Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' EOIN DOYLE SET TO JOIN '

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm

Good luck to him. Just one of those moves that didn't work out.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:27 pm

Should have been a six month loan to get match sharpness. This could come back to haunt us.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:05 pm

This could come back and haunt us

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 pm

carlccfc wrote:I would have liked to see City loan him out and not sell to another Championship club.

Me too. Thought he did enough end of last season to show he will score goals. Think he will score more than Mason at Preston

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Too old to loan out. Best we sell and recoup.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:This could come back and haunt us

Got that feeling as well. Best to loan him out, see how well he does in the championship and hopefully if he scores goals, should raise his value.

Re: ' EOIN DOYLE '

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Apparently Doyle has already stated he is not happy to Slade.

I said from day one bad signing by Slade,not good enough.

Not a bad signing at all. It's just a strange one, he scored plenty of goals at a lower level, 5 goals in 11 for us with 5 apps being off the bench. He's just been badly treated.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Hopefully we can get a stupid fee for Revell on deadline day and sell him, that would nice! :thumbup:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:20 am

5 goals in 11 sub appearance last season for us and people say he wasn't up to it. :lol:

We didnt have another striker with that rate yet there all up to it somehow :laughing6:

The boy wasn't started enough to even make a difference, why did slade sign him in the first place only to let him Rot away with ten minutes on the field when he did come for a rare outing

Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Too old to loan out. Best we sell and recoup.

No harm in loaning him out for the season even at 27, if he scores goals then his price increases, if he doesn't then we have hardly lost a fortune, most important at the moment is he gets games at this level and we take him off the wage bill :thumbup:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:42 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:5 goals in 11 sub appearance last season for us and people say he wasn't up to it. :lol:

We didnt have another striker with that rate yet there all up to it somehow :laughing6:

The boy wasn't started enough to even make a difference, why did slade sign him in the first place only to let him Rot away with ten minutes on the field when he did come for a rare outing

2 of those goals were penalties though, so that certainly helps with his strike rate.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 am

A bit disappointing, seemed to have a good attitude and keen to play, but let's not forget, Slade and the management team see him every day in training, good luck to him !!!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:5 goals in 11 sub appearance last season for us and people say he wasn't up to it. :lol:

According to soccerbase, he started 11 games with 5 sub appearances. In the games he started, he scored 4 goals, 2 of which were penalties (plus one goal off the bench).

His strike rate of 5 goals in 16 games is actually slightly worse than Jones' record of 11 goals in 34 games (25 starts, 9 sub appearances), and that includes 2 penalties.

He's a decent player, but I don't think his finishing is any better than Mason's. He's going to struggle to get game time with Jones/Mason/Saadi/Ameobi all ahead of him. 850k is basically what we paid for him, so to get our money back is decent given he hasn't really proven anything for us.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am

Good decision by the club in my opinion. Glad for Doyle as he should get some more game time and he has a good talent. I think he is just not quite good enough at the moment. Good luck to him and hope he does well (but not against us though). So we have Jones, Mason, Saadi, macheda and Revell. I wonder if we should look at loaning out or selling Macheda or Revell? Looks a good force to be reckoned with up front! As long as Jones can stay fit!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:18 am

I thought he cost less than £850,000 ?

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:This could come back and haunt us

Its a long season.

I agree.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:54 am

My mate is a Chesterfield fan and he said Doyle initially struggled with them. Said he's a fantastic player at adapting though and he was expecting big things from Doyle for us this season after he started to score at the end of last season. I'd still rather see him than Mason. He's no slower than Mason and has better finishing than him too.

Still, as has been said, it's up to the management and if he's not going to play then we might as well cut our losses.

Re: ' EOIN DOYLE '

Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Apparently Doyle has already stated he is not happy to Slade.

I said from day one bad signing by Slade,not good enough.

I was saying that too after I saw him at Hibs a few years ago. Very average even then in the SPL

Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:52 pm

very odd signing but wont complain if we are getting all the money back.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Will Preston want him they just signed Steve may from Sheffield Wednesday

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Seems things are starting to 'come together' for the City squad at the minute and a lot of the so-called deadwood (and I respectfully mean those who won't get a game under Russell Slade) has now been filtered out! :thumbup:

Important players have been retained (Marshall and Kenwyne) and new faces appear to have been well researched, e.g. in the case of Idriss Saado, who has been tipped to be an even bigger success than the impressive Bruno Manga! ;)

Good luck to Doyle wherever he ends up. Couldn't fault his effort for Cardiff City FC and wish him well :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162312

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Why are we not trying to get rid of one of our high earners, like Macheda. I would rather keep Doyle over Macheda, any day of the week. I would also prefer us to move on Revell, instead of Doyle. At least Doyle scores goals for us, Revell for all his hard work does not score enough.

Bloooooobirds.