has stated he will not sell Whitts or key players. We are not far away which could be history. He is settled here and he will finish his career here :ayatollah: :malky:

Agree. He has no intention of leaving and why would he?
Chance of premier league football in a team that wants him playing every game.
Family settled here and appreciated by all at the club.

Outstanding servant to the club (as is Kev McN) and deserves to join in the celebrations of a possible promotion (after so many setbacks). He has worked for it and so should be here to enjoy the celebrations, and the part he has to play in moving the club forward.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm

He'd be mad to leave this window of all windows.

If he was going to leave I;m sure he'd have done it after Jonesy left. I'm sure that he's got a promotion bonus/wage rise in his contract and besides, we can match whatever wages Fulham would offer him.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Nothing surprises me anymore.

This would surprise me though. He seems happy and settle at Cardiff.

We don't need the money.

Some of it would go to ray ranson anyway.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm

No

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Fulham and a few others are reported to be sniffing around, so will he stay or will he go to pastures new :?:
Do we need him :?:
Who would take his place if he went :?:
Would you feel angry if he went for his last chance of a big payday and moved on if he didnt want to stay :?:
I know MM wants him no matter what the bid but it would be out of his hands.
Lots of questions hmmm

:ayatollah:

Whitts going nowhere, his form to improve in Feb :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I would be very, very surprised if Whittingham would even consider a move now.

He loves this club, is settled, and hopes to become a Premier League player again with City.

Imagine if Hudson were to get injured towards the end of the season. Who could be lifting that trophy as captain? Whittingham.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Absolutely not :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Whitts has always been Mr Sensible and shunned the bright lights - not a chance he'll be allowed to go either. He'll have a massive part to play from now until the end of season.

Maybe not playing like we know he can at the moment, but when he is on form, he is top class and scares the life out of other teams. Top player.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Thats what i would like to think but hes the same as any player theres no loyalty in football when it comes down to the rite money for club or player then they leave :ayatollah:

NAhhh Whitts is different!! Whitts loves Cardiff City, it's his dream to win promo with bluebirds :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 am

If he is sold i imagine there would be uproar but if he wants to leave then fair enough money talks no matter what we think as fans :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:10 am

whitts wont leave Cardiff.

Pete is very happy living in Cardiff and has not once mentioned leaving

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

Whitts has represented us in an FA Cup Final, Carling Cup Final, 2 other Wembley appearances and will represent us when we go up.

He will go down as a legend. (if he isn't already)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:31 pm

On my own on this one I think,but he's not good enough to play in the prem,he might influence one or two games if we get there,but for me he goes missing for large parts of the season,and the quality of midfielders in the premiership,he will just get found out

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm

hope he gets some of his old form back soon :malky: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:39 pm

andy2colours wrote:hope he gets some of his old form back soon :malky: :ayatollah:

I have to agree andy but alot of that form come when we was playing 4-5-1 away and of late we been going 4-4-2 away so hes not getting forward so much and no extra midfielder to cover him when he bombs forward or pass the ball to him to work his magic :ayatollah: