Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How long until the knives are out?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:35 am

How long before I hear echoes of booing around the stadium this year?

Can't see it being more than 5/6 games myself my from me id be happy with mid table another summer clear out and go again

We've still got too many on the books need more cuts to playing squad

I would be over the moon if we are in with play off chance come close to season end

But like I say most here didn't want slade from day one so even after 10 games if we are top 8 it won't be enough for some that think we are Barcelona

Re: How long until the knives are out?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:21 am

It's a results industry

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:34 am

Id give it til half time saturday before people winge

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:41 am

lewispenarth wrote:Id give it til half time saturday before people winge

Nah a bit longer until after game! :laughing6:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 am

Its not the results its the type of football that Slade introduced.

October's will give us a good indicator but cant continue to watch the style he introduced last season.

If you pay you have a say!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:18 am

NIBluebird wrote:Its not the results its the type of football that Slade introduced.

October's will give us a good indicator but cant continue to watch the style he introduced last season.

It was no worse than mr fist pump yet everyone got hard over him

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 am

NIBluebird wrote:Its not the results its the type of football that Slade introduced.

There wasn't a style. How can u introduce a style when you're asked to get rid of 10 players. He chose le fondre and Kenwyne as his strikers but they were both taken at separate points. Connolly taken at a random point too. Try getting a rhythm and a style of play when that's happening

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:36 am

3 games.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:51 am

5 minutes in. A player will give the ball away and it'll be Slade's fault for not using mind control to ensure the pass reached its recipient. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:

There wasn't a style. How can u introduce a style when you're asked to get rid of 10 players. He chose le fondre and Kenwyne as his strikers but they were both taken at separate points. Connolly taken at a random point too. Try getting a rhythm and a style of play when that's happening

Well now he,s had time and brought players in , looking forward to Slade changing team around and playing attacking football

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:08 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:

Yeah it was a lot worse last season! Malky might not have had us playing vintage football week in week out but in the Championship you can't argue with his record :lol:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:09 pm

By the way I reckon first 5 games or so and if it doesn't go well then Russell will be under a fair amount of pressure :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:38 pm

balkanblue wrote:5 minutes in. A player will give the ball away and it'll be Slade's fault for not using mind control to ensure the pass reached its recipient. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surely it is the managers system to blame if we average around 35% possession? if you came to our games you would see that before the match all the defenders practice is hoofing it to one another. slade has made it clear he doesnt want us to have possession but get the ball forward as quickly as possible.

slade will be gone before 10 games unless we get an unexpectedly good start IMO.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:11 pm

I hope there won't be any knives coming out this season because it just affects confidence on the pitch and I think we will do very well this season under Slade. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm

lewispenarth wrote:Id give it til half time saturday before people winge

This^^^^ Ross and Gayle upfront together, could be a hard day at the office for our static defence.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:24 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
balkanblue wrote:5 minutes in. A player will give the ball away and it'll be Slade's fault for not using mind control to ensure the pass reached its recipient. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surely it is the managers system to blame if we average around 35% possession? if you came to our games you would see that before the match all the defenders practice is hoofing it to one another. slade has made it clear he doesnt want us to have possession but get the ball forward as quickly as possible.

slade will be gone before 10 games unless we get an unexpectedly good start IMO.

How can I go to games when I live on the other side of the continent and I'm extremely busy? Don't be daft. Furthermore, even if I was in Cardiff I wouldn't go to the games anyway because I want Tan out.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 pm

:lol: :lol: this, OGS didn't improve our football either.

I have given Slade a clean slate and will judge after 6-8 games now that's he's had his chance over the summer to shape the squad how he wants.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:

Well now he,s had time and brought players in , looking forward to Slade changing team around and playing attacking football

Agreed. I'm fully behind him

Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I hope there won't be any knives coming out this season because it just affects confidence on the pitch and I think we will do very well this season under Slade. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

I Dont :sladeout:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:01 pm

drivingblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I hope there won't be any knives coming out this season because it just affects confidence on the pitch and I think we will do very well this season under Slade. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

:x :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
drivingblue wrote:

:roll: :sladeout: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:17 pm

drivingblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
drivingblue wrote:

:roll: :sladeout: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

:roll: :sladein: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 am

Probably because he was our most successful manager in modern history and his players always gave 100%.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 am

The football on show under Slade was a lot, lot worse than under Mackay.
It wasn't dead exciting but there was a structure, plan and every player played for the shirt. Under Slade it was utterly boring, park type football of hit the channels and hope.
Didn't see fans leaving in their thousands half way through the second have during Mackays reign as what happened last season.
Saying that, I'm backing Slade for now and hoping he can turn it around.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Quicker than even I imagined

f**k me some fickle wankers on here

Unbeaten away from home 3 tough games to start the campaign and arguably should have beaten QPR away I'd have bitten your hand off for a point at loftus road start of the season

Likewise a point away to Blackburn

And In fairness a home game against Fulham I wouldn't have been confident of 3 points

So will I take 3 points from 2 away games and 1 home game

Yes I will

I saw a thread saying we'd be lucky to get 5/6 points from our first 10 games and some even quoted losing the first 3 games well we haven't lost one of them yet granted we haven't won but what would you rather 2 losses away and 1 home win or 3 draws unbeaten and the confidence building around the squad

I know which I prefer roll on wolves Saturday another tough game but then none are easy in this division

Why not support the team for 90 minutes and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is Cardiff City you never know you might just get back to enjoying football again rather than moaning for 75 minutes and leaving earlier cos you need to 'beat the traffic'