Are you bi-lingual?

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Have a look...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31736375

Re: Are you bi-lingual?

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:21 pm

BlueGog wrote:Have a look...

Language of commerce!!! :laughing5: Yeah so you are going to do a lot of business when talking in welsh aren't you!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Yes I can with both hands. :thumbright:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Yep - I speak English when sober - and bollocks when I am P****d :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Military Junta wrote:

Language of commerce!!! :laughing5: Yeah so you are going to do a lot of business when talking in welsh aren't you!!!

Erm...Councils, Courts, Government all use the Welsh language, wake up and open another window on the world, it gives you a totally different view.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm a polyglot.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:41 pm

I'd say most on here are bipolar

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:45 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Erm...Councils, Courts, Government all use the Welsh language, wake up and open another window on the world, it gives you a totally different view.

do you really count public sector as commerce..? No wonder Wales is seen as backward with that type of thinking.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

do you really count public sector as commerce..? No wonder Wales is seen as backward with that type of thinking.

Why are you so negative with everything about your country? :roll:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:33 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Because I want to see it as a world player not a small minded backward thinking country. Is that so wrong..? People who waste their time learning Welsh for what..? You don't get nothing out of it and its forced on the taxpayer where there's far better things our money should be spent on

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm

I can speak Italian.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Because I want to see it as a world player not a small minded backward thinking country. Is that so wrong..? People who waste their time learning Welsh for what..? You don't get nothing out of it and its forced on the taxpayer where there's far better things our money should be spent on

Wales will never be a 'world player'. Most of the world don't even know that we exist.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

It's so sad that you feel this way about your country's language. There's a huge revival going on in south east Wales. Don't you think this is a good thing? It's the language and our traditions that make us different. Think of France without French, Spain without Spanish...

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Yes, English and Spanish

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:57 pm

We should at least learn a few Welsh words. Even the English speakin Irish hang on to Irish Gaelic phrases. They are proud of this little bit too. We are a little ashamed of ours even when it's survived hundreds of years of attack and persecution.

In spends more on teaching English to foreigners and communications in Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi etc than on the true British language of Welsh.

Siarad gymraeg typyn bach you lazy cunts! :laughing6:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:02 pm

No.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:01 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

It's so sad that you feel this way about your country's language. There's a huge revival going on in south east Wales. Don't you think this is a good thing? It's the language and our traditions that make us different. Think of France without French, Spain without Spanish...

Well said.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Can barely speak English and I'm f*cking british. :lol:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

World player?! We're a country of 3 million people, not 300. Get real.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:29 pm

eddiep wrote:We should at least learn a few Welsh words. Even the English speakin Irish hang on to Irish Gaelic phrases. They are proud of this little bit too. We are a little ashamed of ours even when it's survived hundreds of years of attack and persecution.

In spends more on teaching English to foreigners and communications in Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi etc than on the true British language of Welsh.

clywch! clywch!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
eddiep wrote:We should at least learn a few Welsh words. Even the English speakin Irish hang on to Irish Gaelic phrases. They are proud of this little bit too. We are a little ashamed of ours even when it's survived hundreds of years of attack and persecution.

clywch! clywch!

Muy bien Cwmann, my old adversary! How you keeping my friend? An old adage close to my heart is " I'd rather die on my feet thanlive on my knees" ...Mejor que muero a pie que vivir enrodillado!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Yma o hyd.....
Yr iaith.... diwylliant.......pobl .....calon ein gwlad!!
:thumbup: yr Adar Glas!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 pm

People who can't speak at least 3 languages should be kicked out of the country and not knowing Welsh and being a Welshman is absolutely embarrassing.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s00NLQJYEXNx

Anglophiles everywhere! :old:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:39 pm

blueminati wrote:People who can't speak at least 3 languages should be kicked out of the country and not knowing Welsh and being a Welshman is absolutely embarrassing.

Why is thst important? Millions of languages have evolved and died over the ages. Its part of the human story. And for many of us whose nationality is British but we happen to be Welsh where does the language fit in for us?

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:43 pm

City Slicker wrote:Why is thst important? Millions of languages have evolved and died over the ages. Its part of the human story. And for many of us whose nationality is British but we happen to be Welsh where does the language fit in for us?

Welsh people should speak Welsh. Those that don't know where the bridge is. Off you go. :wave:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 pm

blueminati wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Why is thst important? Millions of languages have evolved and died over the ages. Its part of the human story. And for many of us whose nationality is British but we happen to be Welsh where does the language fit in for us?

Welsh people should speak Welsh. Those that don't know where the bridge is. Off you go. :wave:

Absolute bollocks. Im British and I hapoen to be Welsh. Id rather learn Chinese.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:59 am

blueminati wrote:

Welsh fascism at its worst, there. Born in Wales but not a Welsh speaker, so you're not welcome and should leave.

Yeah, whatever.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:12 am

blueminati wrote:People who can't speak at least 3 languages should be kicked out of the country and not knowing Welsh and being a Welshman is absolutely embarrassing.

What a pathetic stance, if not a wind up.

I served in the RWF and more ;) and am welsh thru and thru, don't need to speak welsh.

You will be saying next that we should all vote PC in the next election :old:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:55 am

BlueGog wrote:Have a look...

I speak Wenglish like innit.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:57 am

i am proud to be Welsh and a Welsh speaker. For the first 21 years of my life I was proud to be Welsh and I was a non Welsh speaker. Makes no difference. Makes no difference . I cant abide those who look down on others as less Welsh cos they cannot speak the language.
BUT equally I cant understand those who consider themselves truely Welsh yet they do not support the Welsh language. It is a key part of our coutries make up and its history. It is unique and a huge part of what keeps us a country and seperate from England and other countries.it doesnt belong to one political party or one faction of people.

Be proud of being Welsh and of our great language whether you speak it or not. :thumbup: