Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OPINIONS " ITS BEEN 12 GAMES UNDER RUSSELL SLADE AND "

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am including the Blackpool away game.

OPINIONS " ITS BEEN 12 GAMES UNDER RUSSELL SLADE AND "

For me it was a NO from day one,I really wanted to give Slade a chance,as every manager deserves a chance,even though I feel he is a Tan puppet.

My Opinion on Russell Slade

Out of his depth.
No plan B,maybe not even a plan A.
His style of football awful /boring in fact dire sometimes.
Long term Slade would eventually get us relegated.

He has to go,but Tan has to go with him.

OPINIONS PLEASE :thumbright:

I said from day one Annis, that he was not the man to take us forward, although he still has one more game to reach the twelfth moment of judgement :lol: however, it matters not , he is out of his depth, as was obvious for a manager who has had a career of mediocrity. We will never get promoted with VT in charge and making key decisions, as he will never appoint the manager needed to take us up, I'm convinced of that now :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Not only is Russell Slade out of his depth but Scott Young also !

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:39 pm

For me, I don't see much heart from the players, no real connection with the fans, no team spirit.
Slade wanted to go back to basics but by basics, I never actually thought Sunday League style.

No plan B which has been mentioned, plan A seems pre-historic in the modern era.
He's obviously limited to who he can pick etc but doesn't seem to get the best out of our players

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 pm

The jury was out on Slade. Now the jury is in and the verdict is 'not good enough'.
His inability to see what is happening in a game is glaring. He seems incapable of changing tactics and the system during a game. He has stuck rigidly to 4-4-2; even when it isn't working. A long ball merchant who is more suited to league 1/2, and league 1 is where we will be within the next 2 years if he is allowed to stay. A very poor number 2 and coaching staff does not help.
Not using players with talent such as Javi Guerra is a waste.
In my opinion we only improved in the second half today because Brentford gave a poor 2nd half performance and Slade finally made a substitution bringing Jones on for Macheda. Subs should have been made earlier.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:12 pm

The players must feel down hearted going into every game knowing they are going to have to work twice as hard as the opposition in midfield because we will always be over run. Bet whitts and gunnar dead it. A stupid formation, midfield overrun, strikers with no service. Madness.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:13 pm

The game has moved on formations should be switched depending who your playing and the players selected by the Manager. The fact that Slade keeps selecting a 4 4 2 shows his lack of experience in this league never mind ever taking us to the top flight.

Our coaching staff lack experience at this level and blame must lie at Tan on insisting on Scott Young being Slade's assistant.

We need to bring in an experienced coach now if the current Team Management/Coaching staff are to remain.

Success in the Championship shows that teams who attack and keep attacking tend to win games and the league. This is show by Bournemouth being top of the league.

As far as the City are concerned our current style play is not going to get us anywhere near the playoffs. Clearly we have players who are out of favour, is this because Tan wants them out in January, some have gone already as we know.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Who cares i will be there rest of season and next regardless who is in charge! Could win 6 nil and you lot would complain about Slade! I have missed the ups and downs of watching city and today showed me why? abysmal 1st half even though missed 3 sitters., 2nd half much improved could have drawn! Its Nice to be back! :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Who cares i will be there rest of season and next regardless who is in charge! Could win 6 nil and you lot would complain about Slade! I have missed the ups and downs of watching city and today showed me why? abysmal 1st half even though missed 3 sitters., 2nd half much improved could have drawn! Its Nice to be back! :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:31 pm

All I see on here is moaners when we lose and the same people admire when we win
the reason there is no structure within fans = Because of the lack of consistency with your self's.

Same people who rejected the rebrand are the same people who were singing promotion !

A wise man once told me that worked for this shithole ... If you want change start with youself.

If they my mean boycott or that may mean support

I know what I am doing

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Who cares i will be there rest of season and next regardless who is in charge! Could win 6 nil and you lot would complain about Slade! I have missed the ups and downs of watching city and today showed me why? abysmal 1st half even though missed 3 sitters., 2nd half much improved could have drawn! Its Nice to be back! :thumbup:

At the end of the day, whatever happens on the pitch a few people will still support the manager when they are clearly not getting it right. Some fans are ignorant of the facts and the 95% majority feeling of fans. Let's be fair, we have been going backwards under Slade so why should he be defended? He has had time to change things. We have not gone forwRd but have got a lot worse since his appointments. Same formation, strange team selections, no plan B and he plays players out if position. I cannot say that the have been any positives. Why do people keep defending Slade when he is taking the club backwards? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but at this time our performances have been abysmal and we are going backwards.

Undoubtedly, he will still be in position in Jan because he was Mr. Tan's selection ,however let's wait and see who he brings in. He is shipping out all the quality so let's see who he replaces them with.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:45 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Who cares i will be there rest of season and next regardless who is in charge! Could win 6 nil and you lot would complain about Slade! I have missed the ups and downs of watching city and today showed me why? abysmal 1st half even though missed 3 sitters., 2nd half much improved could have drawn! Its Nice to be back! :thumbup:

At the end of the day, whatever happens on the pitch a few people will still support the manager when they are clearly not getting it right. Some fans are ignorant of the facts and the 95% majority feeling of fans. Let's be fair, we have been going backwards under Slade so why s

hould he be defended? He has had time to change things. We have not gone forwRd but have got a lot worse since his appointments. Same formation, strange team selections, no plan B and he plays players out if position. I cannot say that the have been any positives. Why do people keep defending Slade when he is taking the club backwards? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but at this time our performances have been abysmal and we are going backwards.

Undoubtedly, he will still be in position in Jan because he was Mr. Tan's selection ,however let's wait and see who he brings in. He is shipping out all the quality so let's see who he replaces them with.

Me i support the team good or bad! Always have done always will! For (43yrs)
Managers/owners run the club us fans should support team regardless of politics attached to club.
But its evident lots on here don't :o

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 pm

RageJon wrote:All I see on here is moaners when we lose and the same people admire when we win

you are describing human nature, don't fight the natural instinct to get carried away in your team's moments of triumph and failure

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:09 pm

ThomasC wrote:
RageJon wrote:All I see on here is moaners when we lose and the same people admire when we win

you are describing human nature, don't fight the natural instinct to get carried away in your team's moments of triumph and failure

That's what I love highs and lows of following city! :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

At the end of the day, whatever happens on the pitch a few people will still support the manager when they are clearly not getting it right. Some fans are ignorant of the facts and the 95% majority feeling of fans. Let's be fair, we have been going backwards under Slade so why s

hould he be defended? He has had time to change things. We have not gone forwRd but have got a lot worse since his appointments. Same formation, strange team selections, no plan B and he plays players out if position. I cannot say that the have been any positives. Why do people keep defending Slade when he is taking the club backwards? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but at this time our performances have been abysmal and we are going backwards.

Managers/owners run the club us fans should support team regardless of politics attached to club.

When your down your down we've been kicked and punched all over as fans for a few years now.
People are sick to death of our club being run by an idiot.
At a time when we needed stability and direction tan brings in slade .the cracks have been evident for some time now with his style of play and people see us going backwards and when your care for the club its hard to sit back and watch it all unfold infront of us.

I can totally understand fans annoyment with situation that doesn't seem to get better.
Its been hard being a city fan for a while how it doesn't effect you and you just seem to get on with itIis admirable or is it naive.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:26 pm

brickyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

When your down your down we've been kicked and punched all over as fans for a few years now.
People are sick to death of our club being run by an idiot.
At a time when we needed stability and direction tan brings in slade .the cracks have been evident for some time now with his style of play and people see us going backwards and when your care for the club its hard to sit back and watch it all unfold infront of us.

I can totally understand fans annoyment with situation that doesn't seem to get better.
Its been hard being a city fan for a while how it doesn't effect you and you just seem to get on with itIis admirable or is it naive.

No its my outlook on life in general got lots more to worry about than idiot owner or bad manager! Both i have no control over? I am a city fan and that's the players nothing else! Mind you its frustrating as hell but then again in 43yrs nothing as changed? :laughing6:

I don't understand the ridiculing of the club by its own fans! Owner yes but club never! :o
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I have followed the team since 1968, but at the end of the day I do support managers but if they are not up to it then they are not up to it. You cannot defend managers who are taking the club backwards.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:33 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Define human nature

Take a childs dummy - the child will cry

Take a club from grown men - and allow it

Take money away from a rich person he will quit and move onto somthing profitable.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:34 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Define human nature

Take a childs dummy - the child will cry

Take a club from grown men - and allow it

Take money away from a rich person he will quit and move onto somthing profitable.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I have followed the team since 1968, but at the end of the day I do support managers but if they are not up to it then they are not up to it. You cannot defend managers who are taking the club backwards.

To early to say that about Slade? I think main problem is half our players are not up to playing in championship! And its not about their skills its application and style, hopefully he will bring in players more suited to hustle and bustle of championship?
He's been dissadvantaged in that none are his players.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

To early to say that about Slade? I think main problem is half our players are not up to playing in championship! And its not about their skills its application and style, hopefully he will bring in players more suited to hustle and bustle of championship?

I agree, Slade has not had the opportunity to put his own stamp on the team. My conerc is that our performances have gone backwards, he dies not change his formation, he plays players out of position out of position and he has his favourites. Other managers have had some of the same problems. He has ignored the quality players which is another concern, whether it is his decision or coming from above. Let's see who he brings in but we need to be playing quick one touch football like the teams at the top of the Division but unfortunately we are like slugs, slow and predictable.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:48 pm

I know no one will like me pointing this out but it's actually been 11 games under Slade as he wasn't technically our manager for Blackpool even though he offered advice he didn't pick the team.

From what we know Gabbidon and Young picked the team that day but we are none the wiser.

Any ways I don't believe people are being fair on Russ as look at the situation he has come into a broken club with the fans divided, players being exiled by the owner and no players that he really knows. Most people assumed that we would lose to Forest as his first game but he got the team right and beat them, something no other team( apart from tottenham) had done before us in the season .

This was our first loss at home since Middlesbrough in the league and Bournemouth in the cup. He knew what he got wrong today after half time from the sounds of it he didn't change alot but after the match he knew that the midfield wasn't backing up the defence enough.

In my opinion he still needs more time and to bring in his own players and get rid of others so he can have a good team selection and choice of players. by new year he will know what sort of players he will need to bring in to fix the areas where we go wrong on the pitch .

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Is 17 points from 12 any better than 13 from 10. Tan has to get rid while he still has a transfer window to work with if he really wants something out of this season.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree, Slade has not had the opportunity to put his own stamp on the team. My conerc is that our performances have gone backwards, he dies not change his formation, he plays players out of position out of position and he has his favourites. Other managers have had some of the same problems. He has ignored the quality players which is another concern, whether it is his decision or coming from above. Let's see who he brings in but we need to be playing quick one touch football like the teams at the top of the Division but unfortunately we are like slugs, slow and predictable.

Its OK for us fans to pick who we want to play but at of end day Slade will stand or fall by HIS decisions No one else's!

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am

Not good enough. Wanted it to work out but it hasn't, it was dire today, a shambles. He needs to be replaced along with the backroom staff asap. I'm dreading what he's going to do to the squad over the January transfer window, hopefully he won't be here to be given the chance.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 am

I believe Slade will never be accepted by a number of fans because he was Tans personal choice however he hasn't helped himself with his team selections and rigid 4 4 2. He has to look at our midfield because in a 4 4 2 Whitts and Gunnarson simply doesn't work, I actually enjoyed today's game a lot more than the Rotherham game we created a lot more and Harris added pace and trickery to the team but our defending was woeful for all of Brentfords goals.

I think Slade has to be given the January transfer window to bring in the players he wants with a box to box midfielder and a proven striker essential he also needs a experienced coach alongside him. I have settled on us finishing mid table with an outside chance of the play offs but things have to improve and improve fast :old: :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:27 am

I was really disappointed with the appointment of Russell Slade. I wanted either Tony Pullis or someone experienced who could steady the ship. Whilst Slade has a lot of experience I had never heard of him and his experience was only in the lower leagues. Therefore, in my opinion, it was a huge risk.

I wanted Slade to succeed and he had a big chance of doing so. However, he made the incredible decision not to give all players a chance at a fresh start. This was a terrible decision. It probably ruined what was left of the team spirit in my opinion.

Now, it looks almost certain that the gamble has no payed off and Slad will not get us anywhere near promotion. We should be going for automatic promotion in my opinion.

It is now just a matter of time until he is sacked. However, Tan will probably leave it as late in the season as possible. Hopefully it will not be too late. If it is that Tan will have written off this season.

If Tan can sack him before Christmas and bring in an expensive but safe choice like Pullis then we still have a great chance of getting up the table with our current squad.

However, I have no clue what Tan will do as he is advised by hopeless advisors like Glen Roeder. Glen Roeder? Come on.

Tan needs to sack Slade before mid January or we are fucked. Maybe he wants us to be fucked. I don't know. I hope not. Surely that would be an expensive thing to do even for a meglomaniac.

Slade out. I'm sure he is a nice bloke and is trying his best but he is just not managing to do a good job. It worries me more that after 11 games he is still blaming the squad he inherited yet he hasn't given many of them a chance. Had Ravel and Daehli both played in all the matches they were available I'm sure we would have been flying. We are set up like a lower league team and we are playing like on. No disrespect to lower league teams.

TIme for Tan to sack Slade.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 am

Slade is the guy to keep us where we are, mid-table and worried about falling further. We have a decent squad but something is lacking in the motivation or organisation we see on the pitch, and for all we know, on the training ground.

Something is not right in the dressing room, though as fans we don't have the inside track on that.

I don't think we are going to make real progress as a club until we have a new owner, a new manager and go back to blue. That might involve a few seasons of going sideways or even a spell in League 1. Sooner or later Tan will cut his losses. He's a businessman and not a Bluebird.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:20 pm

For me it was a NO from day one,I really wanted to give Slade a chance,as every manager deserves a chance,even though I feel he is a Tan puppet.

Out of his depth.

Just out of interest, why do you say that Slade is Tan's puppet? I thought it was established recently that Slade picks the team. Twelve games is too soon to judge anyone. He needs at least one transfer window (probably 2) before we can judge HIS team. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:55 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Out of his depth.

I said from day one Annis, that he was not the man to take us forward, although he still has one more game to reach the twelfth moment of judgement :lol: however, it matters not , he is out of his depth, as was obvious for a manager who has had a career of mediocrity. We will never get promoted with VT in charge and making key decisions, as he will never appoint the manager needed to take us up, I'm convinced of that now :thumbup:

But...... we have already been promoted under Tan.

Another pathetic change of topic to an anti Tan slant.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Out of his depth.

We are not playing any better than under Ole, his record of wins to losses is similar too. We should have gone for Pulis from day one.