Time for Cardiff to care about money was BEFORE Emiliano Sal

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Time for Cardiff to care about money was BEFORE Emiliano

Postby castleblue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:This is business and sentiment simply doesn't come into it and I cannot believe any fan could seriously believe our club should roll over and have it's tummy tickled over £15m.

If that's the case then how can we ever continue to claim that Sala will be forever a Bluebird when he'll technically have nothing to do with us?

So sad :(

I think a lot of that was sentiment and the tragic way in which he died. I'm afraid I never shared a lot of that sentiment. To me, he was a bluebird in name only. As I said previously, he never put the blue shirt on to the best of my knowledge, never took part in a training session, and I am sure most City fans never set eyes on him. It was an extremely sad event, but I think fans went completely over the top, with someone even suggesting we name our stadium after him. Imagine that, our stadium named after a player who never made a single appearance for the club.

Will be interesting to see just which club actually held his registration at the time of his death. If it was Cardiff, I am sure they will make the payments without any problem. Can't blame them for making sure they are legally responsible before releasing many millions of pounds.

Exactly Steve and Mehmet Dalman has already said as much.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebird1972 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Just a thought Is everyone overlooking the fact that Sala wasn’t registered in time for the Newcastle game on the Saturday, so would it have been completed on the weekend, Monday or for 12am Tuesday morning his first official day as a CCFC player ?
bluebird1972

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 pm

This is a business. In any business, you don’t pay up on any invoice until the last possible moment. That’s all we’re doing.

Also, if there is any chance the business doesn’t have to pay up, then all those possibilities have to be looked into too. It appears that Cardiff weren’t responsible for his travel,arrangements which makes someone else responsible for Sala’s death. Whoever that was, then it’s their insurance company that has to pick up the tab. This will take years to settle in the courts.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Ibby » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 am

This matter will turn so nasty. Emiliano Sala's family will want the truth here.
Ibby

Postby diggerjames » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

In my opinion as Nantes are only asking for the first stage of 3x £5m payments, I think we should pay the first part with all the legal proviso's regards the remaining £10m. This would buy time to sort out this tragic mess and retain Cardiff City's good name.
If we don't we could struggle to do business with other clubs in the future, especially in France. In the light of the circumstances and the money involved in retaining our Premiership standing this would be the right thing to do. :bluebird:
diggerjames

Previous

Return to General Chat