Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:15 pm

The rebrand has killed our club stone cold dead, know body cares about our club any more, congratulations Cardiff City football Club, you have turned once passionate fans into some of the most apathetic fans in the UK now :oops:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm

murphy wrote:Ive been to one home game this season against Leeds and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good that day.

Yes and that was down to the Leeds fans :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:29 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:The new stand also doesn't help the acoustics of the ground.

Total bollox I watched Wales vs Cyprus and the stadium was rocking!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 pm

A few thousand what rubbish cardiff are getting bigger crowds than ever 20.000 every home game whether they all turn up or not tickets sold I believe

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 am

bluestar wrote:A few thousand what rubbish cardiff are getting bigger crowds than ever 20.000 every home game whether they all turn up or not tickets sold I believe

It's not about bums on seats mate, it's whether those who turn up have the passion. Many who did don't go any more and many who still go have lost the passion. And one man's to blame for that.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Mike, That is 100% TRUE, I said a few years ago it was hundreds, now I believe its a few thousand.

:thumbup:

And will they ever come back Annis once Tan has slung his hook?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:11 am

Those that turn up mate all passionatley support cardiff it ix about bums on seats because they turn up every game

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 am

bluestar wrote:Those that turn up mate all passionatley support cardiff it ix about bums on seats because they turn up every game

Then why the silent/lifeless stadium mate?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:27 am

I think most replies have hit nail on the head. For me the passion of the fans got me first interested in city. The last 5 years or so the atmosphere has got worse.

To me the bigger we have grown for whatever reason newer fans are not the same. Even away trips are not as good.

I made.my mind up at the start of this season that this would be my last. I have promised my young boy to go to more away games and if we ever get back our identity I will return at home.

The last 3 years has been hoorendous. Rebrand has finished off many fans what little passion they had left. Cardiff City is no more. Identity in club and fans has changed and I simply don't enjoy it anymore.

Sad times.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:25 am

I've missed five games this season already, the love has definitely gone for me, I never used to miss, even with renal failure and I was in a bad way I would go! Two tickets in grandstand and parking permit cost a fair bit, but I just don't enjoy it any more after 41 years !I think this will be my last season !

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 am

Its a mixture of everything you mentioned Annis. Also, we seem to have many women and children ay games. At Ninian Park, you were lucky to see any women at all.
I also blame our new type of supporters and all seater stadiums.
I remember going to Anfield last season and think that Liverpool once sang twice.
We can produce an atmosphere, remember Man City last season, it was probably better than anything I previously heard at Ninian Park.
Cardiff is now a family club unfortunately.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 am

If the average home attendance is around 18,000. I would suggest the stadium is too big. I prefer to be in a packed stadium, that gives the stadium it's soul and energy.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:21 am

Our stadium is to big for us, we need an 18,000 stadium packed. Even 12k to 15k will give a good atmosphere in a stadium that size . We are not a big enough club to fill our own stadium I'm afraid to say :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
bluestar wrote:A few thousand what rubbish cardiff are getting bigger crowds than ever 20.000 every home game whether they all turn up or not tickets sold I believe

It's not about bums on seats mate, it's whether those who turn up have the passion. Many who did don't go any more and many who still go have lost the passion. And one man's to blame for that.

Most of the grounds don't have the atmosphere that was around years ago, and you can't blame one man for all the other stadiums as well. He has obviously not helped, but you need to take a look at all the other things that have changed since the 70's as well.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:45 am

bluebird04 wrote:get a new "grange-end" going next to the away fans, allow all fans there to stand and chant. give the prawns their own little section, is a first step

This would be a big step in the right direction but will never happen IMO.
The problem is not so much with the Canton stand, although it's getting quieter & quieter there, but with the rest of the stadium.
The Ninian is like a morgue these days with so much apathy & moaning it's unbelievable.
I wish I could have bottled the atmosphere at the Man City game as I'd have made a fortune. Even the prawns in the grandstand were doing the Posnan which proves it's not the stadium acoustics.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 am

the away games were always the best with cardiff city fans. ninian did have a great atmosphere on big cup games or top of the league clashes, but in general i remember hearing the players shouting at each other during most games, especially in the 80s. As for today, vinny is the problem. hes not at all interested in us the fans and what we think, he trys to portray the club to the world, in which he has succeeded ,if only in a negative way. A lot of the ole skool have now gone, me included by next season. This will be my last season ticket unless the club gets its identity back.I am the of the ole skool and at the moment i dont recognise cardiff city has my club, i am a very bored customer. has for the new fans, they will disapear in time if we slip down the leagues, they got no loyalty to hang on too.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 am

I've always hated the new ground so I don't blame it solely on tan and the rebrand. Too me it's down to like minded people being too spread out whereas on a terrace you could just go where you fitted in best now if you want to sing your guts out, you may be sat/standing next to someone who doesn't, so you yourself feel a bit awkward singing like f**k.
Also the jobs worth stewarding seems to ripping the life out of the ninian stand.
It could be improved dramatically with a couple of simple steps.
1 swap the canton and the grange and 2 allow standing the first few blocks by the away fans.

Unfortunately this will never happen as I believe policing costs would rise and also tan is a c**t

:bluescarf:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 am

Everything is just depressing down the city these days. The rebrand/tan is just eating away at me to the point i cant really be bothered anymore. The club is a joke, been a season ticket holder for 20years and i have completely lost the love, mainly because it doesnt feel like my club anymore.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am

This forum attracts certain type of fans that want more than just football.

Its 2014 and most fans in the UK just want to go to the football, get in their cars and go home. Football is just part of their entertainment package. Its bloody expensive to, the demographics are all wrong for a long term solution sustainability.

I grew up in the early 80's and went down the city with a bus load of my mates and either hassled some decent guys to let them walk in with them so we could get in the canton for 50p if jumping the wall wasn't on that day. We would always end up in the bob bank a sing all game. I just don't see gangs of 14~18 year olds down there any more. They all sit with their parents in the family.

The biggest thing wrong is the kids and youth pricing. To get decent prices they have to sit in the family.... This season I moved from the family into 115, to get a bit of atmoshere and it cost me the best part of £100, that wasn't for my ticket it stayed the same but for my daughters !!!!

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

I fell in love with Cardiff City in the early 70's mainly because of the Passion that Cardiff City Fans once had. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Opinions Please?

Why do you honestly think our stadium is so lifeless nowadays?

What can those in charge, Wayne Nash etc do to get it back?

Is it the Rebrand?

Is it the football on the pitch?

Is it due to the Owners?

Is it the Fans responsibility to get it back?

The fans are leaving in their thousands,why?

It is a big concern, because everyone I speak to are talking about it.

What the Media are saying after Cardiff City's 5th Consecutive home win v Reading on Friday night.

To say the atmosphere at the Cardiff City Stadium during this encounter was like a library would be doing a libraries a disservice. I’ve been at livelier libraries to be honest. Whether it was because it was a Friday night, I don’t know, but it was as bad as I can remember it here. It wasn’t a matter of a lack of numbers though, there was 20,000-plus at the game, the problem was a lack of sound from the stands.

The big picture might tell you many Cardiff supporters feel disenfranchised following events and decisions made by the club in recent seasons. The problem on the pitch is, of course, that the Bluebirds team doesn’t really supply anything to get the pulses racing.

The football is tedious and that has a way of transmitting itself to supporters. Even the celebrations for the goals was muted and I’ve never really witnessed that before. The home support was out sung by a few hundred Reading fans. A poor showing indeed, but until the Bluebirds players supply the thrills on the pitch the stands may well respond with stony silence.

It wont change till Tans civil war is over and we get our colours back.I was still slightly confused at times watching a blue team playing against us on friday.TAN OUT. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 pm

You will not believe it at cardiff on friday, the stewards in the canton end tried telling ppl to sit down lol fair play no one did tho… .

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:42 pm

You get a good atmosphere when the team plays well. Simple as.

Those of you who enjoyed the days of small crowds were a lot younger then and were much more easily pleased.
:old:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

The Trooper wrote:I've missed five games this season already, the love has definitely gone for me, I never used to miss, even with renal failure and I was in a bad way I would go! Two tickets in grandstand and parking permit cost a fair bit, but I just don't enjoy it any more after 41 years !I think this will be my last season !

Cheerio then.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
The Trooper wrote:I've missed five games this season already, the love has definitely gone for me, I never used to miss, even with renal failure and I was in a bad way I would go! Two tickets in grandstand and parking permit cost a fair bit, but I just don't enjoy it any more after 41 years !I think this will be my last season !

Cheerio then.

That is the sort of answer you expect now from sell outs :roll:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 pm

bluebird58 wrote:

Cheerio then.

There is NO need for that at all, True City fans are really hurting :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

Cheerio then.

I agree, pathetic statement.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

Cheerio then.

Plus one on that. One of the most pathetic statements on this forum for a while, and completely uncalled for. No need to have a go at someone who has supported the club for 41 years.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

Cheerio then.

Plus one on that. One of the most pathetic statements on this forum for a while, and completely uncalled for. No need to have a go at someone who has supported the club for 41 years.

Spot on.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 pm

moonboots wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:The new stand also doesn't help the acoustics of the ground.

We were saying this before the new stand but the Scots laid that one to rest. f**k all wrong with the acoustics it's our fans. We're shit and we know we are :lol: :bluescarf:

You say that but the Forest fans were unable to hear any of our fans, even those in the Ninian right next to them!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 pm

its the rebrand.

even if the football was crap many fans would still sing their hearts out. when you're seeing a team in red play poorly theres very little that the fans can identify with.