Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bellamy Will Only Play For Cardiff

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:58 am

To save money man city would just cancel his contract, which maybe they are willing to do, but that still leaves craig £90k a week out of pocket, if they give him say £2.5m then we can give him £30k a week = 1.5m, but what happens next season? I am sorry but unless Man city pay him £4.5m then there is no way he can realistically come to us, and I for one don't blame him

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 am

If you cancell a contract it must be by mutual consent,or for disciplinary reasons, so therefore he will hve to be paid compensation, depending on the amount of compensation and Craig is no mug it will have to be paid over a period of time, otherwise his tax bill will hit the roof, so why can't we pay the differance or on top of.
I am no expert on these things, just looking for some answers to what I feel are reasonable questions.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:32 am

??? If a contract is cancelled by mutual consent then there is NO money to be paid up unless there is a negotiation on wages, the only time that they would have to pay money is if a contract was terminated by the employer :thumbup:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 am

With all due respect, I did say Craig is no mug, and I don't think he would go without negociating wages!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm

What the hell is wrong with all the moaners on here FFS

Who else with this level of footballing capability would have dropped down to the Championship last year to support his home team? He is, and always will be, a hero in my eyes for doing this.

Yes, I would love him here again but whatever decision he makes I will support (Unless he went to those Jack Bastards :evil: ).

Just ask yourselves again who else would have done what he did for us last year? Ryan Giggs maybe?????

You moaners are just a bunch of spoilt twats who like to moan.

STOP CRITICISING BELLARS, AND SHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE FOR US!!!

Rant Over......

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Keli wrote:What the hell is wrong with all the moaners on here FFS

Who else with this level of footballing capability would have dropped down to the Championship last year to support his home team? He is, and always will be, a hero in my eyes for doing this.

Yes, I would love him here again but whatever decision he makes I will support (Unless he went to those Jack Bastards :evil: ).

Just ask yourselves again who else would have done what he did for us last year? Ryan Giggs maybe?????

STOP CRITICISING BELLARS, AND SHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE FOR US!!!

Rant Over......

Well said Keli :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Keli wrote:What the hell is wrong with all the moaners on here FFS

Rant Over......

Whats he done? he came for one season were we any better off? not at all, we could have had someone younger and hungrier for alot less wages.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Typenamehere :ayatollah: i wonder what the result would have been if Bellers had played v Reading in the 2nd leg,along with DJ 's - Team selection for that game.
After Rambo left the next 3-4 months Bellers was our best player (imo)
What did Bellers do when he was here - part of a team which fininshed in its highest position for many a moon .

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Typenamehere :ayatollah: i wonder what the result would have been if Bellers had played v Reading in the 2nd leg,along with DJ 's - Team selection for that game.
What did Bellers do when he was here - part of a team which fininshed in its highest position for many a moon .

Agreed Tony, I think if Bellamy remained injury free and Rambo had stayed until the end of the season we would have gone up automatic - Take either of those away and we get play-offs - take both of them away and we get knocked out in the first dual

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Typenamehere :ayatollah: i wonder what the result would have been if Bellers had played v Reading in the 2nd leg,along with DJ 's - Team selection for that game.

With all due respect topcat what would've or could've happened didn't. We may have finished higher but when you see your sights on promotion and bring in a player of bellamys standards and you sitll don;t get promotion it;s a bit like egg on the face.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 am

Bellamy fancied a nice easy year with his family whilst Man City paid his wages.

Man City won't play ball anymore, Bellamy is looking around for someone to pay him decent money. Cardiff have gone out the window as they can't pay his wages.

Simple as.

And while he was here, he achieved f**k all.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:11 pm

thegentleman wrote:Bellamy fancied a nice easy year with his family whilst Man City paid his wages.

Man City won't play ball anymore, Bellamy is looking around for someone to pay him decent money. Cardiff have gone out the window as they can't pay his wages.

Simple as.

And while he was here, he achieved f**k all.

SORRY mate but how can you say he achieved f all.

The way in which he played the game was with loads of passion,desire,quality,pace,determination,he worked his socks off ran all over the pitch and chased everything he was totally committed.

He was the best player at Cardiff City last year and I have the utmost respect for him.He wants to play for us and said so that's his only mistake or is it.He wants to play for us but doesn't want to lose around 60k a week for the privilege of playing for us.If he comes back the man is a legend if not he is as human as the rest of us.Would you give up 60k a week I couldn't who ever says yes is full of shit

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:34 pm

The fact that we reached the Play offs last season, was IMO largely due to the efforts of Bellamy!

It takes more than one player to make a team and in that respect, we fell short in other departments, the main one being that we lost both of our goalkeepers!

You can throw in Boro gate if you want, the fact that our best full back had to fill in at centre back and many other factors, but the one fact that is clear to me, is that without Bellamy dragging some of our players by their Scruffs last season, we'd have fallen a lot shorter!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Overthemoon wrote:The fact that we reached the Play offs last season, was IMO largely due to the efforts of Bellamy!

It takes more than one player to make a team and in that respect, we fell short in other departments, the main one being that we lost both of our goalkeepers!

You can throw in Boro gate if you want, the fact that our best full back had to fill in at centre back and many other factors, but the one fact that is clear to me, is that without Bellamy dragging some of our players by their Scruffs last season, we'd have fallen a lot shorter!

In the play-offs we were missing Hudson, McPhail, Marshall, Heaton and Bellamy. 4 of those 5 would have started -down the spine of our side. Keeper (and reserve keeper), Centre Half, Centre mid and Centre Forward.
Thats the main reason we lost -along with others not performing and not taking the opportunity they were given.
Swansea by comparison only had one player out -suspended, Reading 1 player injured, and Forest had a few out, but also lost in the semis. It worked out for them and thats history now, they grabbed their chance with both hands (twats :lol: )

As for Bellamy, its up to him. If he comes back great , if not good luck to him, and thanks for last season. We move on and look elsewhere, for £30k a week we can get the players we need to fill the holes in our squad, so maybe not such a bad thing.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:The fact that we reached the Play offs last season, was IMO largely due to the efforts of Bellamy!

In the play-offs we were missing Hudson, McPhail, Marshall, Heaton and Bellamy. 4 of those 5 would have started -down the spine of our side. Keeper (and reserve keeper), Centre Half, Centre mid and Centre Forward.
Thats the main reason we lost -along with others not performing and not taking the opportunity they were given.
Swansea by comparison only had one player out -suspended, Reading 1 player injured, and Forest had a few out, but also lost in the semis. It worked out for them and thats history now, they grabbed their chance with both hands (twats :lol: )

As for Bellamy, its up to him. If he comes back great , if not good luck to him, and thanks for last season. We move on and look elsewhere, for £30k a week we can get the players we need to fill the holes in our squad, so maybe not such a bad thing.

My post was about reaching the Play Offs and not why we lost in the Play offs! :)

I haven’t got over the Play Off Semi against Reading yet and even though Keinan seems like a great bloke, I still feel like footing him up the arse, everytime I see him!

I still can’t believe he tried such a stupid back pass around the 29 minute mark, when Reading hadn’t had a kick beforehand and especially as we had Bywater in goal, whose kicking prowess is renowned throughout the land and for then giving a moronic penalty away, to top off a pretty shit performance for him! :x :twisted:

IMO, we still had enough talent out on that pitch against Reading and had we taken our earlier chances, we could have gone on to win comfortably! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

My post was about reaching the Play Offs and not why we lost in the Play offs! :)

I haven’t got over the Play Off Semi against Reading yet and even though Keinan seems like a great bloke, I still feel like footing him up the arse, everytime I see him!

I still can’t believe he tried such a stupid back pass around the 29 minute mark, when Reading hadn’t had a kick beforehand and especially as we had Bywater in goal, whose kicking prowess is renowned throughout the land and for then giving a moronic penalty away, to top off a pretty shit performance for him! :x :twisted:

IMO, we still had enough talent out on that pitch against Reading and had we taken our earlier chances, we could have gone on to win comfortably! :ayatollah:

Aye. I just wanted to get it off my chest. :lol:

Enough talent on the pitch, but not enough character. The players mentioned are all strong characters and leaders in their own way. Captain, other captain, spokesman (Mcphail always fronts up to the press when we f**k up, shows he's got balls), and both keepers replaced by a fuckwit.