Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Beckham

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Flies into Britain Tom to have talks with an unamed championship club I did say didn't I

Re: Beckham

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

keano wrote:Flies into Britain Tom to have talks with an unamed championship club I did say didn't I

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm

keano wrote:Flies into Britain Tom to have talks with an unamed championship club I did say didn't I

You cant say stuff like that when i have a cup of tea in my hand :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm

wheres britain tom. ;)

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm

If we're gonna puke up money like that I'd rather Charlie Austin

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 pm

oh not again...... His kids will live in London and he can chose any team he wants in the world, but he chooses to live in Cardiff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Probably better option than Hull or Middlesborough.

If any club Watford under Zola makes sense. Not sure where he lives but Hertfordshire springs to mind

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Free transfer the shirt sales would pay some of is wages great addition to the squad

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Why dont you bet on it, you could double it up with the pope getting laid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

so where is the "news" that hes speaking to a championship club then? :?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:52 pm

it's true, my mate saw posh spice in buffalo bar

Source very close to him

keano wrote:Free transfer the shirt sales would pay some of is wages great addition to the squad

Wen will people realise clubs don't make much money from short sales?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 pm

keano wrote:Source very close to him

right, so nothing official, just something you have heard and taking as "fact"

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:57 pm

keano wrote:Source very close to him

Is this him?

johnnybbird ‏@johnnypueblo
David Beckham flies in tomorrow to speak to unnamed championship club..... Cardiff City FC that'd be just awesome :-)

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Typo - meant shirt sales not short :D

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm

All jokes aside, it would be a great spin for the Malaysians to use him to promote thier country.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Western Blue wrote:All jokes aside, it would be a great spin for the Malaysians to use him to promote thier country.

But surely in the real world he'll be looking for 100k + per week

Is that really viable for a club in 100m + debt?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 pm

It's true. Why doesn't anyone believe it???
My cousins uncles son, who's seeing a girl who's sisters boyfriends brother once had a photo with becks, well cut a long story short he said after la becks wants to move to Ely or canton, on his wife's orders. Apparently the kids love smyths toy store... Just what I've heard, :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Western Blue wrote:All jokes aside, it would be a great spin for the Malaysians to use him to promote thier country.

to play devils advocate, we would probably make that money back on him.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Sky Bet Cardiff City 50/1

Never happen

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:Sky Bet Cardiff City 50/1

Never happen

it wont happen, but i wouldnt let the odds worry you, i think we were 6/1 a few weeks ago :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Lads I am serious here.

I take no pleasure in winding people up but I will pass on what I heard last week from my freind who works at the BBC.
No joke but he told me last week that we are 100% in the mix for DB (would be perfect for VT profile in Asia). He heard from the sports boys.

Could be BS but I have heard this rumour so maybe it has some mileage?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

to play devils advocate, we would probably make that money back on him.

We wouldn't, VT would. He would spend all his time in Malaysia, putting football on the map over there. It would make an absolute fortune. The population is huge, and they'd all have cardiff city, Beckham tops on lol.

Not site what he can offer on the pitch anymore though.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Hope not cos he's shite :oops:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:It's true. Why doesn't anyone believe it???
My cousins uncles son, who's seeing a girl who's sisters boyfriends brother once had a photo with becks, well cut a long story short he said after la becks wants to move to Ely or canton, on his wife's orders. Apparently the kids love smyths toy store... Just what I've heard, :ayatollah:

f**k off they are moving to Whitchurch , Everyone knows the Beckham's love a Top Gun!
Fish and chips suppers are for winners! :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Whitchurchbluebird wrote:

f**k off they are moving to Whitchurch , Everyone knows the Beckham's love a Top Gun!

Pfft Top Gun's gone right down hill in recent years.

They;ve been spending too much doing up the shop every year and a half and not enough on the chips.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Jesus wept. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Aramore wrote:
Whitchurchbluebird wrote:

Pfft Top Gun's gone right down hill in recent years.

They;ve been spending too much doing up the shop every year and a half and not enough on the chips.

Well tell that to the Beckham's because they love it!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm

The Beckhams are actively looking for property in West London, around the Richmond area.

One of the criteria being a short drive to Farnbourgh airfield, with a short hop to Paris.

Sorry chaps, Becks ain't coming to Cardiff.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 pm

M4 Solicitor wrote:The Beckhams are actively looking for property in West London, around the Richmond area.

One of the criteria being a short drive to Farnbourgh airfield, with a short hop to Paris.

Sorry chaps, Becks ain't coming to Cardiff.

Don't be sorry, that's good news. :lol: