Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' THIS WILL BE THE FIRST JANUARY EVER '

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Sordell has only played 318 minutes in the league so far this season. Surely he is available and the question is not if MM wants him, we know he does, but how much will he cost and can we afford him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:50 pm

castleblue wrote:Sordell has only played 318 minutes in the league so far this season. Surely he is available and the question is not if MM wants him, we know he does, but how much will he cost and can we afford him.

Maybe he'll be the loan with a view to buy.....

But wasn't he overheard on a train to his agent by one of the talksport media workers saying he wasn't happy Cardiff was his only option and couldn't he find any other options for him....

I do think he's a good player but am still questioning his attitude?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Got to laugh at the suggestion of Djibril Cisse, his wages are ridiculous and he'd never drop down to the championshp!

I think we can put this suggestion in the same group as Giggs and Beckham, never going to happen.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:54 pm

If Malky is going to do business then he needs to be quick getting his players :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Brayford
Sordell
Giggs (on loan)

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 pm

theclaw wrote:Brayford
Sordell
Giggs (on loan) :lol:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Brayford
Sordell
Cisse

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Brayford
Sordell
No idea!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:01 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Brayford
Sordell
Cisse :lol:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Thierry Henry

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Merlin wrote:
castleblue wrote:Sordell has only played 318 minutes in the league so far this season. Surely he is available and the question is not if MM wants him, we know he does, but how much will he cost and can we afford him.

Maybe he'll be the loan with a view to buy.....

But wasn't he overheard on a train to his agent by one of the talksport media workers saying he wasn't happy Cardiff was his only option and couldn't he find any other options for him....

I do think he's a good player but am still questioning his attitude?

Bolton paid £4m for him didn't they so surely they will look to get most of that back. Not sure about his attitude but MM knows him and as he tried to sign him in January he must think his attitude is right. He is probably on PL wages as well so it will be a big bag of money to get him.

Rather have Graham myself and as Laudrup has said he may have to sell him. Hmmm

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Nahki Wells. Bradford fans pretty sure he's coming here.
Marvin Sordell. Malky never gives up on players he wants. Same as with Nooney.
John Brayford. No smoke without fire. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Carl, do you think Malky will look to get his transfers sorted within the first week or two, or will it be a matter of waiting for other clubs bringing in their own targets?

Also, any truth in the Finnbogason speculation? ;)

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Jollffe wrote:Carl, do you think Malky will look to get his transfers sorted within the first week or two, or will it be a matter of waiting for other clubs bringing in their own targets?

Only problem with this is that AC Milan and Aston Villa are interested in him and he's valued at over £6 million.

If only we had any Icelandic players to influence his decision . . . . . . . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
Jollffe wrote:Carl, do you think Malky will look to get his transfers sorted within the first week or two, or will it be a matter of waiting for other clubs bringing in their own targets?

Only problem with this is that AC Milan and Aston Villa are interested in him and he's valued at over £6 million.

If only we had any Icelandic players to influence his decision . . . . . . . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Apparently the Milan link is extremely far-fetched. As for Villa, we could easily compete with them for his signature and, as you mentioned, the existing presence of Icelandic players at the club could influence his decision.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm

I'll go for Leo fortune west, Kurt nogan and jorn swinkendorf :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Jollffe wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:

Apparently the Milan link is extremely far-fetched. As for Villa, we could easily compete with them for his signature and, as you mentioned, the existing presence of Icelandic players at the club could influence his decision.

He has only just signed for Heerenveen so surely won't move in january

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Brayford
Wells
Carroll on loan from Malkys big mate Brendan [maybe].

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm

arri potta wrote:
carlccfc wrote:THIS WILL BE THE FIRST JANUARY EVER !!!!

That we will spend decent money in January :D

I am going for 3 players coming in :ayatollah:

C'mon then stick your 3 names down who you think they are :?:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bob Hatton, Jeff Hemmerman and Gary Bennett?

Awesome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Unfortunately I don't think ALL of our business will be done early.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Sharp, Austin and Brayford :lol:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:07 pm

bspark wrote:
Jollffe wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:

He has only just signed for Heerenveen so surely won't move in january

If the money's right, I don't think that would stop such a move to go through. :)

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Sordell - Bolton
Brayford - Derby
Mackie - QPR or Perbet - RAEC Bergen Mons
Frei - Fulham
Hunt-Huddersfield

Watch this space :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Bent, Sordell and Brayford.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm

There will be a surprise signing or two :lol: none of the above named :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Why has he only played 318 mins? Does anyone know his goals to games ratio?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Sam Hammam

Peter Ridsdale

Dave Jones

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

:ayatollah: Sorry but every time someone mentions new signings the business man comes out in me.

Langston ,debt into equity and reduced debt are my 3 signings.

I think we have a superb team and a few more players would help us get to the prem but if we fail to get there then I dread to think what is next for CCFC.

You cant just brush it under the carpet I love what the team is doing but Tan is playing the Sam Hammam game but with much more money at stake just hope he has it all worked out for us. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Why has he only played 318 mins? Does anyone know his goals to games ratio?

Don't know why but he has only made the bench once since October with 1 substitute appearance, away at Peterborough. Seems to me his face just doesn't fit at Bolton.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Brayson
Danny Graham
Aron Ramsey (Loan)