Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Witnesses to Blackpool incident.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi lads, I was the person who fell through the floor of the east stand on Saturday. If anyone has any photos of the area or who witnessed what happened please can you contact me with any relevant information. I'm contacting the HSE about the incident and am thinking of taking matters further. Any info you have I will be grateful for.
Cheers..
Uskblue.
Ps . Annis or Carl Is there any chance this can be made a sticky for a few days please. Thanks

Re: Witnesses to Blackpool incident.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Good luck fella, they will definitely have to review their safety certificate for that stand and you have a good case....I am sure some witnesses will come forward but in any rate the police have CCTV and that will support you.....better than the stand floor did lol

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 pm

My mate took a picture of it which I posted in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102872

Feel free to use this as evidence and I hope you get a nice compo payment from this. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:33 pm

uskblue wrote:Hi lads, I was the person who fell through the floor of the east stand on Saturday. If anyone has any photos of the area or who witnessed what happened please can you contact me with any relevant information. I'm contacting the HSE about the incident and am thinking of taking matters further. Any info you have I will be grateful for.
Cheers..
Uskblue.
Ps . Annis or Carl Is there any chance this can be made a sticky for a few days please. Thanks

Surely you must be feeling a lot of back pain now? get to the docs feller!!!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Uskblue,
Following on from my post under a different heading, after you left the area, they called the Police Video Officer up to where you were sitting and he shot video of the whole area.
Contact Blackpool Police, they will have the footage.

:ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

I have heard from a lad in Chesterfield that this has happened before at Blackpools ground so make further enquiries to strengthen any case you are preparing.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:42 pm

uskblue wrote:Hi lads, I was the person who fell through the floor of the east stand on Saturday. If anyone has any photos of the area or who witnessed what happened please can you contact me with any relevant information. I'm contacting the HSE about the incident and am thinking of taking matters further. Any info you have I will be grateful for.
Cheers..
Uskblue.

Howya mate hope all is ok, just a bit of advice. Be very careful what you post on hear regarding the incident, I have no doubt that if this is taken further then their insurance investigators will trawl through sites like this looking for any technicality to make any potetntial claim null and void.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

corky wrote:Good luck fella, they will definitely have to review their safety certificate for that stand and you have a good case....I am sure some witnesses will come forward but in any rate the police have CCTV and that will support you.....better than the stand floor did lol

Don't take this the wrong way as just looking at it from another angle and I don't know the full circumstances but if
there is CCTV I would say that could potentially go against him aswell. This, of course, all dependent on events leading up
to the floor going through.

What I mean is, if Blackpool have signs saying, for example, 'please be seated at all times' etc etc but there was persistant standing and then the floor went through following excessive or over exuberant celebrations ie, jumping up and down etc (which is of course, normal to me and you) I would imagine that would be in Blackpools favour should the lad take it further. I dont think
it will end up looking bad on Blackpool but they could swing it full circle and make our fans look bad.

Before anyone bites my head off :lol:, I'm on UskBlue's side but just saying what I think they will come at it from but Im sure UskBlue will get some good legal advice either way.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
corky wrote:Good luck fella, they will definitely have to review their safety certificate for that stand and you have a good case....I am sure some witnesses will come forward but in any rate the police have CCTV and that will support you.....better than the stand floor did lol

Don't take this the wrong way as just looking at it from another angle and I don't know the full circumstances but if
there is CCTV I would say that could potentially go against him aswell. This, of course, all dependent on events leading up
to the floor going through.

What I mean is, if Blackpool have signs saying, for example, 'please be seated at all times' etc etc but there was persistant standing and then the floor went through following excessive or over exuberant celebrations ie, jumping up and down etc (which is of course, normal to me and you) I would imagine that would be in Blackpools favour should the lad take it further. I dont think
it will end up looking bad on Blackpool but they could swing it full circle and make our fans look bad.

Before anyone bites my head off :lol:, I'm on UskBlue's side but just saying what I think they will come at it from but Im sure UskBlue will get some good legal advice either way.

to counter that,the stewards wouldnt have been doing their jobs, making sure everyone was sat...
or people infront of him were standing, so he couldnt see, and he had to stand...?

(Just trying to counter their arguement :) )

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Do you mind sending me your name in a pm or whatever please mate as my friend who fell down the hole whilst helping you has been to the doctor and spoken to the a claims company who said it would help to get your details aswell? I suppose you can help eachother out as witnesses too :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Some one gave very good advice earlier in that you should be very careful what you post here. In fact, I would get your OP and threads removed just in case.

1.You need to get to the doctors so all injuries/pain are recorded and treated.
2.Report the accident to Blackpool FC and ensure you get a response.
3.Photograph your injuries.
4.Make a daily diary of how any injury affects you and any loss of earnings/expenses you incur.
5.List damaged/lost items.

This is an accident that clearly should not have happened whether you were standing, sitting or jumping. The spectator area is simply not fit for purpose. A decent PI firm will have this easily sorted but make sure you record everything and get to the doc asap if you have not done so already. Also, check your insurance policies - you may have cover for representation which saves a bit more hassle.

Get your OP removed too, as if they can find something you've stated as a reason not to pay, it may make things more difficult to get a settlement quickly. Make sure you get evidence on the previous instances too - I find it unbelievable that its happened before. Complete disregard for the safety of away football fans. I hope you take the fuckers to the cleaners.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Some one gave very good advice earlier in that you should be very careful what you post here. In fact, I would get your OP and threads removed just in case.

1.You need to get to the doctors so all injuries/pain are recorded and treated.
2.Report the accident to Blackpool FC and ensure you get a response.
3.Photograph your injuries.
4.Make a daily diary of how any injury affects you and any loss of earnings/expenses you incur.
5.List damaged/lost items.

This is an accident that clearly should not have happened whether you were standing, sitting or jumping. The spectator area is simply not fit for purpose. A decent PI firm will have this easily sorted but make sure you record everything and get to the doc asap if you have not done so already. Also, check your insurance policies - you may have cover for representation which saves a bit more hassle.

Get your OP removed too, as if they can find something you've stated as a reason not to pay, it may make things more difficult to get a settlement quickly. Make sure you get evidence on the previous instances too - I find it unbelievable that its happened before. Complete disregard for the safety of away football fans. I hope you take the fuckers to the cleaners.

G

Good Post :ayatollah: :thumbup: :thumbup: