Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Bad News / Sean Morrison & Danny Ward '

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am

Neil Warnock Injury update

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Morrison will be out, I think he’ll miss a few games, with an adductor problem around the groin area."

"Not serious, but he’s gone down for oxygen. Over the last few weeks I haven’t really risked anyone if it might damage it long-term. Knowing him I know he wants to play but with the Bolton game and the Christmas games we need to give him every opportunity. But I keep saying that and we keep getting more injuries.”

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

"Danny Ward has had an operation so he’ll be out for a few weeks. It’s the side of his knee. We don’t know the time limit yet, the surgeon is going to give us an idea soon.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Bad News / Sean Morrison & Danny Ward '

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock Injury update

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Morrison will be out, I think he’ll miss a few games, with an adductor problem around the groin area."

"Not serious, but he’s gone down for oxygen. Over the last few weeks I haven’t really risked anyone if it might damage it long-term. Knowing him I know he wants to play but with the Bolton game and the Christmas games we need to give him every opportunity. But I keep saying that and we keep getting more injuries.”

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

"Danny Ward has had an operation so he’ll be out for a few weeks. It’s the side of his knee. We don’t know the time limit yet, the surgeon is going to give us an idea soon.”

Hopefully with Morrison's injury it will end Warnocks ludicrous experiment of playing Manga at fullback

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am

angelis1949 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

Hopefully with Morrison's injury it will end Warnocks ludicrous experiment of playing Manga at fullback

It wasn't ludicrous because at the time Pelts, Jazz and Paterson where all unavailable and Bruno did s great job in the first few games.

Last 2 games he has come up against 2 flyers and most full backs would have struggled

But it is obvious he is a better centre back than full back and hopefully he will prove it tomorrow

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

It wasn't ludicrous because at the time Pelts, Jazz and Paterson where all unavailable and Bruno did s great job in the first few games.

Last 2 games he has come up against 2 flyers and most full backs would have struggled

But it is obvious he is a better centre back than full back and hopefully he will prove it tomorrow

I think you will find Warnock had options at fullback on the bench when we played Norwich and Reading but he stubbornly persisted with Manga at fullback,absolutely bizarre

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I think you will find Warnock had options at fullback on the bench when we played Norwich and Reading but he stubbornly persisted with Manga at fullback,absolutely bizarre

Manga was a stop gap at right back and did well to begin with. He has struggled it the past 2 games when up against very fast and tricky wingers.

The options that NW had weren't a lot better. Peltier is just plain awful and I have no doubt he would have struggled as badly as Manga did. Connelly could have played but his match fitness must be in doubt. Paterson has been filling in at right midfield and wasn't available.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I think you will find Warnock had options at fullback on the bench when we played Norwich and Reading but he stubbornly persisted with Manga at fullback,absolutely bizarre

Manga was a stop gap at right back and did well to begin with. He has struggled it the past 2 games when up against very fast and tricky wingers.

The options that NW had weren't a lot better. Peltier is just plain awful and I have no doubt he would have struggled as badly as Manga did. Connelly could have played but his match fitness must be in doubt. Paterson has been filling in at right midfield and wasn't available.

what? :lol:

pelts is the best defensive full back at the club

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

what? :lol:

pelts is the best defensive full back at the club

Totally agree! Going forward Pelts is average but he is an absolute rock at the back!!! I am very happy to see him there ahead of Manga. Bruno is however a top class centre back and I'm really excited to see him and Big Sol together!

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

As bad as this is, Manga can slot back into CB..

To PaulMillar do you play Ward as a CM then?

You play your players in their best positions, we had an option for full back in all the games you mentioned.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:As bad as this is, Manga can slot back into CB..

To PaulMillar do you play Ward as a CM then?

You play your players in their best positions, we had an option for full back in all the games you mentioned.

Dando I think you will find that indeed Ward did play in midfield for Rotherham on a few occasions as a stop gap

But I take your point it is best to play players in their natural positions, but at the time I think Warnock thought that Manga was our best option at full back and for a couple of games it did work

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:31 pm

I disagree Peltier is an excellent defensive full back. He makes it look easy which means he doesn’t get noticed. His positioning and jockeying of wingers more than makes up for his lack of pace. He’s not the best going forward (but on Monday we needed to defend) but then again neither is Manga good going forward. His distribution is crap and he panics if he’s given time to think.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

I disagree Peltier is an excellent defensive full back. He makes it look easy which means he doesn’t get noticed. His positioning and jockeying of wingers more than makes up for his lack of pace. He’s not the best going forward (but on Monday we needed to defend) but then again neither is Manga good going forward. His distribution is crap and he panics if he’s given time to think.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 pm

How are we 2nd with this injury list and budget!??

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 pm

i agree about pelts..the best you can say about him is he tries hard.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

I think you will find Warnock had options at fullback on the bench when we played Norwich and Reading but he stubbornly persisted with Manga at fullback,absolutely bizarre

Bizarre possibly, but we beat Norwich home and drew with Reading away. I think most would have said 4 points from those games was perfectly acceptable a couple of weeks back.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:11 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward update

Neil Warnock:

yes he did..think it speaks volumes myself.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm

We need Bolge to have a good game. Only other striker we have is Fred, God help us. Play Manga at CB and Pelts at FB. Patterson up front if Bogle is taken off.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Disagree with this, Peltier is a very solid defender he's just not great at going forward. He's also a great leader.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Bluesman wrote:We need Bolge to have a good game. Only other striker we have is Fred, God help us. Play Manga at CB and Pelts at FB. Patterson up front if Bogle is taken off.

Ye and etheridge on the wing

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Bluesman wrote:We need Bolge to have a good game. Only other striker we have is Fred, God help us. Play Manga at CB and Pelts at FB. Patterson up front if Bogle is taken off.

No we don’t. Fred is injured again and out for another 3 months at least. If anything happens to Bogle then I believe Paterson is next in line to play up front.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:19 am

bluebird58 wrote:

No we don’t. Fred is injured again and out for another 3 months at least. If anything happens to Bogle then I believe Paterson is next in line to play up front.

Hoillet can also play up front, or Pilkington if his back is OK

Healey is playing again now, but Mark Harris went off injured in Monday's under 23 game

Kadeem Harris could be on the bench today

Just hope a few return for the busy Christmas break.