Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " LETS BE HONEST THEN "

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:38 pm

MM will not take us up and will be out of a job come may i feel because its the same thing as last season all over again. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

silly question but why didnt malkie put on noone/mason at half time? it would have given palace something to think about as surely they were going to attack us and of course managers do look to get back in to game being 2 down, by changeing players it would have been more useful instead of useing subs 15mins from end thats a waste of time in situation we were in! will he get us up mmm not sure now as hasnt learned from last season, with players we have why the fck do we want play 451 against average teams!!! we were lucky with goals today so formation didnt play part in goals, but parking bus again!!! doesnt work does it?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

I honestly believe we can get automatic promotion, but can see Blackburn and Blackpool being tricky to topple. Fingers crossed we have minimal injuries throughout the season and are able to maybe get in a PL striker in on loan now that Maynard is out.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 pm

100% don't believe Malky is the right man for the job.

Play-offs if we're lucky, when we have the team for possible auto.

Strange decisions like continually playing Helguson for 90 minutes when he's spent after 50... leaving Etien, Kim and Joe Mason on the bench, or bringing them on when it's far far too late? Does he still think it's last season when you possibly could excuse the man as he didn't have the options? Not now. Today, not starting Noone. What was that all about?

2 shots on target today in 90 minutes.
No matter how you sugar coat it, it isn't good enough when we have such an attacking team.

What bothers me is Malky's so defence minded and yet we seriously lack any defensive cover whatsoever. We sit back and sit back waiting to counter attack. Bloody play the ball in their half. Our back 4 is our achillies heel. Keep the ball as far away as possible from them!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Feeling down after losing a 2 - 0 lead. Good teams tend NOT to do that. We all know that we can score goals (even without NM) but although I like Malky I think he is making mistakes. Two defeats in the first 7 games is not a good start...much too high a loss per games ratio to go up in the top two. We need to change that by sneaking draws when we are not playing well. Our away form is not good. Two defeats in four...to teams who will be no higher than mid table, while conceding 7 goals in those two games. All of those stats have to improve if we are to get promoted.

I'm not keen on 4-5-1 away and 4-4-2 at home. We need players to get used to a certain style of play and by alternating formations it will be difficult for the boys to develop that. I'm not a huge fan of Helguson..especially in the lone striker role away from home. We've got loads of fire power so attack team at home AND away.

When Palace scored their equaliser with still 30 minitues to go they obviously had the momentum and a winner for them was always on the cards unless Malky changed something. The changes he made were far too late. Malky needs to be more decisive. It's not like we were playing well when Palace drew level. We were struggling for the ball...we were not threatening their goal. Signs that a change was needed...but MM didn't respond till we went behind.

I've been worried about our lack of defensive alternatives since before the season started. Who is putting pressure on Andrew Taylor and Super Kev? We need at least 0ne quality full-back...someone quick and strong as we are a little fragile.

If Malky can get a CF on loan to cover for NM...preferably a biggish lad who offers more than Helguson...and another full-back I think MM will take us up. But despite the money he has spent the early signs are that we are not top two material with what we've got and with how MM is using it. Yes I think we will make top 6...even with what we've got but the play-offs are just a lottery as we know all too well. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I think we will be top 4 pushing for top 2 but its a very tough league.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I think we will be top 4 pushing for top 2 but its a very tough league.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:26 pm

only criticism i have, is that we wait to long to make subs, giving them little time to make an impact.

we have depth in this squad, maybe not bags of quality though. today i thought we committed defensive suicide.

turner, mutch, maynard missing from first xi noone starting on the bench (big mistake in my opinion)

i think we just need 1 more defender and another striker. i would look at possibly 2 loan signings 1 possibly a left back to offer competition for taylor.

at 2 nil up at half time, we should never be losing the game.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 pm

I believe we will make the play off's this season. I am not convinced the back four are still strong enough to enable automatic.

But in Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm

The squad we have is easily a top two squad, I believe we will get top 2 this year. But if we don't something has to change at the end of the season. With that being said though I think this is our year and anyone doubting us after 1 bad result is just a sheep. Although I do think we need to loan in a defender in to cover across the back 4. Upfront we have more than enough, Velikonja cost as much as Maynard so he is our cover with Mason & Bellamy helping out too. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:only criticism i have, is that we wait to long to make subs, giving them little time to make an impact.

we have depth in this squad, maybe not bags of quality though. today i thought we committed defensive suicide.

turner, mutch, maynard missing from first xi noone starting on the bench (big mistake in my opinion)

i think we just need 1 more defender and another striker. i would look at possibly 2 loan signings 1 possibly a left back to offer competition for taylor.

Two nil up at HT against the run of play TWO shots on target the whole game says it all with MM defensive style of football its perfetic sometimes :oops:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:56 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:only criticism i have, is that we wait to long to make subs, giving them little time to make an impact.

Two nil up at HT against the run of play TWO shots on target the whole game says it all with MM defensive style of football its perfetic sometimes :oops:

exactly, if we were 2 nil up at ht against the run of play, he should have made a tactical change at ht but he didnt. by the time we made subs it was too late.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Neokutai wrote:I believe Malky will get us into the play-offs, whether or not we will be promoted will just come down to the luck of the draw.

Theres no "luck of the draw" in the play offs. Best team wins. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm

We'll be in the mix for automatic if we can learn how to defend a lead :old:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Were still 3rd favourite to win the league with the bookies!!! :P

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... hip/winner :D

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When we start winning everyone loves Malky, we lose a game, a lot say he will fail.

Well say it NOW ON THIS THREAD, WHERE YOU REALLY BELIEVE MALKY WILL TAKE US THIS SEASON.

I reckon we will def go up with Malky if he is backed in January and in the loan market if needed.

I believe in Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't like the man win or lose . His dire brand of negative football has no place in the modern game .
I hope he gets the sack pronto , because we're not going anywhere with Malky or still can't defend or pass the ball .

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 pm

we have a promotion squad.....

emphasis on squad, i dont see why we as fans should accept anything less than 4th place. malky has been backed very well by the money men...

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I said he is to cautious when we take the lead. He likes to sit on it. I said that the before he was gonna come a cropper and he did today.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I said he is to cautious when we take the lead. He likes to sit on it. I said that the before he was gonna come a cropper and he did today.

This is the crux of the issue.

This and his odd team selection. Why you wouldn't start Noone is a question only McKay can answer.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I think we will be in the top 3 with Blackpool and Bolton - I hope we get in the top two but there is a lot of luck as well as skill needed to achieve that.

If we don't make it this year (and we've had to get used to disappointment), then Malky should definitely get another chance.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 pm

For some reason it felt like City's lead was flattering, CP knew it and went for the jugular second half, Cardiff couldn't handle the pressure? should have made changes a lot sooner, you cant expect players to come on with only minutes and make any difference. EARLY Days to be panicking, But people have been getting carried away with the squad City have and expecting too much me thinks!!! :old:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I ain't read a comment yet on this topic, so I'm saying how I feel..... He's great if it all goes to plan but IMO same as dave jones he ain't got a clue when it comes to subs etc 2 nil up they came bk into the game and he waited till we was losing 3-2 to change it,,,, surely at 2-1 or maybe 2-2 things shouldve changed... He was the same last year aswell. I'm still not convinced, but That doesn't mean I don't support him :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:I ain't read a comment yet on this topic, so I'm saying how I feel..... He's great if it all goes to plan but IMO same as dave jones he ain't got a clue when it comes to subs etc 2 nil up they came bk into the game and he waited till we was losing 3-2 to change it,,,, surely at 2-1 or maybe 2-2 things shouldve changed... He was the same last year aswell. I'm still not convinced, but That doesn't mean I don't support him :ayatollah:

That is fair. He is young so might learn. But and a big but does he have the time to learn ?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 pm

I have faith in Malky. :ayatollah:

Those who go against him when we lose a game are complete idiots and don't have a clue about football.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 pm

In my case,i think you will find that i have held a consistent view that Mackay is not up to the job,but will give him ten matches to prove me wrong

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Top 2

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Not long got home from today's game. Too tired and emotional to give an opinion tonight.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 pm

I think the majority (including myself) have faith in Malky, though the news about Maynard could well prove a significant setback. Two defeats in five isn't great but fortunately they've backended three straight wins. Hopefully Bellamy can be regularly available because he is our best and most realistic choice of replacing Maynard.

As regards team selection, dropping Noone was a bit strange but perhaps he was carrying a knock or a niggle. He is a Championship winger so it is certainly a possibility. And talking of Championship wingers (or central midfielder for today), Don Cowie is a player who seems to have become a bit of a scapegoat recently, though I can't for the life of me see why; a solid player. The fact that we have him on the bench for most games is a luxury I'm sure most other teams in the league would love to have. And as for Helguson, you need someone like him in the Championship. Sure, he's not a stand-out forward but he does good work. He needs to be complemented by a Maynard/Bellamy though, which requires a 4-4-2 formation. However, this formation won't always be utilised by Mackay simply because of how opposition teams set up, the availability of players but mostly because of playing half of league games away from home; something that requires more caution, whether you're away to Palace, Peterborough or Brighton.

I see some supporters are moaning about the use of 4-5-1, but what you must bear in mind is that all formations have their advantages and disadvantages.

Oh and by the way, top 3.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
brithdirblue wrote:Annis I like malky and think he will take us up. But he needs to start learning from his mistakes of last season's. We can spend all we want but playing 451 will get us nowhere. We shouldn't be going to teams like palace and defending.

I do agree Malky makes mistakes, but he is not stubborn and is still learning in football. :ayatollah:

Agreed, however in the cold light of day, and considering the huge war chest he recieved compared to other clubs in our league, do Cardiff City need a manager who is still learning his trade while shouldering the heavy burden of expectation of the Malaysians?

I also like Malky and hopes he proves himself this season and takes us up, I too however predict play off agony again, hope I am wrong. Defence and away day tactics are once again the achilles heel.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
brithdirblue wrote:Annis I like malky and think he will take us up. But he needs to start learning from his mistakes of last season's. We can spend all we want but playing 451 will get us nowhere. We shouldn't be going to teams like palace and defending.

I do agree Malky makes mistakes, but he is not stubborn and is still learning in football. :ayatollah:

Agreed, however in the cold light of day, and considering the huge war chest he recieved compared to other clubs in our league, do Cardiff City need a manager who is still learning his trade while shouldering the heavy burden of expectation of the Malaysians?

I also like Malky and hopes he proves himself this season and takes us up, I too however predict play off agony again, hope I am wrong. Defence and away day tactics are once again the achilles heel.