Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We want it more

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 am

People have mentioned how we haven't set the world alight this season yet 10 points clear.

Is MM right in that he gets the right type of player and we simply want it more for that reason.

It's like masons goal V Brum, yes keeper spilt it but he was in on goal for the rebound because he wanted it more than the defenders. He has prob made that run 100 times and the keeper hasn't spilt it but mason kept going.

Kimbo v Blackpool he kept moving, pushing forward and got the rewards because of it.

Re: We want it more

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 am

Yes without a doubt. The ethos of this team is fantastic, comparing it to what we had under DJ if anything went wrong I never felt confident that we would turn it around. Under this team even if we concede we never give up looking for the goal.

Blackpool showed how much we wanted it as every player never stoped running till the final wistle.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 am

Having difficulty putting this in words.

We work hard, very hard so yes we want it more. However when we have gone slightly off the boil we have folded. Prime example being Palace and Charlton. Although we are 10 points clear it does seem like we are on a fine line.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Having difficulty putting this in words.

We work hard, very hard so yes we want it more. However when we have gone slightly off the boil we have folded. Prime example being Palace and Charlton. Although we are 10 points clear it does seem like we are on a fine line.

i also feel we are riding our luck sometimes and treading a fine line...but we are top of the league by 10 points and would have bitten your hand off if offered our position at the start of the season

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am

Personally, I thought we wanted it just as much last season, but unfortunately we didn't have the strength in depth, to be able to mount a concerted effort throughout 46 league games, plus our League Cup exertions!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 am

In know what you mean, but I think that just seems to be the championship.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 am

Weve won a lot of games by the odd goal and the last few minutes are still as nerve wracking as hell but weve got that solidness and will to win about us
Take the leicester/brum and blackpool games-3 good sides on their day but even though they attacked in numbers you had the feeling that we were too organised and focused to concede
its great to see the likes of conway/bellers and heider helguson always tracking back and never shirking their defensive duties
Every top side has their off days and charlton was a nightmare. West ham lost 5-1 at ipswich last season.QPR lost 2-0 at hiome to mid table watford the season before,hull lost 3-1 at home to sheff wed a couple of weeks ago.Its all about how you bounce back and weve done that after every set back this season

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am

neathbluebird wrote:

i also feel we are riding our luck sometimes and treading a fine line...but we are top of the league by 10 points and would have bitten your hand off if offered our position at the start of the season

As Gary Player almost said "the harder we work, the luckier we get".

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

I agree luke we do want it more this season but we also have better players with the same thinking :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am

The team are working just as hard as last season, if not harder because we're seeing a reward at the end of it this season. The difference has been that bit of extra quality to finish off the chances they work for.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I agree luke we do want it more this season but we also have better players with the same thinking :ayatollah:

Oh yes totally agree, the quality is vital but other teams like Leicester have quality but our edge IMO is the team ethic.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:People have mentioned how we haven't set the world alight this season yet 10 points clear.

Is MM right in that he gets the right type of player and we simply want it more for that reason.

It's like masons goal V Brum, yes keeper spilt it but he was in on goal for the rebound because he wanted it more than the defenders. He has prob made that run 100 times and the keeper hasn't spilt it but mason kept going.

Kimbo v Blackpool he kept moving, pushing forward and got the rewards because of it.

Good shout......how much did Kimbo want it against Blackpool, he reacted so quick left Mason for dead :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

We seem to have a "lets grind out this match" mentality given the quality we have, the managers work ethic, some luck and an inconsistent other 23 and we have got to where we are.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

This team reminds me alot of the United side from last year. The amount of times they won by 1 goal was unbelievable. We don't need to score many goals as we have a solid defence

Dj cambell

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Dont undetstand how people can keep saying we are lucky? Ffs we've been top since mid oct is that luck?
Regardless how we play cant be lucky that long!

Re: Dj cambell

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Dont undetstand how people can keep saying we are lucky? Ffs we've been top since mid oct is that luck?

You make your own luck

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Dont undetstand how people can keep saying we are lucky? Ffs we've been top since mid oct is that luck?

It's not the entirety of it, but luck plays a part

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

I know, it's utter nonsense.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:People have mentioned how we haven't set the world alight this season yet 10 points clear.

That's a great point I remember previous seasons thinking why the feck didn't we follow it up ????

It's the same from corners, when attacking and offending this season we have improved at either end, we just seem to want it more !!!

It really is such a simple game isn't it :malky:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

I agree. I'd also say the championship is very average this season, hence us running away with it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I agree. I'd also say the championship is very average this season, hence us running away with it.

That's said every year thought, I would say its as competitive as ever.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:I agree. I'd also say the championship is very average this season, hence us running away with it.

That's said every year thought, I would say its as competitive as ever.

I'd say more so Stoke got 79 points (they needed 76) to get ptomoted in 2008, that'd be 5 wins and a draw from our last 18 games.

Sure the relegated teams haven't done great but if you look at money spent and the infrastructure at all the clubs in the Championship it can't help but be more competitive.