Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Blackpool fans at Cardiff "

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Blackpool fans today
Plus viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157621 :shock: :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Blackpool fans at Cardiff "

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 pm

wheres your money gone :cry:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Fair play to them for making the journey, today will be their last Championship away game for quite a few years I imagine

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Fair play to them for making the journey, today will be their last Championship away game for quite a few years I imagine

its like looking in the mirror :cry:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 pm

It's gone from Blackpool rock to a power cut on the illuminations. Sad.

I take no pleasure in their misfortune.

Thank god we aren't with them!!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:08 pm

We think we have it bad at the moment... we should be thanking the football gods that we aren't Blackpool. Won't be surprised if they get relegated again next season.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 pm

as i said above, its like looking in the mirror, this is us in 2 yrs time?why not?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:45 pm

ninianblue wrote:as i said above, its like looking in the mirror, this is us in 2 yrs time?why not?

We're not even close to being in Blackpool's shoes.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:38 am

ninianblue wrote:as i said above, its like looking in the mirror, this is us in 2 yrs time?why not?

If Tan back's out then yes - Unless of course we get another very wealthy investor.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 am

Jon I think we are closer than you think. The only difference Blackpool I believe is in a good financial state but there owners are milking the money from them by selling the players and pocketing the parachute payments whilst spending fook all.
Now does that sound familiar ? Apart from the fact our DEBT. Now that is the problem for Tan.
But make no shit here we are in the shit up to our necks. And Choo Dalman and Slade are just Tans foot soldiers doing his dirty work whilst feeding us bull shit. Now these are just my opinions .

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:43 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

If Tan back's out then yes - Unless of course we get another very wealthy investor.

Cardiff are too big a team for the same to happen.

Too big a catchment area.

We are club based in a capital city, not a out of date seaside town. So much potential for investors.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:49 am

Depressed Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

We are club based in a capital city, not a out of date seaside town. So much potential for investors.

Whilst I agree you also have millions of debt don't you? As an investor that weighs heavily in a decision to actually invest, the biggest factor will be looking at what your assets are and how the club is running. Cardiff seriously need to look more into youth and development and then get the club making money instead of haemorrhaging it.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

So where are these investors ?? Hardly throwing themselves at us are they ?

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

They're queuing at the door to invest the monies Tan has, cardiffcitymad; just like they were in the past! ;)

OOPS! Sorry, I was thinking about some other club; certainly not Cardiff City FC :roll:

Sadly, some (so-called) supporters would rather see us 'go to the wall' than admit modern club's need a wealthy backer and that a football-educated Tan (future free of controversy) could be the best asset this club might ever have! ;) :thumbup:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Blackpool Fans, Well done,real hardcore loyal fans :thumbright: :thumbright:

Shame on our Stewards etc

Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

They're queuing at the door to invest the monies tan has, cardiffcitymad; just like they were in the past! ;)

OOPS! Sorry, I was thinking about some other club; certainly not Cardiff City FC :roll:

Sadly, some (so-called) supporters would rather see us 'go to the wall' than admit modern club's need a wealthy backer and that a football-educated Tan (future free of controversy) could be the best asset this club might ever have! ;) :thumbup:

Talking too much sense again Sven for some on here :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

They're queuing at the door to invest the monies tan has, cardiffcitymad; just like they were in the past! ;)

Talking too much sense again Sven for some on here :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I don't like a lot of Tan's mistakes, but I've always maintained he has done a lot of good for the club itself; including saving it from extinction (although some are now in denial over that!) :thumbup:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:44 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Am I right in saying Swansea City ain't got a wealthy backer and neither have Burnley. It can be done if the right people are there to move the Club forward by hiring the right staff at the right time.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Am I right in saying Swansea City ain't got a wealthy backer and neither have Burnley. It can be done if the right people are there to move the Club forward by hiring the right staff at the right time.

Nukes, as they have shown, Cardiff City fans simply don't have the patience to 'build for the future' and (in fairness) we tried that in the past and (Sam's years apart) failed miserably!

This year is a major disappointment when measured against recent seasons and the time to go back up is next year! That way, we could see the riches that are coming to the Premier League and (as many would like) the back of Tan!

That way everyone is a winner (blueminati apart!) ;) :thumbup:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

I don't think you can keep trotting out the old arguments re. Capital City / Catchment / Too big a club to go down ....

No club is too big to suffer setbacks and there are a lot bigger clubs in bigger cities that have dropped through the trapdoor!!!

Blackpool were top flight for a while and have now found themselves in free fall due to money-grabbing tactics at the top.

In fairness to Tan, he hasn't been as drastic in this way as he could have been but never say never.

I take no pleasure in seeing a club in turmoil as it is, as the other poster stated, like looking in a mirror or even a crystal ball. Just be thankful that for now, the club is stable in Championship. Let's hope it stays that way. :bluescarf: :sladeout:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool Fans, Well done,real hardcore loyal fans :thumbright: :thumbright:

We have the worst stewards in the league I reckon. There's only a handful of stewards who are actually decent and that's usually because they're fans themselves.

Taking down banners saying "Oyston Out" is absolutely pathetic, if it was political issues to with our club then fair enough but they have nothing to do with us. Football fans get treated like criminals when the real criminals are those within the club.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool Fans, Well done,real hardcore loyal fans :thumbright: :thumbright:

We have the worst stewards in the league I reckon. There's only a handful of stewards who are actually decent and that's usually because they're fans themselves.

Taking down banners saying "Oyston Out" is absolutely pathetic, if it was political issues to with our club then fair enough but they have nothing to do with us. Football fans get treated like criminals when the real criminals are those within the club.

Spot on. :thumbup: