Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LIVERPOOL V MAN UTD THE SAD FACT IS

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 pm

dazzyt wrote:More than half of the people on this forum will actually be supporting one of them but won't admit it :o ?
Then they will come on here confessing their love for Cardiff City.

Was supporting Liverpool but only because I support 2 teams; City and whoever's playing Man Ure

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 pm

dazzyt wrote:More than half of the people on this forum will actually be supporting one of them but won't admit it :o ?

i think most city fans around the age of 40 years and younger will have a second team to support,with city spending most of those years in the lower leagues,only now when we are playing in the championship will most fans just have city to support

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Glad I am not one of them :lol:

Until he can prove more than half the people on the forum (show me where he gets the stats) will be supporting one of them, I'll treat it as bollocks. :D :D

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:33 pm

SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Until he can prove more than half the people on the forum (show me where he gets the stats) will be supporting one of them, I'll treat it as bollocks. :D :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 pm

SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

You know it's true :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

dazzyt wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Daz, have you been certified, mate? You've gone bonkers lately.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

:lol: Come on Nedd you know it's true mate,I ain't bonkers just stating a fact,remember said over half not all City fans,people think I have lost the plot because I am so anti rebrand I haven't gone off my head yet.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm

dazzyt wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

:lol: Come on Nedd you know it's true mate,I ain't bonkers just stating a fact,remember said over half not all City fans,people think I have lost the plot because I am so anti rebrand I haven't gone off my head yet.

:lol:

:thumbup:

I wasn't interested in LFC v MUFC, myself, but I looked at all the football scores earlier on the teletext. I was pleased Leicester beat Hull, because that helped us stay in touch at the top.

I'm not a fan of the rebrand, but I think we've done it to death now and we need to make our feelings known about it at the end of the season, whether we get promoted or not and whether we are for or against it.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 pm

So what, people can do what they want. If they want to support a prem club as well as Cardiff why shouldn't they?
I don't understand fans who just want to watch a team from a tele but its up to them at the end of the day. Feel a little sorry they miss out on the real football.

Personally my interest in the prem is usually due to a bet :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

SO What !!!!!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 pm

I wanted Liverpool, Arsenal, Rangers and Leicester all to win because they were on my accumulator but thats as far as it goes :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Man united were the first team I watched so I support them. I moved to Cardiff when I was 4 and I have supported them ever since. Whenever Cardiff play united I would support Cardiff because I consider myself a Cardiffian. And I don't believe all this bullshit about only being able to support 1 team. If I want to support 2 teams and I have 2 reasons for supporting them I will. Obviously if you only have motives for supporting just Cardiff that's fair. But it's narrow minded to say you can only support 1 team.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm

CardiffBorn7 wrote:Man united were the first team I watched so I support them. I moved to Cardiff when I was 4 and I have supported them ever since. Whenever Cardiff play united I would support Cardiff because I consider myself a Cardiffian. And I don't believe all this bullshit about only being able to support 1 team. If I want to support 2 teams and I have 2 reasons for supporting them I will. Obviously if you only have motives for supporting just Cardiff that's fair. But it's narrow minded to say you can only support 1 team.

In same position

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm partial to a little bit of Torquay United on the side.

Something wrong with me, I always pick the teams that can never get promoted...

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:00 pm

All the rational people will understand what I meant in this thread,I sometimes go out for Sunday lunch with the mrs and often if Utd or Liverpool are playing it is rammed with red,if City are away and on TV there's not a blue(sorry red shirt) in sight and not because they are at the game.I have no problem with anyone following a second team that is up to them my problem is with those who don't put City first if that makes sense. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 pm

CantonJack wrote:I'm partial to a little bit of Torquay United on the side.

..........................................................................................

Only because Helen Chamberlain supports them,like the older chicks do we ;)

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:17 pm

dazzyt wrote:All the rational people will understand what I meant in this thread,I sometimes go out for Sunday lunch with the mrs and often if Utd or Liverpool are playing it is rammed with red,if City are away and on TV there's not a blue(sorry red shirt) in sight and not because they are at the game.I have no problem with anyone following a second team that is up to them my problem is with those who don't put City first if that makes sense. :ayatollah:

Totally up to them.
It doesn't bother me at all, if they ain't city fans then they ain't city fans.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:28 pm

dazzyt wrote:

..........................................................................................

Experience never hurt anyone... :oops:

But I went on holiday to (exotic) Paignton in 2008 and Torquay were playing, so my Dad took me and I've followed them since

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 pm

CantonJack wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Experience never hurt anyone... :oops:

But I went on holiday to (exotic) Paignton in 2008 and Torquay were playing, so my Dad took me and I've followed them since

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:mark my word
evryone of the man/liverpool shirt wearing brigade will blurt out their hatred towards england and come out in force supporting wales when the egg chasing is on

Couldn't agree more! :ayatollah:

I'm sick of hearing, "The reason i support Man Utd/Liverpool is because my dad 'supports' them"

I don't think a father sat in his armchair, wearing a replica top, on a Sunday afternoon can be classed as a real supporter :roll:

If every club was limited to real supporters no club would have no more than 30,000 fans. Even United would probably only have around that much as every time OT is full around 40,000 of them are plastics from all over the world who have paid stupid money to see the club they claim to love.

All this real supporter nonsense is boring now. If they buy merchandise and a TV subscription then fair enough, they are paying into the pot that keeps the whole thing ticking over.

... and all the mugs in South Wales who put their money into Man U and Liverpool are just helping keep football in the North West strong and reducing the chance of ever having sustainable top level footy in their own area.

and its better they support Liverpool or United or any other team at all than no team because at least that way there money is going into the football pot which then means the TV deals are bigger and therefore we get a bigger share. We can moan all we like about how they should support Cardiff but I'd rather they support somebody than nobody. If all the plastics went and spent their cash on rugby or cricket all the diehards would be watching terrible footballers every week. Put it this way, we wouldn't have Bellamy, Maynard and other internationals here.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:37 pm

CardiffBorn7 wrote:Man united were the first team I watched so I support them. I moved to Cardiff when I was 4 and I have supported them ever since. Whenever Cardiff play united I would support Cardiff because I consider myself a Cardiffian. And I don't believe all this bullshit about only being able to support 1 team. If I want to support 2 teams and I have 2 reasons for supporting them I will. Obviously if you only have motives for supporting just Cardiff that's fair. But it's narrow minded to say you can only support 1 team.

I support Cardiff and follow Dortmund very closely, I have done for years. If we were to ever meet though I'd want City to win of course. Seeing Signal Iduna Park full of Dortmund and Cardiff fans going mental would be the greatest thing ever. The German police would probably have every reason to get the water cannons out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm

I love the Super Sundays, whatever games are on. I go out every Sunday afternoon regardless to have a few pints. I tend to vary which pubs I go to in the Roath area, today I had a few in the Claude to start before making the long treck to the Tavi, did pop into Varsity f**k knows why but by f**k it was full to bursting with Liverpool/United/Arsenal plastics however no City fans, which is strange seeing as many "Fans" support the champions.

Fact of the matter is I wasn't "Supporting" anyone this afternoon but I couldn't help but want United to win, it is only natural to favour something over the other and I despise this current Liverpool set up whereas I like how United conduct themselves over things particularly the Suarez/Evra incident.

:old:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:mark my word
evryone of the man/liverpool shirt wearing brigade will blurt out their hatred towards england and come out in force supporting wales when the egg chasing is on

Couldn't agree more! :ayatollah:

I'm sick of hearing, "The reason i support Man Utd/Liverpool is because my dad 'supports' them"

I don't think a father sat in his armchair, wearing a replica top, on a Sunday afternoon can be classed as a real supporter :roll:

If every club was limited to real supporters no club would have no more than 30,000 fans. Even United would probably only have around that much as every time OT is full around 40,000 of them are plastics from all over the world who have paid stupid money to see the club they claim to love.

All this real supporter nonsense is boring now. If they buy merchandise and a TV subscription then fair enough, they are paying into the pot that keeps the whole thing ticking over.

... and all the mugs in South Wales who put their money into Man U and Liverpool are just helping keep football in the North West strong and reducing the chance of ever having sustainable top level footy in their own area.

and its better they support Liverpool or United or any other team at all than no team because at least that way there money is going into the football pot which then means the TV deals are bigger and therefore we get a bigger share. We can moan all we like about how they should support Cardiff but I'd rather they support somebody than nobody. If all the plastics went and spent their cash on rugby or cricket all the diehards would be watching terrible footballers every week. Put it this way, we wouldn't have Bellamy, Maynard and other internationals here.

I think you will find the majority of Welsh people who support Man Utd or Liverpool never actually go to the games and my initial thread was they claim to love Cardiff City but many would watch Man U in the pub rather than go to the City if they kicked off the same time so I disagree the only money they spend is in the pub.
Who do you support apart from Cardiff? :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 am

And these are the people who are swanning around the CCS in a red shirt :oops:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am

Why is your username Cardiff born then? :lol:

You can't be a ManUtd fan if you'd want them to lose against Cardiff. People annoy truly support two clubs as what would happen if they play each other?

The amount of people in South Wales who couldn't decide who to support Wembley last year was shameful!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 pm

dazzyt wrote:
I think you will find the majority of Welsh people who support Man Utd or Liverpool never actually go to the games and my initial thread was they claim to love Cardiff City but many would watch Man U in the pub rather than go to the City if they kicked off the same time so I disagree the only money they spend is in the pub.
Who do you support apart from Cardiff? :ayatollah:

Dortmund I also follow second to City and have done for years. I've always liked the kit for some reason as it was like a warning and seeing it in the stand was brilliant and stood out, very vibrant. Maybe a stupid reason to follow a club but I like German football and I wanted to take interest in a team to keep my interest alive.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Come from N Wales. watched Liverpool as a kid but my uncles were all
staunch City from the South, so I was brought up a bit on the Club. Soon
as i was 18? 19? paying my own way to games I started watching the City.

My life has never been the same since.

Its been SHIT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I wouldnt watch Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea if they were playing in my back garden now

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:Come from N Wales. watched Liverpool as a kid but my uncles were all

Its been SHIT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I wouldnt watch Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea if they were playing in my back garden now

Yes you would. Only a blind person or someone with no interest in football wouldn't.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Come from N Wales. watched Liverpool as a kid but my uncles were all

Yes you would. Only a blind person or someone with no interest in football wouldn't.

:lol:

That'll be me, then. Hang on, I can see and I have an interest in football....

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Seriously. No interest in any game if we aint playing. Thats cos i lost my love for
football many moons ago. overpaid prima donna cunts