Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kev is about to sighn a pre contract at

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

My mate who is a Hibs fan has said Kevin mcnaughton has sighned a pre contract at hibs

Hope it is true because we are to good for mcnaughton as he has shone in resent weeks for e.g Peterborough :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Kev is about to sighn a pre contract at

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Hope not, he'd be a good cover player in the Prem and we're light in defence as it is

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 pm

I hope for our sake and Kev's sake that this isn't true.

He is far too good to be playing for Hibs imo.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

WE need better in the premiership half of our players will be moved on in the summer if we go up :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Dunno about that,if he can get a 2or 3yr deal out of Hibs then I for one would wish him well as he's been an excellent servant to this club.At this stage of his career whats best for super Kev counts but nomatter what happens he is a CCFC legend. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Dunno about that,if he can get a 2or 3yr deal out of Hibs then I for one would wish him well as he's been an excellent servant to this club.At this stage of his career whats best for super Kev counts but nomatter what happens he is a CCFC legend. :ayatollah:

completely agree - however often he passes it straight to the opposition he above any other current City player I feel has the vast majority of supporters wishing him well.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

i would love him to stay here :thumbup:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Don't know what wages McNuggets is on but Hibs operate on a very strict budget. Would be supprised if they could afford him as Petrie is a money hungry b*stard like.
They constantly lose players like Riordan,Brown,Thompson,Oconnor,Whittaker to name a few becuase they won't up their wage offer.

Plus 9/10 times the old firm come calling...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Hibs were also after Kenny Miller a few months ago.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Would love him to stay here until the summer and see what happens, I'd like him to stay for 1 more season.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Kev deserves to stay beyond this season especially if we go up, he has been through all the heartache we have suffered in the play offs and cup finals, even if as cover he would still be good enough to step in when needed.

Offer him a 2 year contract, he deserves it :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Would be gutted to lose Kev. A true gent and ccfc legend, but would understand if he did leave as regular football is so hard to come by these days at his age. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:47 am

If he does leave us I hope it's to another Championship club. I think he can still hold his own in this league. Even do a job for us until the end of the season. He should only consider the SPL at the very end of his career. :ayatollah: