Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lets make the Leicester game a Bluebirds game

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 am

Lets make our home fixture against Leicester a Tribute and protest to the Bluebird. I think everyone should either wear something, bring a flag or just make a hand held banner with the famous Bluebird on it.
Apparently Tan is coming to this fixture (and we all know the rumours about losing the Bluebird next season), so we can put up some sort of fight for our world famous nickname and Identity.
The game is an evening fixture and Leicester will have a good following so there will be a great atmosphere, plenty Bluebird songs all night long.
What better way to protest than in the stadium supporting our team and showing Tan we want to keep the Bluebird because its our identity and heritage.

Re: Lets make the Leicester game a Blurbirds game

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 am

good idea but nobody will do it sadly

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

theclaw wrote:Lets make our home fixture against Leicester a Tribute and protest to the Bluebird.I think everyone should either wear something,bring a flag or just make a hand held banner with the famous Bluebird on it.
Apparently Tan is comming to this fixture (and we all know the rumours about losing the Bluebird next season),so we can put up some sort of fight for world famous nickname and Identity.
The game is an eveningt fixture and Leicester will have a good following so there will be a great atmosphere,plenty Bluebirds songs all night long.
What better way to protest than in the stadium supporting our team and showing Tan we want to keep the Bluebird because its our identity and heritage.

yeah well done arguably the toughest game of the season and you want to protest in the stadium

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am

Well you and me thats two for starters :ayatollah:
You never know perhaps Ali will join in :D :D :D

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 am

The Leicester game, if we avoid defeat, will possibly be the game that means not only will we be promoted but we will be going up as champions. How about we make it about that?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 am

I don't know about Leicester game being a BLUR game but Blackpool was for most of us, never seen so many drunks. :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 am

theclaw wrote:Lets make our home fixture against Leicester a Tribute and protest to the Bluebird.I think everyone should either wear something,bring a flag or just make a hand held banner with the famous Bluebird on it.
Apparently Tan is comming to this fixture (and we all know the rumours about losing the Bluebird next season),so we can put up some sort of fight for world famous nickname and Identity.
The game is an eveningt fixture and Leicester will have a good following so there will be a great atmosphere,plenty Bluebirds songs all night long.

While I agree we should protest over the re-brand, there is no logic in doing it at what could be arguably ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES IN OUR HISTORY. The fans should focus their energy on making the stadium a cauldron and become the 12th man.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

So let me get this straight.............If I bring a flag or anything with a bluebird on I am protesting?,The claw suggested it was a tribute to the bluebird not a protest..............Well done the Claw :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 am

If you mean chanting Bluebird related songs all game I will.

If it comes to meeting up somewhere then going outside the ground shouting and all that then defo not. It is embarassing.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am

DandoCCFC wrote:If you mean chanting Bluebird related songs all game I will.

If it comes to meeting up somewhere then going outside the ground shouting and all that then defo not. It is embarassing.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 am

I'm in, I usually wear a blue hoody anyway :ayatollah:
Nobody is saying we shouldn't be backing the players, chanting Bluebird songs is actually supporting the players. What some people will do to make a bad atmosphere :roll:

:ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 am

My views are well documented on the rebrand, however I don't feel it right to protest against the rebrand whilst the team play in one of the biggest home games of the season. Id rather aim positivity at the team.

I do like the idea of everyone wearing blue though.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 am

chanting bluebirds, wearing blue, waving blue flags, loads of bluebirds songs will not harm or effect the team! it will just create a better atmosphere with loads of songs being sung, which yes will probably help the team!

but if you start to chant abuse at tan, protest and shout outside the ground, and offensive banners being strung up then that's a no from me! that'll affect the team in a negative way!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:My views are well documented on the rebrand, however I don't feel it right to protest against the rebrand whilst the team play in one of the biggest home games of the season. Id rather aim positivity at the team.

I do like the idea of everyone wearing blue though.

I don't think it's much of a 'protest', like said earlier it's more of a tribute to the Bluebird. I think the OP was just calling for more people to wear blue and chant songs about The Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 am

Although I will say that chanting bluebirds woul be much better than singing crap about Joe Allen's dad being Savile and how much we hate Swansea.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm

People seem to have read it wrong,first of all I said nothing about the colour blue.Its all about the Bluebird.
No protests outside or anything negative,just showing Tan how much we like The Bluebird and what it means to us by wearing,flag flying and singing our hearts out.
And all of this while creating a bit of an atmosphere while supporting our team,Cardiff City The Bluebirds.

PS sorry about the bluRbirds in the original post :x

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Although I will say that chanting bluebirds woul be much better than singing crap about Joe Allen's dad being Savile and how much we hate Swansea.

Spot on. If its chanting about Bluebird or Blue then it would be brilliant, at least it feels like the fans are more together.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm

theclaw wrote:People seem to have read it wrong,first of all I said nothing about the colour blue.Its all about the Bluebird.
No protests outside or anything negative,just showing Tan how much we like The Bluebird and what it means to us by wearing,flag flying and singing our hearts out.
And all of this while creating a bit of an atmosphere while supporting our team,Cardiff City The Bluebirds.

PS sorry about the bluRbirds in the original post :x

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 pm

mr.angry wrote:So let me get this straight.............If I bring a flag or anything with a bluebird on I am protesting?,The claw suggested it was a tribute to the bluebird not a protest..............Well done the Claw :ayatollah:

You may care to read the post again. Here it is.

theclaw wrote:
Lets make our home fixture against Leicester a Tribute and protest to the Bluebird.I think everyone should either wear something,bring a flag or just make a hand held banner with the famous Bluebird on it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 pm

My only concern is that the game is an evening kick off in February - so everyone will be covered up!! Why not try to galavnise support for the same sort of idea but at a 3pm game in March - we might evenget some sun!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes you are right I was wrong about the wording,I just feel us fans need to show some support For the Bluebird. I don't want to protest just show support for the Bluebird and the team.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Will look a bit stupid that day seeing as leicester will more than likely be in blue .
We should be wearing blue ALL season if u want a protest not one game ive made sure ive worn a blue top everygame this year

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

It needs to start, and this is the game..... All we need to do is chant bluebirds, and other bluebird chants more than we have all season.

From tans point of view a few old school are having a hissy fit over the rebrand, not much else in the way of resistance. Let him hear it still means something, or does it only mean something to a few ?

This is by no means a protest, but lets show the world we want to be known as the bluebirds. Its a nick name, even if the current ownership do not want to use it, tough, because we will continue.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It needs to start, and this is the game..... All we need to do is chant bluebirds, and other bluebird chants more than we have all season.

From tans point of view a few old school are having a hissy fit over the rebrand, not much else in the way of resistance. Let him hear it still means something, or does it only mean something to a few ?

This is by no means a protest, but lets show the world we want to be known as the bluebirds. Its a nick name, even if the current ownership do not want to use it, tough, because we will continue.

:ayatollah:

Re: Lets make the Leicester game a Bluebirds game

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Why we protesting about the bluebird? I like it :old:

Always wear a bluebird anyway.