Ryan Giggs

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Fantastic tonight!

Sign him up Malky? :lol:

Re: Ryan Giggs

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fantastic tonight!

Sign him up Malky? :lol:

Best player on the pitch by a mile, but not good enough for us according to some :roll:

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Fantastic player.

Unreal he is playing for the best club in the UK and manages to get involved every season. Even one of the top clubs in the world.

He is playing more central due to not having the blister pace he once did but you leave him have enough time on the ball he splits open a defence with an easy killer ball.

I really hold my hands up to him and Scholes. They make the game look so easy and make even the top midfielders of the prem who are lot quicker look non existent in games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm

GIGGS would grace any pitch.....

STILL..

Put him in a Barca strip and watch him ping balls left right and centre...

BEST BRITISH PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:23 pm

.....as I read somewhere this week, pick him in your all time top fantasy team,......and he would drop out.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

such a proud Welshman,how many caps has he got in such a long career

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson expects "incredible" Ryan Giggs to extend his Manchester United career beyond his 40th birthday.

Giggs's current deal expires at the end of the season and he turns 40 on 23 November, Wednesday's FA Cup replay against West Ham was his 17th appearance already this term.

And after watching Giggs turn in an impressive display in a 1-0 win, Ferguson told MUTV: "He will play for another year.

"There are no discerning signs of tiredness or weakness in his game, his quality is still there and he has fantastic balance. He has the appetite for it and he is just an incredible human being."

Giggs - told about his manager's comments - said: "I don't feel like that now. I'm enjoying it more than ever at the moment, though.

"The FA Cup at Old Trafford... if you don't enjoy that you need to pack it in."

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm

jey wrote:such a proud Welshman,how many caps has he got in such a long career

Quite a few, 64 infact.

More than the likes of Paul Jones, Coleman, Yorath, Melville, Savage, Simon Davies, leighton James, Barry Horne, Pembridge, Earnshaw, Hartson

Surprisingly Bellamy only has 6 more caps.

Shame he didn't carry on playing for Wales tho.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 am

People slate Giggs getting under 50 for his age would be not commited.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 am

Some facts:

-Fergie has told Giggs that he will play every minute (fitness/ injury depending) of thier cup run

-Giggs is surplus to requirements (fitness/ injury depending) for United's league campaign

-If United lost last night and were out of the cup, Giggs would have left on loan

-Giggs would only have come to Cardiff City

-Giggs will now not leave this window as he will continue to play in the cup

-None of these are facts as I made them up

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am

Giggs has managed to continue playing so long because he didn't play for Wales so much. Legend of a player and would love to see him at his hometown club. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Quite a few, 64 infact.

More than the likes of Paul Jones, Coleman, Yorath, Melville, Savage, Simon Davies, leighton James, Barry Horne, Pembridge, Earnshaw, Hartson

how many years has he been playing for and he's got 64 caps

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm

jey wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Quite a few, 64 infact.

Playing as long as most of them hasn't he?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 am

:ayatollah:
2blue2handle wrote:
jey wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Quite a few, 64 infact.

Pembridge got 54... Had the pleasure of being with his dad tonight!
Playing as long as most of them hasn't he?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Of his 64 caps..how many good games did he have ?....he had a great many less than average games in the welsh shirt.

Only when he was made captain did we see him busting a gut.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 62339.html

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

i find this ryan giggs thing funny, is he even welsh, the story i heard many years ago, and with out going into 10 pages, was. his parents split up . when he was a small baby . months old. his mum went to manchester . and thats where he grew up. english school etc. i think the only time hes been in wales is to play football, enlighten me, i know all about his old man danny wilson

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am

ninianblue wrote:i find this ryan giggs thing funny, is he even welsh, the story i heard many years ago, and with out going into 10 pages, was. his parents split up . when he was a small baby . months old. his mum went to manchester . and thats where he grew up. english school etc. i think the only time hes been in wales is to play football, enlighten me, i know all about his old man danny wilson

Nah, he was 14 when his parents split up. The whole family moved to Salford when his dad changed codes to rugby league. He left Cardiff when he was six.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

Wayne S wrote:
ninianblue wrote:i find this ryan giggs thing funny, is he even welsh, the story i heard many years ago, and with out going into 10 pages, was. his parents split up . when he was a small baby . months old. his mum went to manchester . and thats where he grew up. english school etc. i think the only time hes been in wales is to play football, enlighten me, i know all about his old man danny wilson

Nah, he was 14 when his parents split up. The whole family moved to Salford when his dad changed codes to rugby league. He left Cardiff when he was six.

thanks for the update