Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are the worst things about the younger generations

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 pm

- Lack of respect for the older generations opinions, beliefs and values

- Lack of ability to handle their drink

- Constantly on their phones

- Lack of willingness to get stuck in and do any job available, I blame the loss of national service for this

- Chinos/spice boy/male grooming/ ear rings on blokes/fake tan - We had a name for blokes who behaved in this way

- Students who live the life of Rilley complaining about how hard their lives are

Any more? The dogs my generation kept behaved better than those under 25.

:old:

Re: What are the worst things about the younger generations

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Sounds like most of the people I know :lol:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:- Lack of respect for the older generations opinions, beliefs and values

- Lack of willingness to get stuck in and do any job available, I blame the loss of national service for this

- Chinos/spice boy/male grooming/ ear rings on blokes/fake tan - We had a name for blokes who behaved in this way

- Students who live the life of Rilley complaining about how hard their lives are

i guess the youth of today are only behaving in the manner they have been taught,no discipline in the home by parents=no discipline in life....simples,,and like any generation,not all are good and not all are bad :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:- Lack of respect for the older generations opinions, beliefs and values

wow :roll: :roll:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 pm

why oh why are you still carrying on with this persona? :sleepy2:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm

I don't think they're any different in behaviour to recent generations & certainly better behaved than kids from the 70's.Only thing i don't like is the crap music a lot are into, how the f**k do they buy into shit like Niki Minaj?

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm

I will answer everyone of those remarks, bearing in mind I am 21.

I do not disrespect the older generations opinions beliefs and values, but a lot of the older generations opinions, beliefs and values are extremely outdated. The younger generation don't always show respect because certain people in the older generation, yourself being a perfect example, do not show respect to us.

Really? I am not a huge drinker in terms of being out every weekend but that's because i don't like to piss away my money and I know my limits

Time is money these days, if I am not on the phone or at least do not have 1 on me my clients can't contact me.

Again really? I started working at 12 doing a paper round until I was 16 and started college and became a waiter and bar tender. I would do any laboring work i was offered, I have worked in inbound call centers, petrol stations, restaurants, shops, as an outbound salesman and worked my way up and gained experience and now starting my actual career as an insurance adviser. Don't tell me that I am unwilling to work, I did everything possible to stay off the dole until i found what i wanted to do.

Don't wear chinos, I am not a spice boy (and if you are the age you say you are how do you know what a spice boy is?), only grooming products you will find in my bathroom cupboard are deodorants, aftershaves, toothbrush and paste, shaving cream and a razor and hair wax. If you don't look smart you don't get anywhere these days.

I wasonly a student when i was 16/17 and i worked on the side so you would never see me complaining

We may have the few lazy people in our generation that will happily live off the dole, but we hate them as much as you. Before you tarnish every young person with the same brush, you need to think before you speak. Trust me, us younger generation don't think too kindly of certain people in the older generation with stinking attitudes towards us when a llot of those have done nothing wrong to upset, intimidate, offend them.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm

I personally hate anyone who owns a pair of f*cking converse trainers

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Kids pretending to be 60 odd, who pretend to detest students, spout random drivel and doesn't contribute much to this forum, however, does come up with some crackers. :old:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm

I respect the older generations. Better taste in music and better stories. These Bieber kids do my head in and its not real music yet they continue to play this tripe whenever I go for a pint in the pub.

Depends on the individual I suppose. Loads just drink alcopops and lager and thats it. I prefer scotch but you wont get many my age drinking it :lol: There are plenty of people I now who've almost had fits after a sip.

Annoying people which has led to a rule on social events. All phones in middle of table. First person to grab their phone to use it buys the next round.

I would do any job for any money or voluntary to gain experience.

Out of those only chinos I wear, the rest is a bit weird for a bloke to be doing.

Some students live a tough life, some live a tougher life. None really live in poverty though.

Music is my biggest gripe with my generation. My second gripe is the people who constantly need something just because its new and other people have it.

8-)

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm

There here oldman here f*cking here. The oldguard would be spinning in there graves at todays typical student supporter :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

obviously explaining the minority of younger people, but making it out that all of us are like that!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:02 pm

The parents are to blame. Fact. ;)

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 pm

AberValleyBluebird wrote:I will answer everyone of those remarks, bearing in mind I am 21.

I do not disrespect the older generations opinions beliefs and values, but a lot of the older generations opinions, beliefs and values are extremely outdated. The younger generation don't always show respect because certain people in the older generation, yourself being a perfect example, do not show respect to us.

Really? I am not a huge drinker in terms of being out every weekend but that's because i don't like to piss away my money and I know my limits

Time is money these days, if I am not on the phone or at least do not have 1 on me my clients can't contact me.

Again really? I started working at 12 doing a paper round until I was 16 and started college and became a waiter and bar tender. I would do any laboring work i was offered, I have worked in inbound call centers, petrol stations, restaurants, shops, as an outbound salesman and worked my way up and gained experience and now starting my actual career as an insurance adviser. Don't tell me that I am unwilling to work, I did everything possible to stay off the dole until i found what i wanted to do.

Don't wear chinos, I am not a spice boy (and if you are the age you say you are how do you know what a spice boy is?), only grooming products you will find in my bathroom cupboard are deodorants, aftershaves, toothbrush and paste, shaving cream and a razor and hair wax. If you don't look smart you don't get anywhere these days.

I wasonly a student when i was 16/17 and i worked on the side so you would never see me complaining

We may have the few lazy people in our generation that will happily live off the dole, but we hate them as much as you. Before you tarnish every young person with the same brush, you need to think before you speak. Trust me, us younger generation don't think too kindly of certain people in the older generation with stinking attitudes towards us when a llot of those have done nothing wrong to upset, intimidate, offend them.

:notworthy:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

AberValleyBluebird wrote:I will answer everyone of those remarks, bearing in mind I am 21.

pretty good reponses to be fair

an intelligent young person from caerphilly ,surely not ;)

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

One direction

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 pm

My boy thought he was a big boy, kept asking for a wkd for Xmas day, i said no you can either have a larger, bitter or a guinness, no alcopops, he went for the larger, big girl was wetting his lips with it :lol: not even a sip, told him to take one big gulp, fekr spat it out all over his xmas dinner.

Bring back national service for the one's that don't want to get a trade or college/uni, and bring back the cane in schools :D

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Best way to sum up our generation is 'sheep'. The new 'studenty type' is by far the worst kind of sheep mind. Trying to act more intelligent than most, bent radio 1 dj humour etc, thinking they are better and different to most others, without realising every other prick is acting the same way! Just be yourself u raging f*cking idiots! Hahahaha

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:One direction

:lol:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

know it all attitudes when it comes to music. In general, they dont know shit.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 pm

were all sounding quite bitter now arent we :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm

You all wish that you were our age again, that's all it is :D

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:40 pm

StockrA wrote:My boy thought he was a big boy, kept asking for a wkd for Xmas day, i said no you can either have a larger, bitter or a guinness, no alcopops, he went for the larger, big girl was wetting his lips with it :lol: not even a sip, told him to take one big gulp, fekr spat it out all over his xmas dinner.

Bring back national service for the one's that don't want to get a trade or college/uni, and bring back the cane in schools :D

You sure its a boy? :old:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:28 am

making fake accounts and pretending to be old :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 am

good responses young man! i`m from the "older" generation (52) and it pisses me off how some of my fellow oldies slag young people off-

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

I have no problem with the younger generation, they may have entitlement issues, but I'll take this set over the 30 somethings any day. :)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Just being born is way too much :twisted:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:- Chinos/spice boy/male grooming/ ear rings on blokes/fake tan - We had a name for blokes who behaved in this way

What was that name?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and assume that the younger generation aren't homophobic enough?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Shut up you old prick
Stop moaning you probably know all this from the sun do you?

Change the record mate

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am

I hope I don't grow up to be like some of you aye :lol:
For the record, yes I use my phone a lot (not down the City), I'm not too bad with my drink, not great either. Don't wear chinos, don't have a piercing, or use fake tan. I have a varied taste in music and I can't seem to get a job at the moment. But we're all the same, eh? ;)