Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Another boring episode looming involving langstone

Re: ' Cardiff Back in Court Vs Langston? '

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Another boring episode looming involving langstone

Martyn, I have to agree.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Maybe Tan just doesn't want to pay anything else out. It sounds like he wants out anyway, maybe he just decided no more money coming out of his pocket if he can avoid it.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Snaag wrote:Maybe Tan just doesn't want to pay anything else out. It sounds like he wants out anyway, maybe he just decided no more money coming out of his pocket if he can avoid it.
the club not ran has been paying the money recently he hasn't had to put money in, in the last 12 months

Re: Cardiff Back in Court Vs Langston?

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:32 pm

davids wrote:And to think that there are still people who would genuinely welcome Sam Hammam being involved in the running of our club again.

Beggars belief!

Sam knows a lot more of whats going on at the club than the ordinary rank and file fan.

If he wants his money out, quicker than the agreed monthly schedule, it would suggest that he has inside knowledge that Tan is ready to bail, and if he doesn't get his wonga soon, he's never going to get it.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Lets all rem Tan had hired forensic detectives to go through everything regarding Langston,paid them a £million and nothing was found,then pays Langston £millions.

I have always been straight about what I know regarding Sam/Langston etc :thumbright:

The Tan Circus continues.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Annis in fairness to Tan you can't blame him for not wanting to pay Sams debt off to whoever it is?

Tan had increased out debt and he will be accountable for that but at least ain't charging any interest.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Annis in fairness to Tan you can't blame him for not wanting to pay Sams debt off to whoever it is?

Tan had increased out debt and he will be accountable for that but at least ain't charging any interest.

Luke, I have not stuck up for Sam or Tan on this, I honestly dont know Tans reason for it?

But lets all Tan had hired forensic detectives to go through everything regarding Langston,paid them a £million and nothing was found,then pays Langston £millions.

And once again it feels like the Circus has started again.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:45 pm

No I know.

I think if I was Tan it would annoy me having to pay Langston though. Tan has made plenty of me as himself but Langston isn't one of them

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm

So tan as just said ok fck this for a laugh I wont continue to pay Langstone/sam or whoever they are? Right pigs do fly then! :lol:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 pm

xajax wrote:
davids wrote:And to think that there are still people who would genuinely welcome Sam Hammam being involved in the running of our club again.

Beggars belief!

Sam knows a lot more of whats going on at the club than the ordinary rank and file fan.

If he wants his money out, quicker than the agreed monthly schedule, it would suggest that he has inside knowledge that Tan is ready to bail, and if he doesn't get his wonga soon, he's never going to get it.
but Sam hasn't asked for it back has he ??? The club said they won't make anymore payments untill they have more information on who Langston are nothing to do with tan bailing,probably Sam has rubbed the club up the wrong way recently

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 pm

CARDIFF CITY REACH LANGSTON RESOLUTION

CARDIFF CITY OFFICIAL SITE

PUBLISHED
20:30 22nd July 2013
by @CardiffCityFC

I am delighted, primarily for the supporters of this great club that we can put this matter firmly behind us and plan for our future"
Tan Sri Vincent Tan

Cardiff City Football Club and the Langston Corporation are pleased to announce that an amicable resolution to the longstanding differences has been formally reached today, July 22, 2013.

Speaking of the news Tan Sri Vincent Tan said, “I am grateful and indebted to Sam Hammam, Michael Isaac and Michael Filiou for their part in this resolution, which brings to a close a lengthy period of uncertainty.

“This settlement allows us to look to a new era of financial stability, which should be celebrated by all connected to Cardiff City. I am delighted, primarily for the supporters of this great club that we can put this matter firmly behind us and plan for our future with confidence."

Sam Hammam, said, “This resolution will rightly be regarded as a proud and historic occasion for all associated with Cardiff City Football Club. Now that an amicable agreement has been reached, thanks in most part to the vision of Tan Sri Vincent Tan and the important role of Michael Isaac and Michael Filiou, the club can now focus on the exciting Premier League season ahead, while building for the future with optimism."

It has been agreed by all parties that the sole focus should be on building for the season ahead. Sam Hammam, as a part of this resolution, will take up the honorary title of Life President at the club, while the board would like to place on record its gratitude and thanks to Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Sam Hammam, Michael Isaac and Michael Filiou for their invaluable contributions to the confidential deal. Michael Filiou is joining the Board of Cardiff City Football Club.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 pm

CARDIFF CITY TO BE DEBT FREE WITHIN DAYS
BBC

18 July 2013 Last updated at 17:05

Vincent Tan: Cardiff City could be debt-free in 'days'

Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Mr Tan said he was disappointed that not all the fans were behind changes at the club

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan says he is "days away" from an agreement with creditors Langston which would result in the club becoming debt-free.

The debt to Langston - whose spokesman is former Cardiff City owner Sam Hammam - was taken out in 2004, and is thought to be about £24m.

Mr Tan, receiving an honorary doctorate from the University of South Wales, said the deal was "in Sam's hands".

Mr Tan said his total investment in the club so far would be about £120m.

If too many fans show that we are not welcome then maybe they will have a new owner but right now my experiences are that we are very welcome”

Vincent Tan
Cardiff City FC owner
Mr Tan, speaking at a news conference at the University of South Wales in Treforest, said: "We are talking to Sam Hammam to try to resolve the Langston issue.

"I have been talking to Sam," he said.

"We have been friendly, talking. I like to regard Sam now as my friend and we will come around and resolve this.

"We are, I think, days away from an agreement."

Mr Tan said if the deal could be done, he could "convert all my loans to equity and make the club financially much more secure and hopefully debt-free".

He added: "That's my goal - to make the club debt-free, so that the club won't be under any threat and after that we just have to manage it prudently, run it like a business."

Asked to confirm an agreement could be reached within days, he replied: "Days away. It's in Sam's hands."

He expects his total investment in the club to be about £120m, once the debt is resolved.

He said he expects to stay at the club a while, adding: "If I sell now a lot of people in Cardiff would be disappointed and a lot of people in Malaysia would be disappointed."

However, he said he was still disappointed with the reaction of some fans over the club's re-branding, which included a change of club colours from blue to red.

"If too many fans show that we are not welcome then maybe they will have a new owner but right now my experiences are that we are very welcome," he said.

He also appealed to fans not to be too negative or disruptive.

Mr Tan said he was studying the possibility of floating part of the club on the Malaysian stock exchange to bring in Malaysian shareholders who would be friends and supporters of Cardiff.

He also spoke about the signing of an agreement with FK Sarajevo in Bosnia to work together as affiliated clubs to try to develop players.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
xajax wrote:

Beggars belief!

but Sam hasn't asked for it back has he ??? The club said they won't make anymore payments untill they have more information on who Langston are nothing to do with tan bailing,probably Sam has rubbed the club up the wrong way recently

I don't know Wez. I think Sam/Langstone have played the long game in order to get as much of his/their money back, as possible. His position at the club makes me think Tan wanted him inside the tent pissing out rather than on outside pissing in.

Something has triggered this sudden shift, which might be bad news for Sam, but will be good news for you and for you lot getting your club.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Lets all rem Tan had hired forensic detectives to go through everything regarding Langston,paid them a £million and nothing was found,then pays Langston £millions.

I have always been straight about what I know regarding Sam/Langston etc :thumbright:

Is this timing just a coincidence with all the talk about take overs via consortiums? Wasn't Sam commenting on them subject? Maybe Sam has been a bit to busy behind the scenes Hmmmmmmm :thumbup:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:20 pm

blueminati wrote:
mugsy wrote:Why do the club need more info on Langston now - doesn't make sense. Why would we have paid the majority of the debt off without having this knowledge - but now refusing to pay until we get the info. Seems to me that Tan is trying to renege on the debt. Yet another embarrassment for the club - it appears Tan wants to be in the news and is not bothered whether it is for the right or wrong reasons. :oops:

Nothing like jumping to conclusions. You should apply for a role in Hollyoaks with dramatic performances like that.

I'm more a Corrie man myself! :lol: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Lets all rem Tan had hired forensic detectives to go through everything regarding Langston,paid them a £million and nothing was found,then pays Langston £millions.

Is this timing just a coincidence with all the talk about take overs via consortiums? Wasn't Sam commenting on them subject? Maybe Sam has been a bit to busy behind the scenes Hmmmmmmm :thumbup:

I think your on to something there :thumbright:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Another U-turn by the Tanites.

So after doing a U turn on the rebrand....the fans wanted the red yeah right....they now telling Langston no more money after paying an up front fee plus some of the instalments.

If anyone is to believe these Tanites are to be trusted then they are totally deluded.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Another U-turn by the Tanites.

So after doing a U turn on the rebrand....the fans wanted the red yeah right....they now telling Langston no more money after paying an up front fee plus some of the instalments.

If anyone is to believe these Tanites are to be trusted then they are totally deluded.

just like anyone can trust Sam either. both as bad as eachother but one has more dollar, I think,

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Not sure what you mean by a "Tanites" but in my opinion Tan should be and it seems sorting the debt he created and has backed with his own money on no interest.

Sam made the debt "Langston" paid it off, not Tan.
I think we can all blame Tan for something but paying off someone else's debt isn't one of them especially as we are now back to blue, that was never the deal.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a "Tanites" but in my opinion Tan should be and it seems sorting the debt he created and has backed with his own money on no interest.

I think we can all blame Tan for something but paying off someone else's debt isn't one of them especially as we are now back to blue, that was never the deal.

A deal was made between Tan and Langston. Tan is squelching on it. It's that simple.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Tan could say like the fans did on red in the prem.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

A deal was made between Tan and Langston. Tan is squelching on it. It's that simple.

Your jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts, we don't know what's changed over the last couple of months in the relationship between the two parties do we?? I can't see it ever being just about money with Tan :thumbup:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Your jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts, we don't know what's changed over the last couple of months in the relationship between the two parties do we?? I can't see it ever being just about money with Tan :thumbup:

Sam tried humpping tans mother

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Now now Wez let's not lower the tone. :o :lol:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Tan could say like the fans did on red in the prem.

Really? I don't recall being asked.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Not many opposed when we did well.

You may think it's coincidence that the real protests started when we struggled but we don't believe it :lol:

We all know if we were in the prem we would be sold out every week in red.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Not many opposed when we did well.

You may think it's coincidence that the real protests started when we struggled but we don't believe it :lol:

We all know if we were in the prem we would be sold out every week in red.

Luke I opposed from day one including the days we gained promotion,I just shook my head and walked out before the end,no pitch invasion for me and Sat in the Ninian Park Pub,it just never ever felt right :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

A deal was made. It does not matter what has changed regarding the relationship between the two parties. I fell out with my bank manager who gave me a mortgage. Do I stop paying the mortgage?

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 pm

You do if your paying the mortgage of the previous owner :lol: