Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fraizer Campbell - SAFC Fan Perpesctive

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi all, thought I'd give you a little opinion on your latest signing from a fan who has been watching him for 3 years (when he's not been injured!)

To start of I'd say that I think Campbell is a very good signing for you. I believe he is more than capable of scoring at Championship level and I think he is very cheap at £600k. If you are promoted to the Premier League I feel Campbell could score enough goals for a team that it is their first season and looking to stay up.

If any of you have had a look on any Sunderland forums you may have heard some negative things about Campbell and that he is rubbish etc. None of this is true. In my opinion Campbell has an excellent attitude and will always give 100% for the team.

The main concern you might have with the signing was the serious injury that kept him out for 15 months and that he hasn't performed well in terms of goals this season. I'm not sure if his injury is currently keeping him back a little but hopefully he can stay injury free. This season I feel Campbell isn't rated by O'Neill and doesn't fit into our system. In my opinion FC would be at his best when playing with another striker (I'm not sure what system you're using this season). And if Campbell scoring 1 in 15 this season concerns you then dont't let it as pretty much all of those appearences have been 5/10minute cameo appearences on the right wing which obviously isn't his strongest position.

Overall I do believe you have made a good signing.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Re: Fraizer Campbell - SAFC Fan Perpesctive

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Cheers for that.I think as soon as Malky thinks he ready he'll get an extended run in the side which is what he probably needs. And as for the negativity on your forums I'll bet we could outdo you there as we have some beauts of our own,
Last edited by Sneggyblubird on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 pm

cheers mate very helpful to get a Sunderland perspective - we generally play with 2 up top, though sometimes revert to 4-5-1.

He will get plenty of service from our midfield, which is attacking.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 pm

That goes along with what i've heard from a lot of other SAFC fans, we regularly play with a target man alongside a more pacy striker (Helguson-Bellamy etc.) so sounds like FC fits into that perfectly. Thanks for the info, good luck for the rest of the season :D

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Cheers, glad Malky got his man. Always liked FC to watch for his commitment, so hopefully he can be a success.

Always liked Sunderland too, Boro too annoying, Newcastle too self involved, Sunderland more relaxed. Plus they have Fletcher who I've always rated.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for the info. Could be a very good signing, if injury problems are behind him.

2nd top team scorers in the division, and not one player in the top 20 or so of individual scorers. So an out right goal scorer is excellent news.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and it looks like you will finish above Newcastle, so could be a good season for you as well. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for all the replies :)

RFMH wrote:Cheers, glad Malky got his man. Always liked FC to watch for his commitment, so hopefully he can be a success.

Always liked Sunderland too, Boro too annoying, Newcastle too self involved, Sunderland more relaxed. Plus they have Fletcher who I've always rated.

Love this :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:43 pm

SAFC wrote:Hi all, thought I'd give you a little opinion on your latest signing from a fan who has been watching him for 3 years (when he's not been injured!)

To start of I'd say that I think Campbell is a very good signing for you. I believe he is more than capable of scoring at Championship level and I think he is very cheap at £600k. If you are promoted to the Premier League I feel Campbell could score enough goals for a team that it is their first season and looking to stay up.

If any of you have had a look on any Sunderland forums you may have heard some negative things about Campbell and that he is rubbish etc. None of this is true. In my opinion Campbell has an excellent attitude and will always give 100% for the team.

The main concern you might have with the signing was the serious injury that kept him out for 15 months and that he hasn't performed well in terms of goals this season. I'm not sure if his injury is currently keeping him back a little but hopefully he can stay injury free. This season I feel Campbell isn't rated by O'Neill and doesn't fit into our system. In my opinion FC would be at his best when playing with another striker (I'm not sure what system you're using this season). And if Campbell scoring 1 in 15 this season concerns you then dont't let it as pretty much all of those appearences have been 5/10minute cameo appearences on the right wing which obviously isn't his strongest position.

Thanks for the write up, appreciate you taking the time.

Can he play in a 4-5-1 at all, cos this (i believe) is what we are currently missing?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Just received this message on FB

From
Steven David Gateshill
Your team have got a real bargain for that money for player of frasers ability! You will soon see how good he is. Not just scoring goals, his work rate is second to none. Always got a smile on his face and natural finisher. Trust me- you got a diamond there, gutted he has moved on but glad he's gone to you a similar club to ours.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
SAFC wrote:Hi all, thought I'd give you a little opinion on your latest signing from a fan who has been watching him for 3 years (when he's not been injured!)

Can he play in a 4-5-1 at all, cos this (i believe) is what we are currently missing?[/quote]

I personally don't think he would be suited to a 4-5-1. He played well for us in a 442 when he was upfront with B£nt in his first season. As another poster has said he would probably suit playing alongside a stronger target-man type of player. He hasn't been given a chance upfront this season as Fletcher, Wickham and even Saha have been put ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

....and my Bessie mates are Sunderland fans. I must remember to thank them :)

Middlesbrough fans are just scummy, Newcastle are just arrogant without anything to back it up.

Hope Sunderland have a great run for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the insight into our recent investment !!!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Keli wrote:....and my Bessie mates are Sunderland fans. I must remember to thank them :)

Middlesbrough fans are just scummy, Newcastle are just arrogant without anything to back it up.

Hope Sunderland have a great run for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the insight into our recent investment !!!

Glad to see its not just SAFC fans who notice this :malky:

Cardiff and Newcaslte might be swapping divisions next season ;)

Bellamy should have a word with him about his knees. Seems to me Bellamy has a training program in place that could keep Fraizer fit.

SAFC wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Can he play in a 4-5-1 at all, cos this (i believe) is what we are currently missing?[/quote]

I personally don't think he would be suited to a 4-5-1. He played well for us in a 442 when he was upfront with B£nt in his first season. As another poster has said he would probably suit playing alongside a stronger target-man type of player. He hasn't been given a chance upfront this season as Fletcher, Wickham and even Saha have been put ahead of him in the pecking order.

ok thanks mate. Little bit disappointed he cant play up top alone but nevertheless i'm thrilled we've got such a player so cheap, I hope he can push us over the line and we'll see you next season. :ayatollah: :malky: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm

His He has quick as they are saying loves playing on the Last defender

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Looks like we're close to signing Danny Graham, I doubt he's popular with you lot ;)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

SAFC wrote:Looks like we're close to signing Danny Graham, I doubt he's popular with you lot ;)

There was talk we were interested before he got his form sorted out. I was very disappointed when he started scoring again :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

He'll be more popular with us when he joins you....

;)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Aramore wrote:
SAFC wrote:Looks like we're close to signing Danny Graham, I doubt he's popular with you lot ;)

There was talk we were interested before he got his form sorted out. I was very disappointed when he started scoring again :lol:

I'm not keen on the signing tbh. Average player and will probably stall Wickham's development, it doesn't bother me he supports Newcastle tbh.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Really excited by this signing, thank you! Mind if we copy your chant? :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 pm

SAFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:

I'm not keen on the signing tbh. Average player and will probably stall Wickham's development, it doesn't bother me he supports Newcastle tbh.

I've always thought he'd suit Norwich's system funnily enough, not seen as much of yours but I definitely remember thinking he signed for the wrong promoted club last year in terms of play style.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Aramore wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:

I've always thought he'd suit Norwich's system funnily enough, not seen as much of yours but I definitely remember thinking he signed for the wrong promoted club last year in terms of play style.

Agree with that, I also think Graham is similar to Fletcher (not as good obviously) ;)

By the way quite a nice forum this :malky: . I appreciate all the feedback and really hope Campbell does well for you lot, he deserves to after his 15month injury nightmare.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Really excited by this signing, thank you! Mind if we copy your chant? :lol: :ayatollah:

Fraizer Campbell will always score gooooooooaaaaaalls ;)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for posting, came to an away game at yours, flipping freezing :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

SAFC, thanks it's always great to have a decent fan from another team coming on with sensible posts, all the best this season mate, Sunderland to rise back p the table and Nescastle relegated would be funny :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Bluebina wrote:SAFC, thanks it's always great to have a decent fan from another team coming on with sensible posts, all the best this season mate, Sunderland to rise back p the table and Nescastle relegated would be funny :ayatollah:

Thanks mate. Good luck with promotion.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just received this message on FB

From
Steven David Gateshill
Your team have got a real bargain for that money for player of frasers ability! You will soon see how good he is. Not just scoring goals, his work rate is second to none. Always got a smile on his face and natural finisher. Trust me- you got a diamond there, gutted he has moved on but glad he's gone to you a similar club to ours.

The opposing Centre Halves will be f*cking gutted with him and Bellamy around :lol: :lol:

DONT PASS IT TO ME FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! THESE TWO ARE LIKE ANGRY WASPS
ALL OVER ME - HOOF IT SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY!!!"

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:30 pm

SAFC wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:Really excited by this signing, thank you! Mind if we copy your chant? :lol: :ayatollah:

Fraizer Campbell will always score gooooooooaaaaaalls ;)

Thanks for your views pal, much appreciated. On the injury situation, we all had reservations about Heider Helguson this season as his injury record was pretty poor and his age against him, however he has played pretty much every game and been outstanding, so sometimes it can be turned around. :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm

SAFC wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

The main concern you might have with the signing was the serious injury that kept him out for 15 months and that he hasn't performed well in terms of goals this season. I'm not sure if his injury is currently keeping him back a little but hopefully he can stay injury free. This season I feel Campbell isn't rated by O'Neill and doesn't fit into our system. In my opinion FC would be at his best when playing with another striker (I'm not sure what system you're using this season). And if Campbell
scoring 1 in 15 this season concerns you then dont't let it as pretty much all of those appearences have been 5/10minute cameo appearences on the right wing which obviously isn't his strongest position.

I personally don't think he would be suited to a 4-5-1. He played well for us in a 442 when he was upfront with B£nt in his first season. As another poster has said he would probably suit playing alongside a stronger target-man type of player. He
hasn't been given a chance upfront this season as Fletcher, Wickham and even Saha have been put ahead of him in the pecking order.

I guess we need a target man now :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks mate for submitting your prospective , Im confident he will do well at the City. and hopefully help us gain promotion as champions

Cheers