Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the sad demise of a once great club

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 pm

I have supported Cardiff city since the 1960s and cant believe how we have gone so far downhill in the last couple of years.can we do what Swansea has done and rise to become a great club again? :old:

Re: the sad demise of a once great club

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:10 pm

darboy wrote:I have supported Cardiff city since the 1960s and cant believe how we have gone so far downhill in the last couple of years.can we do what Swansea has done and rise to become a great club again? :old:

Doubt you've supported us since the 60s if you think this is the worst it's been.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
darboy wrote:I have supported Cardiff city since the 1960s and cant believe how we have gone so far downhill in the last couple of years.can we do what Swansea has done and rise to become a great club again? :old:

Doubt you've supported us since the 60s if you think this is the worst it's been.

Forget 60s, been watching us since 85 and this is water of a ducks back. I remember watching us as a kid getting thumped 7-1 at home, was it Cambridge or Oxford?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 pm

Great club? When? Have I missed something. Last trophy 1927. Last successful season in the top flight 1954.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:28 pm

skiprat wrote:Great club? When? Have I missed something. Last trophy 1927. Last successful season in the top flight 1954.

The club has been a badly run business for years.....

:bluebird:

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 pm

I was thinking that! LOL :lol:

City have taken 10 paces forward and only a couple back since the initial 'renaissance' under Sam

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:49 am

Never been a great club in the true sense of the word "great" but its not dire yet as there's still time to change things around(and I don't mean just this season).There's loads of people on here that seem to get off on the "trouble at Mill"syndrome and your right up there with the best of them. In fact, you are one of the(dare I say it) "greats" :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 pm

I've been following the city since the late seventies and we have been alot worse than we are at the moment. For some reason posters on here believe that it was great years ago and how the life and soul has been ripped out of the club - load of Bollox. Move on ffs and stop spreading lies of how it was great "in the good old days".

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Thank goodness for the previous two posts. Exactly what I was thinking.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:39 pm

I've seen on the pitch far worse seasons than this seasons,try being near the bottom of Division 4 and there for 9 years.

Off the field I the Rebrand is by far the worse we have ever been a a club.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:51 pm

5-0 home defeat against Maidstone... Maidstone shortly afterwards went bust... Dah, those were the days eh

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Stringfellow wrote:

Forget 60s, been watching us since 85 and this is water of a ducks back. I remember watching us as a kid getting thumped 7-1 at home, was it Cambridge or Oxford?

Cambridge ,Sure it was 2-7. I remember singing 5 more we only need 5 more.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Mike TV wrote:5-0 home defeat against Maidstone... Maidstone shortly afterwards went bust... Dah, those were the days eh

I remember very well, but our fans stuck together, would not of sold our Souls, We were Proud fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Unless you are 100 years old we've always been shit. Apart from the odd bit of glory.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mike TV wrote:5-0 home defeat against Maidstone... Maidstone shortly afterwards went bust... Dah, those were the days eh

I remember very well, but our fans stuck together, would not of sold our Souls, We were Proud fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Exactly! Far worse team but we were known for our loyal, proud fans. Massive shame. :roll: