The +1 ticket system

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The +1 ticket system

Postby CF3BLUE » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but didn't get one this year. I have attended most home matches anyway, but no season ticket therefore I am not eligible for a cup ticket. 14,000 odd season ticket holders can buy a spare one and hand to someone who hasn't been before, or rarely attends, but fancies watching Sergio Aguero for a nice day out. Is this system fair?
CF3BLUE

The +1 ticket system

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The +1 ticket system

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:11 am

CF3BLUE wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but didn't get one this year. I have attended most home matches anyway, but no season ticket therefore I am not eligible for a cup ticket. 14,000 odd season ticket holders can buy a spare one and hand to someone who hasn't been before, or rarely attends, but fancies watching Sergio Aguero for a nice day out. Is this system fair?

yes
paulh_85

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 am

As a season ticket holder for 18years you will know that the club has always done a deal whereby season ticket holders got 2 tickets. Was it fair and did you ask the question when you had a season ticket??

I like you am not a season ticket holder this season, as I now run my own business so i work a few Saturdays, that said I have been offered but had to decline a ticket for the game. But in my opinion this is fair. Not only that it is consistent.

Thankfully the game will be done in January and I for one can’t wait as this ticket scenario cooks my brain, everyone is the biggest fan when they can’t get a ticket, it’s a disgrace when people can’t get the big game tickets. No one gives a shit for a league game though.

Rant over
Mr Potato

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 am

100 percent fair

I’d rather give extra ticket to st holder because they won’t give it to plastics they’ll give it to relatives and friends

Rather than selling to the public
CardiffCityBlue

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:100 percent fair

I’d rather give extra ticket to st holder because they won’t give it to plastics they’ll give it to relatives and friends

Rather than selling to the public

I agree with this. Bought my two yesterday and the spare is going to a mate of mine who's been to nearly every home game this season, in fact more than I have.

My eldest Son wants a ticket but I put my mate 1st as he's been to more games. I think that's fair but my Son doesn't lol! He'll get over it. :)
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 am

I think it’s fair, I haven’t had a season ticket for a few years now as my career involves working away for certain lengths at a time. This year I even forgot to buy a membership. But I will try to get a ticket on Monday if I can, if not I hope whoever gets a ticket in my place enjoys it and supports the team as much as I do. It will be nice to see the stadium full for once, regardless of opponent and occasion. It’s all money that goes towards the club.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby aderyn1927 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

Used our spare tickets for grandchildren. They've been to four away games this season. They came along to watch Mansfield at home as well as lots of other home games. They're looking forward to Man City, but they'll enjoy Sheffield away just as much.
aderyn1927

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

CF3BLUE wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but didn't get one this year. I have attended most home matches anyway, but no season ticket therefore I am not eligible for a cup ticket. 14,000 odd season ticket holders can buy a spare one and hand to someone who hasn't been before, or rarely attends, but fancies watching Sergio Aguero for a nice day out. Is this system fair?

I'm the same as you but unfortunately it's fair.

The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

I've got to wait until Sunday, people say don't worry but until it's in my hand I will.

Let's have no more threads about lack of crowds after this match as supporters are part of the problem in getting the spare ticket. You also have the loss of possible fans who couldn't get a ticket who watch home/away games by other means.

Hopefully everyone will get a ticket, if not no more stupid threads on lack of crowds, you've been warned!
Pulisnewport

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

I've got to wait until Sunday, people say don't worry but until it's in my hand I will.

Let's have no more threads about lack of crowds after this match as supporters are part of the problem in getting the spare ticket. You also have the loss of possible fans who couldn't get a ticket who watch home/away games by other means.

Hopefully everyone will get a ticket, if not no more stupid threads on lack of crowds, you've been warned!

agree....i also think its fair...
but maybe not the best for the club.
dogfound

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Another mate has told me that the club are asking for a fan number to get the extra ticket??

Fingers crossed it all works out!!
Pulisnewport

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Another mate has told me that the club are asking for a fan number to get the extra ticket??

No fan number required for extra tix. Bought the 2 extra on 2 STs and not asked for fan numbers for the extras.
piledriver64

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

No fan number required for extra tix. Bought the 2 extra on 2 STs and not asked for fan numbers for the extras.

Ah well fingers still crossed
Pulisnewport

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am

Pulisnewport wrote:The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

Why's that not fair? At the start of the season I paid for a season ticket which gives me the right to purchase 2 tickets for the cup games. I was given this option knowing that if I purchased 2 tickets I would decide who goes to the game. If that happens to be a friend who only goes once a season or someone who goes to 15 games, that's up to me to distribute that ticket as I see fit.

If you bought a season ticket you're entitled to tickets for this game on a first come first serve basis. If you used to have a season ticket but not any more you're not entitled to a ticket until they go on sale in the bracket that you qualify for.

Seems fair enough to me :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Yeah I think its fair, if you don't buy a season ticket you know the risk. People that went to the previous cup game also deserve it. I didn't get a season ticket for a few years but understood the risk. Someone will always feel hard done by,
2blue2handle

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:18 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

Why's that not fair? At the start of the season I paid for a season ticket which gives me the right to purchase 2 tickets for the cup games. I was given this option knowing that if I purchased 2 tickets I would decide who goes to the game. If that happens to be a friend who only goes once a season or someone who goes to 15 games, that's up to me to distribute that ticket as I see fit.

If you bought a season ticket you're entitled to tickets for this game on a first come first serve basis. If you used to have a season ticket but not any more you're not entitled to a ticket until they go on sale in the bracket that you qualify for.

Your opinion.

Just don't be one of those who moans about lack of crowds, if and when crowds fall, if they do.

You'll be part of the cause, your choice yes and if the club don't get it right you'll have to put up with it.
Pulisnewport

Postby CF3BLUE » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Are you a traffic warden?
CF3BLUE

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Are you a traffic warden?

Wish I was and I'd make sure it was paid on commission!!!
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Just don't be one of those who moans about lack of crowds, if and when crowds fall, if they do.

You'll be part of the cause, your choice yes and if the club don't get it right you'll have to put up with it.

this doesnt make any sense
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Not that bright??
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Not that bright??

yeah, nothing wrong with your self-awareness it seems
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Not that bright??

The thread was started and asked if it was fair??

It's my opinion no need to get on your high horse!

Personally I don't think it's a perfect situation as long as people are fickle and given the cream with the cake, so to speak. They will do as they please.
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Not that bright??

Personally I don't think it's a perfect situation as long as people are fickle and given the cream with the cake, so to speak. They will do as they please.

accusing me of getting on my high horse after accusing me of not being bright? :laughing6:

and also stating that if the crowds started falling, it would be that guys fault for not giving the ticket to a "die hard" fan :sleepy2:

Also, should add... if we only give tickets to those who go to games regularly then there wouldnt be 20k of us there :thumbup:
paulh_85

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

:lol: quite the opposite mate, sick to death of those crowd threads. Complaining on a message board where 99% of regular posters go to games isn't gonna change anything. If you do try and get a ticket good luck and enjoy the game. If not, you knew the risks when you didn't buy a season ticket so don't be annoyed that I bought a ticket for my friend :ayatollah:
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm

U
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

Not that bright??

accusing me of getting on my high horse after accusing me of not being bright? :laughing6:

and also stating that if the crowds started falling, it would be that guys fault for not giving the ticket to a "die hard" fan :sleepy2:

Also, should add... if we only give tickets to those who go to games regularly then there wouldnt be 20k of us there :thumbup:

Cap fits? Wear it!

Just another opinion that the extra ticket may give us a full stadium but might also mean fans who couldn't secure one for whatever means might mean they won't go again.

What is for sure the extra tickets given out won't bring the new mate to watch Bolton on a Tuesday night, that's a fact.
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm

and it wont make the person who couldnt be bothered to go to other matches turn up either :lol:

blaming someone for potential lower crowd numbers for giving out a ticket is laughable, perhaps your just thinking about your own situation here i dunno?
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Your opinion.

:lol: quite the opposite mate, sick to death of those crowd threads. Complaining on a message board where 99% of regular posters go to games isn't gonna change anything. If you do try and get a ticket good luck and enjoy the game. If not, you knew the risks when you didn't buy a season ticket so don't be annoyed that I bought a ticket for my friend :ayatollah:

I won't mate, glad you got some. I'll wait until Sunday and see how it goes and yes I know the pit falls of not having a ST.

Should be a great match enjoy it.
Pulisnewport

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Course it isn’t fair but what system would be?

If you went to Mansfield you could have got a ticket.
maccydee

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:and it wont make the person who couldnt be bothered to go to other matches turn up either :lol:

blaming someone for potential lower crowd numbers for giving out a ticket is laughable, perhaps your just thinking about your own situation here i dunno?

Actually I've attended 10 matches inc the Mansfield one sat in various areas of the ground and been at the Captains lounge for 3.

ST not viable for me, no other reason
Pulisnewport

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

I think to be fair, the +1 going with the season ticket holder should have to provide evidence that a certain number of games has been attended this season. Otherwise, there is the potential that 14,000 plastics will be there for this one game where many proper fans who don’t have a season ticket because of living/working away miss out.

I spoke to some City fans from Nottingham up Mansfield Tuesday, who go to as many games as they can, but didn’t get a season ticket because they were unsure at the start of the season how many home games they could attend because of living away, circumstances etc. Those people deserve a ticket, but they probably won’t be able to get one.

So to answer the question, no it’s definitely not fair.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

maccydee wrote:Course it isn’t fair but what system would be?

If you went to Mansfield you could have got a ticket.

I did and have to wait until Sunday but you work out the maths.
Pulisnewport

Next

Return to General Chat