Slade "More Ruthless & On Another Day,We would of "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:57 am

By Nathan Staples

November 29 2015

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade felt that his side need to be more ruthless after the club drew 2-2 against Burnley at the Cardiff City Stadium.

The Bluebirds forfeited a two goal lead in the final five minutes and with five goals in eight games, Slade admits that their attacking play needs to improve. The 55-year-old said: "I thought we were a threat in open play. We have just got to be more ruthless in the box. content continues after the advert "I thought we were creating chances, even in the second half I think [Joe] Mason went through once or twice.

On another day, we would probably finish those. "We have got to be scoring more goals when we get those opportunities in open play. It is really really hard to take. We were the better side for long periods and the better side did not win."

The result saw Cardiff remain 10th in the Championship table but the club are just two points off the playoff places
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Slade "More Ruthless & On Another Day,We would of "

Postby bluespeers » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 am

The board need to be more Ruthless and get rid of the Joker, we were cruising yesterday against a very poor Burnley side :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:36 am

I thought we played well. Slade couldn't do much else apart from maybe bring Manga on for Jones and gone 5 at the back or midfield, but then that would be wrong for inviting them on.
gwentbluebirds

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:41 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:I thought we played well. Slade couldn't do much else apart from maybe bring Manga on for Jones and gone 5 at the back or midfield, but then that would be wrong for inviting them on.

Should have brought Kennedy on in place of Watt and let him run at the defence :sladeout:
Pulisnewport

Postby norms76 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote: "I thought we were creating chances, even in the second half I think [Joe] Mason went through once or twice".

That's the problem Russ, Mason needs 5/6 chances to put one away. I hope Watt can do the business in his 8 weeks here and Saadi hopefully can show us more of what little we seen. (If we ever see him again this season).

Mason needs a few more games on the bench.
norms76

Postby bluemun » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:54 am

Slade could've fixed it in the last 15mins. You didn't need to be a Klopp to see that everything they did to damage us was down their right. Malone was getting pulled inside leaving Whitts slow and exposed. Kennedy should've been on and a five man midfield played with one up front. Slade can't respond during matches tactically.
bluemun

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:By Nathan Staples

November 29 2015

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade felt that his side need to be more ruthless after the club drew 2-2 against Burnley at the Cardiff City Stadium.

The Bluebirds forfeited a two goal lead in the final five minutes and with five goals in eight games, Slade admits that their attacking play needs to improve. The 55-year-old said: "I thought we were a threat in open play. We have just got to be more ruthless in the box. content continues after the advert "I thought we were creating chances, even in the second half I think [Joe] Mason went through once or twice.

On another day, we would probably finish those. "We have got to be scoring more goals when we get those opportunities in open play. It is really really hard to take. We were the better side for long periods and the better side did not win."

The result saw Cardiff remain 10th in the Championship table but the club are just two points off the playoff places

I hope the fans attending this meeting with Slade will ask questions about his late substitutions which in many fans opinions cost us 3 points on Saturday, or is it going to be a cosey love in with Slade
angelis1949

Postby buckleys brewery » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:17 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

November 29 2015

I hope the fans attending this meeting with Slade will ask questions about his late substitutions which in many fans opinions cost us 3 points on Saturday, or is it going to be a cosey love in with Slade

It'll be the same faces and the same tame questions.
buckleys brewery

Postby darran1927 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:38 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

November 29 2015

I think we all know that the people going will be falling head over heals for Slade, nothing bad will be said at all :sladeout:
darran1927

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:53 pm

The only other day we will be ruthless is the day Slade gets replaced
NIBluebird

Postby Occasional Violins » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 pm

"I thought we were a threat in open play" says Slade.

Both our goals were headers from set-pieces and to be fair we don't get enough bodies forward in open play to be any sort of serious threat.

How many goals have we scored from open play this season? :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Roberto1969Cardiff
Cardiff Goals and players from the past
Occasional Violins

Postby City Slicker » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

November 29 2015

And why he constantly finds the need to play Whittingham.
City Slicker

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:28 pm

We played very well yesterday for one good reason and something that Slade should of done from day 1 and that's play Ralls and Gunnar in midfield and make sure Connolly doesn't turn incompetent in the last few minutes of a game.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby avondaleblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Should have brought on Kennedy gone 5 in midfield, and get the ball to him to have a run at their defence to at least take some pressure off the defence. Might have even got a corner that we might have got a 3rd from to kill off Burnley
avondaleblue

Return to General Chat