Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' KEVIN NOLAN '

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:45 am

Manager Russell Slade says Cardiff City are not close to signing free agent Kevin Nolan.

BBC

Sat 29th August 2015

The 33-year-old midfielder has left West Ham United by mutual consent after four years at the Premier League club.
Slade says any potential signings have to "fit in" with their philosophy.

"I think Kevin Nolan is a very good player," said Slade. "But there are lots of very good players that have been put our way as possibilities but they have to fit in."
"They have to fit in with what we're trying to do both financially and from a playing side."

When directly asked if the former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United midfielder was close to a move to the Bluebirds, Slade responded: "Not that I know of."

Re: ' KEVIN NOLAN '

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 am

Kevin Nolan on Talk Sport Yest

Hes quoted on a talksport interview saying he is doing whats best for his family and is looking to stay in london

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:31 am

Said the same thing about Tamas last week I seem to remember Annis, hopefully he's bluffing again. ;)

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:42 am

Nolan stated he wants to stay in London, but that limits the clubs that could afford to take him,. It's not far up the M4 :laughing6:

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 am

Sunderland bound if you read the gossip columns

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:24 am

I wonder if it's worth putting a couple of pounds on him going to Fulham or QPR. Not sure what the odds are though.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:54 am

Sunderland are interested in signing ex-Newcastle skipper Kevin Nolan, 33, who is a free agent after being released by West Advocaat will risk the wrath of Sunderland supporters to get his man.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 am

There is no chance of this happening we are trying to cut the wage bill, he's not going to be on less than £25k a week.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:03 am

He'd do well at Watford

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:54 am

Odds are back on for Nolan to Cardiff :o :bluebird:

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:39 pm

It ain't happening.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Guaranteed he will end up at QPR. I thought they couldn't sign any more players though. This rule seems to have a mind of its own and some teams seem exempt from it!!

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Speculation.....nobody ever knows,although some people think they do.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:31 pm

We all know what he can do to the opposition be a quality signing can't see it though :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Sunderland bound if you read the gossip columns

North London :old:

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Igovernor wrote:Nolan stated he wants to stay in London, but that limits the clubs that could afford to take him,. It's not far up the M4 :laughing6:

But QPR is a lot nearer