Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pilkinton and Lawrence upfront?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:42 pm

I think we are going to struggle to score with those two upfront.

Re: Pilkinton and Lawrence upfront?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:47 pm

I agree with you but neither player is a natural goal scoring striker.

Pilks has intelligent movement and I feel that he's actually made more of a contribution up front than in midfield this season. Lawrence is a young man who has undoubted potential but has not shown any sign that he could be prolific.

What worries me is that we seem to have wasted another transfer window without getting in the striker that we need.

Zohore must be awful in training if Slade puts Macheda on the field ahead of him yesterday.

I honestly don't think Slade had any real say in the signing of Immers and Zohore. If he really wanted those players then surely they would be given more of a chance than they have to date.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:53 pm

davids wrote:I agree with you but neither player is a natural goal scoring striker.

Pilks has intelligent movement and I feel that he's actually made more of a contribution up front than in midfield this season. Lawrence is a young man who has undoubted potential but has not shown any sign that he could be prolific.

What worries me is that we seem to have wasted another transfer window without getting in the striker that we need.

Zohore must be awful in training if Slade puts Macheda on the field ahead of him yesterday.

I honestly don't think Slade had any real say in the signing of Immers and Zohore. If he really wanted those players then surely they would be given more of a chance than they have to date.

Hope they are not a couple of Velikonja signings where they are signed and not seen they are on the bench at least so maybe Slade is waiting for them to get up to speed with the championship its only been a couple of games hopefully they will be involved more I'd have Zohore or Saadi ahead of Pilkington at the minute.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 pm

I understand that the offer for Joe Mason was good in business terms but what good has it done the team. I mean are we actually looking to get promoted or not? If we are then what exactly is the plan? Surely the plan wasn't to sell the only player at the club that looks anywhere near capable of scoring regularly and instead playing two attacking midfielders up front. I like both Pilkington and Lawrence but surely if you have any aspirations about going up you have to have an actual centre forward on the pitch.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:14 pm

harold pinta wrote:I understand that the offer for Joe Mason was good in business terms but what good has it done the team. I mean are we actually looking to get promoted or not? If we are then what exactly is the plan? Surely the plan wasn't to sell the only player at the club that looks anywhere near capable of scoring regularly and instead playing two attacking midfielders up front. I like both Pilkington and Lawrence but surely if you have any aspirations about going up you have to have an actual centre forward on the pitch.

I don't understand why Zohore wasn't played yesterday he was supposed to be Mason's replacement and we have got Saadi coming back and either those two should replace Pilks.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
harold pinta wrote:I understand that the offer for Joe Mason was good in business terms but what good has it done the team. I mean are we actually looking to get promoted or not? If we are then what exactly is the plan? Surely the plan wasn't to sell the only player at the club that looks anywhere near capable of scoring regularly and instead playing two attacking midfielders up front. I like both Pilkington and Lawrence but surely if you have any aspirations about going up you have to have an actual centre forward on the pitch.

I don't understand why Zohore wasn't played yesterday he was supposed to be Mason's replacement and we have got Saadi coming back and either those two should replace Pilks.

For the second game in a row when Macheda was brought on I looked around to see people with confused looks on thier faces. What has he done to deserve being on the pitch? Why buy Zohore and not use him in a situation like we found ourselves in on Saturday? It's exasperating.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:30 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

For the second game in a row when Macheda was brought on I looked around to see people with confused looks on thier faces. What has he done to deserve being on the pitch? Why buy Zohore and not use him in a situation like we found ourselves in on Saturday? It's exasperating.

That is a concern. :?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:11 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I think we are going to struggle to score with those two upfront.

Exacly.

But slade thinks they are like benzema and ronaldo upfront, slade is dillusional

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:57 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think we are going to struggle to score with those two upfront.

Exacly.

But slade thinks they are like benzema and ronaldo upfront, slade is dillusional

Hope Slade has learnt that Pilkington is not the answer.