Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Dawson from West Brom

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 am

West Brom refusing to sell to Swansea. They are also refusing to loan him out to a premier league club, but will allow him to spend a loan spell at a club in the championship.

So, here's the type of guy we should be looking to sign, a quality defender that Clarke hasn't given any playing time to since he took over there.

Itching for first team football, could he be a player that Malky is tracking :?:

Re: Craig Dawson from West Brom

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

Would be ideal on loan until the end of the season, good shout there! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 am

Were well covered at CH

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

i doubt we'll sign another defender on loan. We dont need one desperately. Malky will
buy a young, proven defender from this division I think. For the future!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Unless Turners alledged hamstring tear is serious and he's out for a while which is why he hasnt travelled?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:58 pm

good shout cant we go 2 for 1 and get dorrans also

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Were well covered at CH

Connolly, Hudson and Turner. Not much depth. Dawson would also be better in my opinion.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 pm

West Brom defender Craig Dawson has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan for three months.

Dawson becomes Dougie Freedman's second January signing with the Premier League side keen to send him out on loan to get more playing time.

He has been unable to dislodge Jonas Olsson and Gareth McAuley from their starting berths this season but Baggies boss Steve Clarke believes Dawson still has a big future ahead of him at The Hawthorns.

Freedman enquired about Dawson when he was in charge at Crystal Palace, and he said: "We have worked very hard on this one and he has had half a dozen teams to pick from.

"I'm very pleased he's coming to us, and not I would like to point out, for money reasons. The kid feels this is where he would like to better himself."

"I have been after Craig for a few months, to be honest. And it's paid off."

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:West Brom defender Craig Dawson has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan for three months.

Dawson becomes Dougie Freedman's second January signing with the Premier League side keen to send him out on loan to get more playing time.

He has been unable to dislodge Jonas Olsson and Gareth McAuley from their starting berths this season but Baggies boss Steve Clarke believes Dawson still has a big future ahead of him at The Hawthorns.

Freedman enquired about Dawson when he was in charge at Crystal Palace, and he said: "We have worked very hard on this one and he has had half a dozen teams to pick from.

"I'm very pleased he's coming to us, and not I would like to point out, for money reasons. The kid feels this is where he would like to better himself."

"I have been after Craig for a few months, to be honest. And it's paid off."

Good signing to be fair.