Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL, FRAIZER CAMPBELL IS A DONE DEAL!!!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Just come if from work, Malky on SSN with Fraizer story on newsreel, great News on back of fantastic weekend result. :malky:

Malky says we are only really looking for defensive COVER now??

Does this mean we are not pursuing Brayford, Lees, Hunt etc and likely to be back in for someone like Lappin?

I doubt he would say IM LOOKING FOR A LEFT BACK TO GO STRAIGHT IN THE TEAM which is why he uses the word cover as not to upset the person who has the shirt at the moment incase he doesnt get anybody

Id say lappin is a definate after being released today

Re: CAMPBELL DEAL COMPLETE

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

I have it good authority, that he has only signed for a free holiday in Dubai, fecking free loader :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Another Happy Monday. :ayatollah:
Welcome to the Mad World of Cardiff City FC
:malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

CityGent wrote:He's received a fair bit of criticism from sections of Sunderland fans before and since the injury. "Too lazy" "a poor mans Bothroyd"are two i were given recently. If that's the case, then he's not going to get much game time but on my humble opinion if there's any one man to ignite a once promising career, it's Malky Mackay

Don't be surprised if he's pulled off another master stroke

Totally agree with you mate. I don't think he's had the rub of the green at Sunderland, he played for man utd, was excellent for hull and also went to spurs that proves the lad has quality and for 600k we have definitely got the potential bargain of the season (along with chris wood)
Hopefully he'll get a run of games under his belt and get a few early goals to boost his confidence. :malky: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:16 pm

I think the defensive "cover" will be Lappin to be honest. Free transfer too so if we got him and Fraizer in for £600k..... That would be a superb bit of business

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:19 pm

CityGent wrote:He's received a fair bit of criticism from sections of Sunderland fans before and since the injury. "Too lazy" "a poor mans Bothroyd"are two i were given recently. If that's the case, then he's not going to get much game time but on my humble opinion if there's any one man to ignite a once promising career, it's Malky Mackay

He certainly isn't lazy! He never stops running when he plays, a bit like a headless chicken at times.

I'd definately say FC is better than Bothroyd as Campbell is capable of playing in the Premier League in my opinion.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Just come if from work, Malky on SSN with Fraizer story on newsreel, great News on back of fantastic weekend result. :malky:

Malky says we are only really looking for defensive COVER now??

Does this mean we are not pursuing Brayford, Lees, Hunt etc and likely to be back in for someone like Lappin?

Not necessarily. I suspect anyone new at the back will have to wait for their chance, so they are technically cover :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm

SAFC wrote:

He certainly isn't lazy! He never stops running when he plays, a bit like a headless chicken at times.

I'd definately say FC is better than Bothroyd as Campbell is capable of playing in the Premier League in
my opinion.

Thanks for the insight and hopefully we will meet you in the Premiership next season :ayatollah: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

I live next door to a Sunderland fan and his view is we've got a bargain

Also plenty of Sunderland fans are not happy with the way O'Neill has treated him and aren't happy he's left

Welcome Campbell - here's to banging a few key goals in this season.....and in the Premier :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:CAMPBELL HAS SIGNED :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102586 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Welcome :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21071223