Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' VINCENT TAN THIS SATURDAY '

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:listening to whats been said one question? if we are losing at least 1m a month which tan is putting in to cover, why is tan still investing his money into a bottomless pit?? its certainly not to stop losing face as losing face is better than losing his wealth which at the rate our fans say we are it wont be long as 170m being quoted at present, and not improving so almost a quater of his 800m fortune gone as he stated he as not borrrowed money to fund club!!! mmm does anyone actually think he is that stupid or even a clown to keep putting his money in ??? :o

Ever heard of the term "more money than sense"[/quote

yes and you actually believe he is happy to waste 200m on us?? because at present rate thats what it will be! :? maybe thats how he got his money by being stupid and a clown?? :laughing5:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 am

harold pinta wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:I'm one of the 99% of fans who won't care if he is there or not - I'm going to watch the game. :ayatollah:

I think your estimate is a bit wide of the mark :laughing6:

I mean the fans who go to the game, not the fans on this board.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil, the club is not being run professionally and the debts are seriously getting out of control, it's been over 4 years now and even you must be worried how our club is being run?

Under Tan, our debts should of been reduced by now,if the club was being run correctly,instead they are spiralled totally out of control and that's a fact.

If the club dies because of its debts I won't go any more. Neither will anyone else! But as a man born in Canton, as long as the club continues to play in the city of my birth, I will support them no matter what colour they wear, no matter who owns them, or even if they are called Malaysia United. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:18 am

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Neil, the club is not being run professionally and the debts are seriously getting out of control, it's been over 4 years now and even you must be worried how our club is being run?

Under Tan, our debts should of been reduced by now,if the club was being run correctly,instead they are spiralled totally out of control and that's a fact.

If the club dies because of its debts I won't go any more. Neither will anyone else! But as a man born in Canton, as long as the club continues to play in the city of my birth, I will support them no matter what colour they wear, no matter who owns them, or even if they are called Malaysia United. :ayatollah:

Well there wont be many of you.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:38 am

I feel sorry for anyone who genuinely believe that doing the wearing blue, the blue chants and anti Tan songs will get him to leave.

If its about restoring pride among the club and fanbase like I do it for then fair enough.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:05 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

If we were in the Premiership that's simply not true. Our crowd is dependant on our success. Always has been and always will be.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

If we were in the Premiership that's simply not true. Our crowd is dependant on our success. Always has been and always will be.

Spot on :thumbup:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 am

If you think you'd get a full house of Cardiff City fans in the ground if the club was renamed to Malaysia United, then you are SERIOUSLY deluded. :oops:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

You seriously think people would go if we were renames Malaysia United?

Unbelievable.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Any name change would be the end for me even including Bluebirds.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:00 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I feel sorry for anyone who genuinely believe that doing the wearing blue, the blue chants and anti Tan songs will get him to leave.

If its about restoring pride among the club and fanbase like I do it for then fair enough.

Depends how you look at it Dando.

The fact that the fanbase has not accepted the red is most likely eating into Tan. If what we are hearing is that he is looking to sell then I would say wearing blue has done its job. However he will not walk away like that.

It is a bit like having your job but hating it. Like it or not until you find another job you are stuck with it. In Tans case he could walk away but he has spent too much and will look soft if he does. A man of his standing cannot afford to do that. I believe Tan could sell us tomorrow if the price is right. I would say around £40m perhaps a bit more if we were in the top 6. However we all know he would not accept that. The question is how far would he drop.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:If you think you'd get a full house of Cardiff City fans in the ground if the club was renamed to Malaysia United, then you are SERIOUSLY deluded. :oops:

Well, perhaps thats not a good example, but in principle.

Look at what Rugby League has done over the last 20 years. They have done away with a lot of historical teams, and team names. Bradford Northern are now Bradford Bulls, Wigan are now Wigan Warriors, etc etc. They even moved the game from winter to summer!

Having spent a few years living "up north", their fans were equally opposed to any idea of a rebrand and wanted traditions kept. BUT - over the last 20 years the whole game has become more exciting with bigger and bigger crowds. They, too, have embraced new stadiums. It may well have been designed by SKY TV, but more bums on seats shows that it is a popular product.

What's that got to do with football, I hear you ask?

Well, at some time in the not too distant future, the TV companies will exert even more power over the Premier League. It will almost certainly be Franchised like Rugby League, so that you can't get relegated very easily, if at all. My personal feeling is that basically the Premier League and Championship will be made into Premier 1 and Premier 2. You will need to have a modern stadium of a predetermined capacity and no standing, and an owner wishing to buy himself some glory. None of this financial fair play crap - money will talk. Luckily, we are in the position to take advantage of this at present.

Oh - and Celtic and Rangers will be invited to play as well, maybe a Franchise in Dublin, or Belfast?

Its going to happen, so all of you old traditionalists had better start supporting Newport County if you want to watch old style football.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:If you think you'd get a full house of Cardiff City fans in the ground if the club was renamed to Malaysia United, then you are SERIOUSLY deluded. :oops:

Look at what Rugby League has done over the last 20 years. They have done away with a lot of historical teams, and team names. Bradford Northern are now Bradford Bulls, Wigan are now Wigan Warriors, etc etc. They even moved the game from winter to summer!

Having spent a few years living "up north", their fans were equally opposed to any idea of a rebrand and wanted traditions kept. BUT - over the last 20 years the whole game has become more exciting with bigger and bigger crowds. They, too, have embraced new stadiums. It may well have been designed by SKY TV, but more bums on seats shows that it is a popular product.

Well, at some time in the not too distant future, the TV companies will exert even more power over the Premier League. It will almost certainly be Franchised like Rugby League, so that you can't get relegated very easily, if at all. My personal feeling is that basically the Premier League and Championship will be made into Premier 1 and Premier 2. You will need to have a modern stadium of a predetermined capacity and no standing, and an owner wishing to buy himself some glory. None of this financial fair play crap - money will talk. Luckily, we are in the position to take advantage of this at present.

Oh - and Celtic and Rangers will be invited to play as well, maybe a Franchise in Dublin, or Belfast?

Its going to happen, so all of you old traditionalists had better start supporting Newport County if you want to watch old style football.

Rugby league was dying a death....it needed something like a rebrand. It is not the case for football.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

Rugby league was dying a death....it needed something like a rebrand. It is not the case for football.

Football was dying too - old stadiums, small crowds, the Hillsborough tragedy, hooliganism at various places, including a British team at a European final, and ordinary decent families to scared to go to a game. SKY's money has played a large part in dealing with those issues, and despite saturation TV coverage we have 2 of the 5 most attended leagues in Europe in 1 country. SKY will want to protect their investment, and will be quite happy to attract the more affluent and law abiding fan at the expense of the old brigade. The times they are a-changing.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:09 pm

As Bluebird 58 says he would still go. Those that would be disgusted and never go again would be many. But many would stay. There are also many who would replace those that stopped going. They would want to watch the big teams in the premiership.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I feel sorry for anyone who genuinely believe that doing the wearing blue, the blue chants and anti Tan songs will get him to leave.

The fact that the fanbase has not accepted the red is most likely eating into Tan. If what we are hearing is that he is looking to sell then I would say wearing blue has done its job. However he will not walk away like that.

It is a bit like having your job but hating it. Like it or not until you find another job you are stuck with it. In Tans case he could walk away but he has spent too much and will look soft if he does. A man of his standing cannot afford to do that. I believe Tan could sell us tomorrow if the price is right. I would say around £40m perhaps a bit more if we were in the top 6. However we all know he would not accept that. The question is how far would he drop.

Who would pay even 40 million for us? They could have had us for a pittance when we were facing liquidation. According to those ITK we are losing a million a month. Who is going to take that on?

We are lucky that Tan is still bankrolling the club after all the crap we have given him. We are lucky he is an honourable man who doesn't want to leave us in the shit.

I don't mean all of us with that. The wearing of blue is a good protest however those that have been racist or call him a wanker deserve the club we would be without Tan's money and that's a league of Wales club.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

You seriously think people would go if we were renames Malaysia United?

Unbelievable.

Bluebird 58 said exactly that Ian. I personally wouldn't but to be fair I've been a bit disenchanted since well before the rebrand and it was actually the spirit we had the year we went up (under Malky) which reignited my love for the club. That was after the rebrand but very few were that bothered. Funnily enough as we were winning.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Who would pay even 40 million for us? They could have had us for a pittance when we were facing liquidation. According to those ITK we are losing a million a month. Who is going to take that on?

We are lucky that Tan is still bankrolling the club after all the crap we have given him. We are lucky he is an honourable man who doesn't want to leave us in the shit.

I don't mean all of us with that. The wearing of blue is a good protest however those that have been racist or call him a wanker deserve the club we would be without Tan's money and that's a league of Wales club.

I agree with you Neil someone could have had us for the amount of the tax bill. If there was anyone beside Tan interested then we will never know. With Tan sniffing around any would be interested party would remain quite unless they were in the Bill Gates league. That is how it goes.

I would not say we are lucky having Tan to bankroll us. I just think we are unlucky to have a "businessman" running our club with ludicrous income streams coming in which we never had before and still run us at a loss.

I well believe he does not want to leave us in the shit because it is him who will lose the most.

If Merthyr can avoid the league of Wales I'm pretty sure we can regardless what happens.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 am

Here we go again. It's game day and a handful are off on the boring anti tan stuff again...... I'm off to watch the game I'll leave you 30 odd take on the world

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 am

maccydee wrote:

As Bluebird 58 says he would still go. Those that would be disgusted and never go again would be many. But many would stay. There are also many who would replace those that stopped going. They would want to watch the big teams in the premiership.

Which is why I said Cardiff City fans in my post. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:43 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

There are about 4 possible 5 big teams the plastics would go and watch. after that the ground would be practically empty.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Bluebird 58 is a cardiff City fan

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:27 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Here we go again. It's game day and a handful are off on the boring anti tan stuff again...... I'm off to watch the game I'll leave you 30 odd take on the world

Yes it's all coming back again.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:45 pm

maccydee wrote:Bluebird 58 is a cardiff City fan

That's one fan. I said full house of true CCFC fans, which would never happen if the name was changed to Malaysia United.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Change of name would be the end of me watching Cardiff City, but as we saw with hull last season it won't be allowed thank f**k.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 pm

bluebird58 wrote:f the club dies because of its debts I won't go any more. Neither will anyone else! But as a man born in Canton, as long as the club continues to play in the city of my birth, I will support them no matter what colour they wear, no matter who owns them, or even if they are called Malaysia United. :ayatollah:

Surely you wouldn't have 100% loyalty to owners who have no regard for the club? Look at what happened to Chester when the Vaughan family got involved or perhaps what's happening at Hereford now. Asset strippers come in with a determination to rip the heart out of the club and personally profit from it whilst destroying what the fans hold dear.

Vincent Tan clearly isn't the right owner for Cardiff. His reign has been littered with controversy from the incomprehensible rebrand to having three managers within the last year; but I don't see a valid reason for a mass boycott either. He reminds me of Thaksin Shinawatra in many ways. Chairmen should hold back and let people do their jobs.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:f the club dies because of its debts I won't go any more. Neither will anyone else! But as a man born in Canton, as long as the club continues to play in the city of my birth, I will support them no matter what colour they wear, no matter who owns them, or even if they are called Malaysia United. :ayatollah:

Surely you wouldn't have 100% loyalty to owners who have no regard for the club? Look at what happened to Chester when the Vaughan family got involved or perhaps what's happening at Hereford now. Asset strippers come in with a determination to rip the heart out of the club and personally profit from it whilst destroying what the fans hold dear.

Vincent Tan clearly isn't the right owner for Cardiff. His reign has been littered with controversy from the incomprehensible rebrand to having three managers within the last year; but I don't see a valid reason for a mass boycott either. He reminds me of Thaksin Shinawatra in many ways. Chairmen should hold back and let people do their jobs.

Could be worse Leeds and Watford have had more managers in the last 3 months.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

I see where your coming from but I think it gets to him a bit but it's no where near enough to drive him out, our fans could a lot further than wearing blue and if people do want him out they need to realise you have to go a lot further than wearing blue and singing the chants.