Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TWO HUNDRED GRAND A WEEK

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 am

Absolutely mental, and we may be part of the madness soon enough, and before anyone starts, i ain't got any answers, just an opinion that this is obscene.

Re: TWO HUNDRED GRAND A WEEK

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am

most of the players earning that sort of cash deserve it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 am

paulh_85 wrote:most of the players earning that sort of cash deserve it.

Explain ?

BigGwynram wrote:Absolutely mental, and we may be part of the madness soon enough, and before anyone starts, i ain't got any answers, just an opinion that this is obscene.

nobody should be eaning that amount a week,football is slowly choking itself,can u imagine if sky collapsed????????????/

NIBluebird wrote:

Explain ?

they are stars who make their clubs millions and millions of pounds, why wouldnt they be entitled to a sum of that?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am

It is obscene amounts of money.

Players aren't playing for that long career wise and have to have money to survive after their career. I'd also say that if any one of us was offered that sort of money for a job, we wouldn't turn it down, so why should the players?

It's the clubs that are crazy, agreeing to pay this silly money. No wonder the fans are being priced out of the game.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

£200,000 a week ?

theres one football whos earning £200,000k p/w basic salary. their on £200,000 appearence fee. £50,000 goal bonus.
signing on fee is over £5m.

thats just from their footballing contract, thats not what their earning via their sponsership deals, adverts, ect ect

and all the money is goes into their own "made up company" a advertisement company run by themselfs, so they pay basic tax.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

bluebird04 wrote:£200,000 a week ?

theres one football whos earning £200,000k p/w basic salary. their on £200,000 appearence fee. £50,000 goal bonus.

thats just from their footballing contract, thats not what their earning via their sponsership deals, adverts, ect ect

and all the money is goes into their own "made up company" a advertisement company run by themselfs, so they pay basic tax.

what a player makes off advertising and sponsorship shouldnt come into the equation really.

And are players realling earning 50k a goal and 200k per match? i bet its less than half that or barcelona would be broke! :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Explain ?

they are stars who make their clubs millions and millions of pounds, why wouldnt they be entitled to a sum of that?

It may be fair to say that some superstar players increase revenue streams significantly and earn the club extra income due to success, but the truthe is that their salaries actually result in clubs not making any profit, so the net result is most clubs still run at a loss, due to having to pay obscene salaries.

Income does not necessarily equal profit.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

it is rumoured Balotelli is on 200K + per week

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

**** me Gwyn that's good money for an Orthotist!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Although many players avoid hight taxes I read that Vincent Kompany of Manchester City stated on twitter that every City player is advised by the club to pay full taxes while they are hear as a good gesture to the fans. Most players pay huge taxes I imagine, think how much thats earning the country, they are paying for 4 nurses yearly salaries a week in tax some of them!

But that is a valid point, what if we all stopped buying sky? It would crumble in an instance.

:old: :old: :old:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:£200,000 a week ?

what a player makes off advertising and sponsorship shouldnt come into the equation really.

And are players realling earning 50k a goal and 200k per match? i bet its less than half that or barcelona would be broke! :lol:

samuel eto'o i believe it is pal. it was what they offered to convince him to leave the top europe leagues

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 pm

The salary is irrelevant, why would you pay tax if your can legitimately avoid it? Only a fool would.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

chewbarker wrote:The salary is irrelevant, why would you pay tax if your can legitimately avoid it? Only a fool would.

Tell that to Starbucks they look like a right bunch of C@@ts now. Their chief exec said they don't cook the books mind, they just put them in the microwave for 2 minutes and then take them out the wrapper! :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Although many players avoid hight taxes I read that Vincent Kompany of Manchester City stated on twitter that every City player is advised by the club to pay full taxes while they are hear as a good gesture to the fans. Most players pay huge taxes I imagine, think how much thats earning the country, they are paying for 4 nurses yearly salaries a week in tax some of them!

But that is a valid point, what if we all stopped buying sky? It would crumble in an instance.

:old: :old: :old:

As far as I'm awear players set-up their own companies and their pay is paid into those companies. That helps keep the taxes to a minimum especially if the companies are off-shore I guess.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 pm

With all their success, Man City posted a loss last year didn't they - £197m!!!

If they want to pay Ballotelli £200k a week, more fool them. I assume their owner has bankrolled it all and none of it is against the club (like some clubs I know!)

I remember some bloke on the telly saying that Beckham brought in something like 10% of Man Utd's revenue and they paid him 5%, so from a business point of view, it made sense - but that has gotta be the exception rather than the rule.

Players are the winners, but the clubs/fans lose out longer term.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tract.html

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 am

kicking a ball around for sheer entertainment 200k a week

Risking your life for your country in a warzone £400 a week

need we say more

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:kicking a ball around for sheer entertainment 200k a week

Risking your life for your country in a warzone £400 a week

need we say more

Football generates its own money they arent taking it away from anyone else. if football didnt exist soldiers would still be paid the same. What a soldier is on is irrelevant, a lumberjack is a more dangerous job than a soldier statistically yet nobody complains that they aren't on as much as a footballer.