Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY STADIUM LAST NIGHT "

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 am

Cardiff City season ticket holders were invited in free and there are 10,000 of them. The official attendance was 5,630. :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY STADIUM LAST NIGHT "

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:43 am

The ones that did not bother missed a good game :thumbup:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:07 am

Would've gone but had a 16 hour shift! :bluescarf: :(

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 am

These negative postings are starting to get a bit embarrassing now.

OUR team had a good run out last night and played pretty well, it was there for all who attended to see.

Don't get me wrong, that was no real madrid we played last night, but it was a team that came second in our division last season with a few quality additions.

I can see it was a bit of a struggle to find anything negative about last night as this has been posted the next day. Had we lost last night we would have had the usual postings containing

Useless
no fight
clueless
:oops:
:sladeout:
:shock:

But no, it was a good crowd supporting the team. Even when the rain came it didn't bother us in the "cheap seats" .
Even Dai Hunt's halftime fight with a seagull was fun!

It doesn't bother me how many were there last night. I was and so were over 5000 others. The crowds will only grow with good results on the pitch. The off pitch issues are getting better so there can be no excuses why this season won't be a successful one.

We need to get behind OUR team and OUR club or we'll go nowhere.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:36 am

Very well played last night. I thought we were bournemouth the way we were passing the ball. Great display and not hoofball. Play like that every game and we will do well. And one more thing joe mason wow hes on form look out

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 am

Mr Shed wrote:These negative postings are starting to get a bit embarrassing now.

OUR team had a good run out last night and played pretty well, it was there for all who attended to see.

Don't get me wrong, that was no real madrid we played last night, but it was a team that came second in our division last season with a few quality additions.

I can see it was a bit of a struggle to find anything negative about last night as this has been posted the next day. Had we lost last night we would have had the usual postings containing

Useless
no fight
clueless

But no, it was a good crowd supporting the team. Even when the rain came it didn't bother us in the "cheap seats" .

It doesn't bother me how many were there last night. I was and so were over 5000 others. The crowds will only grow with good results on the pitch. The off pitch issues are getting better so there can be no excuses why this season won't be a successful one.

Seems like Santa Ponsa has been appointed the 'Messenger of Doom' by the Forum Leader :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:40 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:These negative postings are starting to get a bit embarrassing now.

Useless
no fight
clueless

Seems like Santa Ponsa has been appointed the 'Messenger of Doom' by the Forum Leader :lol: :lol:
pmsl

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 am

Is that a bad attendance for a midweek friendly ?
Especially during holiday season ? With virtually no away fans.

It's not a lot different to what we had v Bournemouth in the League Cup 3 rd round last season.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 am

Apparently thousands protested like the Colchester game but to bring red back

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:27 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Apparently thousands protested like the Colchester game but to bring red back

Some people are never happy :x :x

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 am

The youth of today, always looking on the downside :D

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:44 am

Useless
no fight
clueless

Top post!

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:59 am

neilst wrote:Very well played last night. I thought we were bournemouth

Funny how football moves on now we are striving to be the next Bournemouth lol :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Useless
no fight
clueless

We are football fans so in our DNA runs the fickle gene. I'm no different I'll slag them off when they lose and sign up to any club related rubbish when we win.

That's the way its always been.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:02 pm

it was a pretty boring game but to be honest you expect that from a friendly. players can't go gung ho with challenges and get injured its about the team getting ready for the season.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 pm

EbbwBluebird98 wrote:
CardiffCityBlue wrote:Apparently thousands protested like the Colchester game but to bring red back

Some people are never happy :x :x

:lol: there wasn't really a protest

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 pm

I think it goes to show one of the main reasons why season ticket sales are down .

Midweek games are hard to get to for a lot of people wether it be because of work commitments or travel issues . With the price of season tickets this season , if you miss one or two home games then the season ticket is not worth it. Seeing as we have 5/6 midweek home games this season already , add the ones which will be moved due to cup runs or fixture clash with the rugby and it doesn't make financial sense to get one .

The championship is particularly bad for midweek games.

If you can't get the fans there for free midweek what chance of getting people to pay for tickets they may not be able to use . The memberships will be very popular this season

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think it goes to show one of the main reasons why season ticket sales are down .

Midweek games are hard to get to for a lot of people wether it be because of work commitments or travel issues . With the price of season tickets this season , if you miss one or two home games then the season ticket is not worth it. Seeing as we have 5/6 midweek home games this season already , add the ones which will be moved due to cup runs or fixture clash with the rugby and it doesn't make financial sense to get one .

If you can't get the fans there for free midweek what chance of getting people to pay for tickets they may not be able to use . The memberships will be very popular this season

moan, moan,moan, moan, moan....... :lol:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think it goes to show one of the main reasons why season ticket sales are down .

this is probably the funniest excuse i have heard yet for our falling attendances :lol:

when the team play well attendances go up, even if you hike the prices the plastics will be out in force as shown in our past 2-3 seasons. the people who stick around now are the real fans.... FFS prices are down 20% on last season. :lol:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Am I the only one who enjoyed last nights game ?

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:

this is probably the funniest excuse i have heard yet for our falling attendances :lol:

when the team play well attendances go up, even if you hike the prices the plastics will be out in force as shown in our past 2-3 seasons. the people who stick around now are the real fans.... FFS prices are down 20% on last season. :lol:

Have to agree! :thumbup:

Another good (and original) entry for the best selling book: "1001 Reasons Not to Renew at the CCS" :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:Am I the only one who enjoyed last nights game ?

Nope. There are quite a few of us. Just not many, that use this board.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:07 pm

When we win and are doing well, people find a way to turn up. When we loose they don't. There's no hidden reasons like travel or work issues it's just based on success.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:58 am

Was the poster of this thread there?

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Is that a bad attendance for a midweek friendly ?
Especially during holiday season ? With virtually no away fans.

It's not a lot different to what we had v Bournemouth in the League Cup 3 rd round last season.

Yea Tim, piss poor.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:51 pm

It' was a friendly, probably seen one or two in 25 years, lots like me have no interest in them. It starts on Aug the 8 th :thumbup: