Jermain Defoe looking for a new club?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 am

JERMAIN DEFOE HINTS AT MOVE

10/12/18

Jermain Defoe has hinted that he would be open to a January move as he struggles for minutes at Bournemouth.

Eddie Howe's side are flying in the Premier League, with Callum Wilson in stellar form.

Defoe has made just seven appearances in all competitions this season, all of them from the bench.

Speaking to the Mirror, he said: “We’ll see what happens. At the end of the day I’m a footballer and I like playing football.
“I’m not playing football at the minute so we’ll see what happens.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jermain Defoe looking for a new club?

Postby d20 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

This is the guy we need, he would bang the goals in as he always has .

Not used by Bournemouth so might be worth a cheeky loan bid pay half his wages for just a few months and he could be the difference of us staying up a proven goalscorer at this level.

Well worth the gamble of the loan money for Vinny to pay out for a few months.
d20

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Cant see him fitting into our style if im honest.
2blue2handle

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Depends how we play I guess. Callum Paterson and indeed madine could knock balls down for him. But as a lone striker it may be tough. Can't take away from him being a goal scorer though.
welshrarebit

Postby montyblue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Personally i would take him and niasse on lone you always have strikers who have off days so the more the better but where does this leave 10 million b reid ?
montyblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 pm

montyblue wrote:Personally i would take him and niasse on lone you always have strikers who have off days so the more the better but where does this leave 10 million b reid ?

Not sure but I think we've got a problem there with the number of players we can have on loan, specially from Premier league clubs. I THINK we could have one more ( not sure), but I'm pretty sure we can't have another two.

I did a whole thread predicting that Jermain Defoe would be open to a move in the window and suggesting him as a stop gap , but Sir Neil was asked directly after the Southampton game if he'd be interested in signing Defoe and he said "no !" very quickly and emphatically .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Crayfish » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 pm

No no no. He is 36 now and is well into the has been stage of his career. Great striker in his day but it's over. He has not scored at all for Bournemouth this season. Not Warnocks type of forward anyway and we have Bobby Reid who is in a similar mode and can't get into the team
Crayfish

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Crayfish wrote:No no no. He is 36 now and is well into the has been stage of his career. Great striker in his day but it's over. He has not scored at all for Bournemouth this season. Not Warnocks type of forward anyway and we have Bobby Reid who is in a similar mode and can't get into the team

In fairness he's hardly played this season so I don't think you can knock him for not scoring.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:34 pm

It’s exactly what we don’t need.
Wouldn’t suit our style and he’s long past his sell by date. Not a chance of us getting him IMO, thankfully.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Crayfish wrote:No no no. He is 36 now and is well into the has been stage of his career. Great striker in his day but it's over. He has not scored at all for Bournemouth this season. Not Warnocks type of forward anyway and we have Bobby Reid who is in a similar mode and can't get into the team

In fairness he's hardly played this season so I don't think you can knock him for not scoring.

whats the amount of game time got to do with it..?
hardly playing does not count on this message board mate..Zohore gets a daily slagging for not being John Toshack off one bloke ,yet has only played 260 minutes..
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 pm

montyblue wrote:Personally i would take him and niasse on lone you always have strikers who have off days so the more the better but where does this leave 10 million b reid ?

I reckon we could sign Defoe on a short term contract and no worries on the loan front then.

Give him 18 month contract and he’ll do a job, would need another striker too though.
piledriver64

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 am

Wigan are looking to sign him
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am

Not the type of player we need. Let’s sign good players not just somebody with a big name.
Llan_Blue

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 am

I'd definitely sign him if we get the Argentinian striker too.

There will be tight games between now and the end of the season and being able to throw Defoe on to grab a goal as opposed to Ward or Zohore is certainly more attractive to me.
piledriver64

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

hardly playing does not count on this message board mate..Zohore gets a daily slagging for not being John Toshack off one bloke ,yet has only played 260 minutes..

Different situations. Ken is supposed to be our first choice striker but he can't perform well enough in training to get selected. Defoe is supposed to be their standby because he's getting on a bit but whilst he knows that he's dissapointed that it's not happening often enough - the manager there has also expressed regrets that he can't often find a slot for him
SirJimmySchoular

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Simple in my oppinion
No no no no and no
troobloo3339

Postby dogfound » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:53 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Different situations. Ken is supposed to be our first choice striker but he can't perform well enough in training to get selected. Defoe is supposed to be their standby because he's getting on a bit but whilst he knows that he's dissapointed that it's not happening often enough - the manager there has also expressed regrets that he can't often find a slot for him

I was being sarcastic...whoosh strait over jacks head.
yes different situation....but your version is about as accurate as your user name,,Ken is and has been injured..where this training nonsense has come from i dont know..planet swans maybe?
dogfound

Return to General Chat