Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK's REQUEST...

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Neil Warnock's bizarre revelation (on sky sports):

Neil Warnock, who has had managerial spells at Rotherham United, QPR, Crystal Palace and Leeds United in recent years, made a bizarre revelation while speaking on Sky Sports.

The controversial figure, knows for his attack on referees and fiery temper, said upon his death he wants a minute's booing from fans up and down the country.

"When I pass away, I don't want clapping or a minute's silence, I want a minute's booing at Bristol City," joked the veteran boss. :lol:

Re: WARNOCK's REQUEST...

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Sven wrote:Neil Warnock's bizarre revelation (on sky sports):

Neil Warnock, who has had managerial spells at Rotherham United, QPR, Crystal Palace and Leeds United in recent years, made a bizarre revelation while speaking on Sky Sports.

The controversial figure, knows for his attack on referees and fiery temper, said upon his death he wants a minute's booing from fans up and down the country.

"When I pass away, I don't want clapping or a minute's silence, I want a minute's booing at Bristol City," joked the veteran boss. :lol:

Chris, you've just got to love the man :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The guy is a legend, Annis :notworthy:

He was respected by most City supporters long before he arrived at the CCS and his wicked cutting sense of humour has always been there...unless your name is Steven Gerrard, of course! LOL :thumbright: :laughing6:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The guy is a legend, Annis :notworthy:

He was respected by most City supporters long before he arrived at the CCS and his wicked cutting sense of humour has always been there...unless your name is Steven Gerrard, of course! LOL :thumbright: :laughing6:

Chris for many many years, Warnock has been one of my favourite managers, for his passion and straight talking :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:28 pm

I thought his appearance on Goals on Sunday was really entertaining but also,you could see why he's so good at this level. His passion for the game, his experience and his style in how to handle different players in different ways,is a huge plus for us. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm sure Bristol City fans will be happy to oblige.I thought he was very amusing with some of his comments.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

avondaleblue wrote:I'm sure Bristol City fans will be happy to oblige.I thought he was very amusing with some of his comments.

It's hard to tell whether Bristol City fans are booing the away team or their own team theses days! LOL :laughing6: :lol:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:09 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock wants 'a minute's booing' at football grounds when he dies

BY: DOMINIC BOOTH, MARK DOUGLAS09:23, 20 FEB 2017

Neil Warnock spoke extensively about Kenneth Zohore on Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday

The Bluebirds boss made remark on Sky Sports' programme goals on Sunday

Neil Warnock has joked that he wants a minute's booing at all the clubs that love to hate him when he passes away.

The Cardiff City boss made the remark while appearing on Goals on Sunday as he looked back on his eventful and lively 37-year managerial career.

Warnock also spoke extensively about red-hot striker Kenneth Zohore , as well as other topics including the Championship promotion race and his relationship with Bluebirds' chiefs Ken Choo, Mehmet Dalman and Vincent Tan.

But he also showed a nice line in self-deprecating humour when he told hosts Ben Shepherd and Chris Kamara that rather than a minute’s applause, he wants to be remembered in a different way.

"When I pass away, I don't want clapping or a minute's silence, I want a minute's booing at Bristol City," joked the veteran boss.

The remark stems from Warnock's divisive reputation around the country.

Neil Warnock gave Cardiff City's 'secret weapon' Kenneth Zohore a brutal ultimatum after branding striker a 'disgrace'
Huw Evans Picture Agency

Plymouth Argyle fans are loving Matty Kennedy as Neil Warnock proves prophetic with 'set the league alight' prediction

He has certainly not been afraid to ruffle feathers at various clubs. He once famously said he’d like to take over at Sheffield Wednesday – just so that he could get them deliberately relegated.

And in spells at Huddersfield, Scarborough, QPR and Sheffield United he made a few enemies.

Yet Warnock's popularity at Cardiff City Stadium is sky-high, after leading the Bluebirds to three wins in a week, culminating in a 5-0 thrashing of former club Rotherham at the weekend.

The Bluebirds boss also rubbished claims Cardiff could make a late surge for the play-offs, playing down those hopes despite a remarkable run of form in recent weeks.

Cardiff sit 12th in the Championship, 13 points off the top six.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 am

If he hadn't made it as a football manager he'd have surely made it as a stand up comedian :lol: